Is quinine safe in pregnancy?

blondebabe

Reaction score
For example drinking it in tonic water for leg cramps?

Hi ive been trying to find any info on google etc about this but some say its ok others to just stay away. Maybe call your midwife or get the doctors to give you a ring back an ask them?

sorry not much help x

thats ok :) thanku for your comment i think i will stay away from it but i was jus wondering because i do suffer with leg cramps and after experiencing a really bad one the other day i thought to myself "omg i do not want to go through that again" x

I drink loads of tonic water. Does it have it in that? And I mean loads of it. Slim line tonic x

read the ingredients at the back of the bottle x

read the ingredients at the back of the bottle x

Will do. What is supposed to be wrong with it anyway? I'm sure the midwife would have said to stay away from drinks with it in when she read out the list of not to eat and drink at the first meeting if it was a no no xx

I'm sure it's fine in tonic water as it would definately be on the 'Not to ...' list

I drink tonic water if I go out now not able to drink but also drink it if I start with restless legs, I'm sure it's fine :D It won't have the content of quinine in that the prescibed dose will have, which is 300mg per tablet.

I drink it for my migraines. My midwife told men it to drink it in the 1st tri but after 12 weeks it's fine

I drink it for leg cramps, and haven't had any problems. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I don't know if it's safe or not, but I've seen loads of ladies talking about how much potassium helps leg cramps during pregnancy, so they're all eating lots of bananas and I've seen lots of them say that even just one banana a day makes a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->