Is sex outside of ovulation 'a waste'?

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
DF and I are doing SMEP this cycle (currently on CD15). I was due to O yesterday, but according to my OPKs since CD 10, I didn't O. The lines on my tests are all faint...there, but faint. Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon's lines were a little darker, but definitely not positive. I took one later today and it was very faint again so I'm ovulating late (probably my cycle getting back to normal after I finished Cerazette in May). I felt really hot yesterday, but I don't temp.

Our SMEP is going a bit haywire. So far, we've BD'd on CD8, CD10, CD12, CD13, CD14 and CD15 (today). I've been feeling very 'wet' alot over the past 5 or 6 days, so thought I was gearing up to ovulate.

I'm worrying that all this BDing is a waste of time when I'm not ovulating...? What are your opinions, ladies?

:dust:

not a waste of time :) with DD i got pregnant around CD 8. it's possible to get pregnant at any time in your cycle! good luck :)

I don't think it's a waste. If spern can live up to 5 days inside you then BD before ovulation leaves a good amount of swimmers waiting for the egg. Plus it's fun.

I don't think it's a waste. If spern can live up to 5 days inside you then BD before ovulation leaves a good amount of swimmers waiting for the egg. Plus it's fun.

Thank you :) and you're right, it is fun! ;)

xx

Wild -

Remember to take his feelings into account to. If I only dtd with hubby at O time, I wouldn't be married anymore.

We have a rule. 3 times a week regardless!! LOL (OK so it's not A rule - it's MY rule!!!)

LOL It's a great stress reliever and it builds that closeness!!!

Of course it isn't!!! You're still in a relationship and you can't have sex just being about conceiving, that should be a small part of it once a month. Surely your regular sex life and relationship with your partner is more important?

I think sex is important to keep any relationship healthy, I would say sex around ovulation is geared for baby making, but the rest of the month should be about fun and intimacy :) Having sex with a little one is challenging so make a point to enjoy it as much as possible BEFORE the little ones arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->