Is the iPhone 5 good?

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Since my samsung got nicked I have been considering treating myself - I'd kind of anticipated the iPhone 5 getting a bit cheaper since the 5S and 5C came out.

Can anyone give me pros and cons of the 5? And what size sim does it take?

Thanks in advance :flow:

I love mine but I couldn't not have an iPhone now. I think it takes the small sim(can't remember the name) x

The iPhone 5 was discontinued when the 5c and s were released

Yea I'm considering getting one off eBay :)

I got a new 4S in September rather than the 5. OH has the 5 and says he thought the 4S was better. I've had 2 4S's and love them (I smashed one). I had a Samsung galaxy a I between and it was horrible. I'd either go for the new one, or else go for the 4S. It's again even cheaper! They take a small sim. A micro sim I think it's called.

It's fine. It's a phone. Quite pretty. Apps are occasionally handy. Find it a nightmare for the internet. I got it through a company contract- we were all upgraded- and tbh it's just a phone. I mean, I guess it's all snazzy but phone wise it's no better than a Nokia 3310, worse in fact! Though actually I do like Instagram...

Bad battery, freezes a lot, if you're used to samsung you'll find iphones like a toy compared to galaxy, since I upgraded the software I lose 3G/ 4G connection alot, & it goes out of service randomly even if it's on & in a place with good signal, my brother has the same issues. The iphone 4 was much better

I have a Galaxy note tablet & I love it, my next phone is going to be a galaxy

I ordered the Iphone 5s and my friends were like NOOOO you're wasting your money. If you really want it, just get the regular Iphone 5. Well they are discontinued so I just got the 5c instead.

I regret it. I should've just waited a couple more weeks or so for the Galaxy Note 3 =(. I like android so much better. I don't really know how to compare the pros and cons but the one reason why I hate the Iphone is that I have to go thru iTunes with like everything!!! Android was much more less complicated. My fiancé bought the Galaxy s 4 and I am asking him to trade phones everyday lol.

BTW, the sim for the Iphone is called NANO-SIM or something like that. =)

I have the iPhone 5, tbh it's just a phone, I don't find it anything special and I also prefer android, but the iPhone is more robust than the samsung so I'm keeping it, complete with rubber case, for now.

I loved my iphone 5 until the update and now my battery drains in about three hours (if that) and it has taken to turning off at any where between 15 and 20% battery left. I would assume it was my phone being an issue, if it weren't for multiple friends experiencing the same thing since the latest update. I personally would wait until they sort this out, if I was you.

I had the iPhone 4S and LOVED IT!! I was due an upgrade but was a bit wary as I'd heard bad things about the 5 - I've recently just got the 5c and love it!

The battery at first was a little low and wouldn't hold its charge but after running it completely flat a few times and then giving a full charge it's been fine!

I have a samsung galaxy for work and find it awful! I'd always have an iPhone now xx

I have an iphone 4s so not a 5 but still, kinda similar. I do love my iphone - it has everything on it and I'd probably be very lost without it now. One thing I do hate how rubbish the battery life is

I have the iPhone 4 and am waiting for my next upgrade, I didn't realise the 5 was discontinued DH must have got one of the last ones as he got it just as the other 2 were released. I was going to go for that but will probably go for the C then if that is my option. I don't like to go for the latest one as I don't think you get value for your money over a 2 year contract, but wouldn't want to go for a 4S or lower as in 2 years time it'll be quite old and my 4 hasn't faired well with the latest updates, so for me the C is the compromise. I am going to stick to ihpone because I am used to it, I like it and I like the way it is in sync with my iPad I think it would be a pain to have an iPad then a different make phone as I use them both interchangeably. Anyways hubby has the 5 and he is happy with it, we haven't really tried any of the other major contenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->