is it true?

emzlouize

mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason
Reaction score
that you cant drink wile breastfeeding??? i cant go 9 months then another 2 years after tha with no wine!! haha :O

Lol yer they recommend you dont drink, certain foods can make your milk taste funny to, i had to give up Pizza because the tomato sauce make my milk yucky according to my baby daughter who wouldn't feed after pizza lol

I've read you can't drink and you have to watch what you eat too!! :saywhat: i wanted to get back to normal after this haha!!

oh my lord im only 21 years of age and i know i sound selfish but i like a de- stressing glass or two of wine at the end of a week (not now coz im preg obv) but also i will still be having the odd night out coz i jst know every1 will want to take the twins off us haha. i dnt no wot to do now,, am i selfish?

No of course you arn't sefish hun! I think after being pregnant for 9 months we deserve it !!!!

I'd speak to your m/w and ask her about it x you might find it is ok to have a glass or two x

oh my lord im only 21 years of age and i know i sound selfish but i like a de- stressing glass or two of wine at the end of a week (not now coz im preg obv) but also i will still be having the odd night out coz i jst know every1 will want to take the twins off us haha. i dnt no wot to do now,, am i selfish?

If you want a night out then express a load so that the day after when the booze is in your milk your babys can have your expressed milk and you can just express your not so great milk to tip it away until your milks back to normal ;)

Ok im going to sound like a really bad mother here but....I drink, i dont go out every weekend and get wasted, i will have the odd glass of wine, also if i do go out (iv been about about 4 times since charlie was born) I only have a few i think the most iv had is 6 halfs it sounds like alot but its only 3 pints and its only 6 units, my HV said its ok as long as you dont get "Bladderd" "all it will do is make him sleep a little bit more" which is true if i have any more than 4 drinks he sleeps most of the day, every woman in my family have drank and breast fed, i dont particullary watch what eat. i thinks its personal prefrance, If my health visitor doesnt have a problem with it then i dont :)

Also my midwife told me it was ok to have no more than 4 units of alcholol a week while pregnant, again i had the odd glass of wine but never anymore...its all about what u feel is right

If you want a night out then express a load so that the day after when the booze is in your milk your babys can have your expressed milk and you can just express your not so great milk to tip it away until your milks back to normal ;)
I was just about to suggest this lol

I agree with cariad_bach, id express alot of milk before you go out

My breastfeeding counciller (sp) Was breastfeeding same time as me and sed u didnt have to deny yourself a odd glass off wine as long as it was only the odd glass

A small amount of whatever you eat/drink does get through to your breast milk, I remember when I was breast feeding my first after having a glass of pure orange juice.. dear lord did I regret that after the nappies that followed! lmao

I was just about to suggest this lol

I tried that. Omg I hate pumping! My boobs still got so engorged with milk they hurt. I think I need a better pump LOL. I am a wine drinker too occasionally. I don't mind giving it up. I want a taste here and there but don't bother.

OMG i never knew all this!! I can't believe that no pizza and no wine whilst breast feeding :O

OMG i never knew all this!! I can't believe that no pizza and no wine whilst breast feeding :O

Dont worry about the Pizza...that was just my first babys taste...my others were fine with Pizza but had other things they wouldn't let me eat.....im only going to panic if this one takes a dislike to Chocolate :rofl:

haha ohh why do men get away with everything! lol they do my head in! grr xx

I read an NHS leaflet today that says you don't have to avoid alcohol, as long as you're not going crazy. Plus you can go back to eating soft cheeses etc. You should just not have a crap diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->