Is it too soon to buy things?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
I am seeing lots of bargains just now and although we are not going to ttc until end of the year I am wondering if I should buy things now?
I have seen a bargain pram (used) and if I can get it at a great price then should I jump at it and stick it up the loft and forget about it? (I am not really superstitious).
Just thinking if I buy now its less to stress about at a later date.....is anyone else doing this? I mean whats the difference to stocking up on lotion and wipes etc?
I know I should not take it for granted that we can get pg immediatley....

Hey hun!!

I can't see why you shouldn't esp if its going to save you loads!!
I think you're just being sensible. When are you going to TTC again?

Kerry

we would like to start trying Oct/Nov this year. I know it may not happen straight away but I was just wondering if I really am jumping the gun?

Hmmmmm I dont know!!!

If I am honest I have been doing to exact same thing for the past few months looking at stuff online, in shops(I have a great excuse as there has been a baby boom amoungst my friends) But I have also been subtly guiding H2B round the buggies, cotbeds I really like to gauge his opinion as I know what I like etc etc...

But for me I am waiting until I get pregnant and past 15 weeks until I startto actually buy for our baby. I guess if I started now and then got :bfp: in the following months it would remove some of the excitement for me and H2B...but then there is the bargain hunter side of me. But I am defo waiting for :bfp: as if it didnt happen and I had all the stuff in loft I would be up there every day playing with it....

What does your OH say?

Emma.xx

Hi pumpkin,

DF and I are waiting til Sept/Oct so we might be in DI forum together!!
Doesn't it seem like ages away!!

no problem with buying things now. I personally wouldn't though, I'm a bit supersticious and would be worried it would be tempting fate!

I see things I like sometimes, but I feel drawn to all the pink things...I don't if that's because I love pink or if subconcsiously I want a girl, but I feel like buying anything would be tempting fate I guess

I woulda said yes before my miscarriage but when I found out I was preg at bout 6 weeks I went out and saw a gorgeous baby sleeping bag, my daughter used hers loads but I didn't have a newborn one and it was in the sale so I bought it. I miscarried at 11 weeks and that was the only thing I bought I can't bring myself to look at it, I just cry and cry I'm even filling up now and I've managed not to cry for days.

Not telling you what to do, just telling you my experience.:hugs: I know my mother started buying me nappies, they are at her house though so I haven't seen them.

I had a dream last night that I was buying baby stuff.

I am collecting ideas of what I want for when the time comes, but I am not buying anything yet. You never know what's going to happen.

I think a lot of it depends on the person. I didn't start buying until I'd gotten pregnant, not really superstitious but knew that, for myself, if something had happened--we didn't get pregnant quickly or I had a MC, that it would upset me greatly to have a lot of baby stuff around. The other thing you have to worry about with some of the bigger stuff (car seat/pram) is that the warranties wear off, and they go out of date after X number of years (technology is always changing and safety protocols change quite often to reflect that).

thanks all, maybe it is best to wait then, I guess if there are bargains to be had now they will still be there when the time comes. You just feel you will have more money now than when you know you really have to knuckle down and save, save, save when you know a baby is coming.
Hubby doesn't really mind either way he says, not fussed! :dohh:

Hi pumpkin,

DF and I are waiting til Sept/Oct so we might be in DI forum together!!
Doesn't it seem like ages away!!

It does but then when you think its only really 3-4 months away its not that far away at all! Scared and excited all at once!

Just up to urself really! I did both time tho the 2nd time i miscarried at 12 weeks and was so raging i put all the outfits on ebay (i see on ebay so i actually bought them in bulk to sell but kept a few boy and girl outfits). I also threw my little boys cot out as i was so raging(tho it was a bit broke but could have been fixed).

I think really it doesnt make a difference if u buy early the only thing is if u take longer to concieve or have a mc its there for u to see every day

thanks all.
I missed out on the pram and was a bit gutted as would have been a good buy, I'm sure more will come up though.
I guess the advantage that we have is we have a lot of loft space and a garage so things can be put there out of sight. Have already gathered some things from Freecycle and stuck them up there.
I will keep an eye out for bargains but not chase them I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->