Is my hCG level low?

sn0wbunnie

Reaction score
I am 3w3d. Had a beta done today because I've been having spotting & it was 54.6.

My doctor told me that is very low & I am having a MC & there was no need for a follow up. After fighting tooth & nail I was able to get a 2nd test scheduled for Saturday.

Does that seem right? Everything I've read says the normal level for 3 weeks is 5-50!

No i don't think it is too low. Mine was only 65 at 12dpo.

It's not low at all. 3w3d is really early. Having any hcg show is good at this point. You should know more from your second test.

I can't believe your doctor didn't want to do a second test. I would consider a new doctor honestly.

That is not low for 3+3!! I found out at 4+1 and my HCG was only 91. I found out at 3+4 with my son and it was only 23. Your doctor needs to shut up and see if your levels increase as they should before opening his mouth with negativity.

Same thing happened to me with my son. Hcg was 39 at 3w3d, and my dr was concerned. All was fine though!

It's just fine for 3 weeks 3 days. Maybe your doctor just isn't used to seeing people's hCG levels that early, since most people don't even know they're pregnant yet.

3 weeks is so early! Having an hcg of 51 sounds good to me!! Let us know how your next set of bloods go :) Best of luck to you!

I am actually really confused! Most people don't even know they are pregnant at 3 weeks. Preg tests detect levels above 15-20 and yet some women still get negative hpts. Yours is really good at 51 :S

My HPT was a BFP at 3 weeks 3 days .. two days later I did bloods and my HCG was 189 then. Yours sound totally within the normal range?

Maybe it was the spotting/bleeding that caused him to worry about miscarriage? It's very weird though. Let us know what happened.

You definitely need a new doctor. He/she should know that it is about the doubling and not the starting number. At 3 + 4 my beta was 41 with DS and 37 with this pregnancy. The most NB thing is to have a second draw and make sure its doubling correctly. Good luck. x

Here's my progression pic:

https://i62.tinypic.com/33uvfb5.png

First test was done at 3 weeks exactly. The line is obviously suuuuper faint. But now, that 2nd line is getting darker FOR SURE. So if I was losing this pregnancy wouldn't it not be getting darker?

Anyway, my 2nd draw is first thing tomorrow. I can't wait until I can tell my doc FU, you were wrong!

Mine was 54 at 3w5d with ds1 x

My first beta was at 10dpo and it was only 24. My reproductive endocrinologist wasn't really concerned at all. They just needed to see the number improve at the next beta. My next one was 13 dpo and it was 115, which was great. They only wanted to do one more and did it at 15 dpo, and it was 332.

So at 10dpo, I wasn't quite 4 weeks... and my number was 24. I agree that I believe you need a new doctor.

At 3w4d mine was 18!!!!!! This dr sounds like he hasn't seen a very early positive before. My dr told me i was probably miscarrying as well. I've vowed not to go to the dr before 4w ever again!

your doc is an idiot!!!! most women don't get a positive HPT until 14-15 dpo and you're at 10 DPO maximum!!! that's a GREAT level for only 3 weeks 3 days and besides... HCG is not about the absolute number but about how it doubles.

if i were you i'd change the doc immediately. this one doesn't sound like a smartass, plus, telling someone they'll miscarry just like that is outrageous.

Update: Had my 2nd draw today & my level was 146! It almost tripled! I knew my doctor was wrong!!!!! Crying tears of joy right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->