Is there a chance? Anyone get pregnant on the pill?

EllieRose

Reaction score
Hi!

I know there are probably a lot of these posts floating around so I am sorry!

Basically I was on Microgynon, switched to Yasmin and then back to Microgynon. I was on antibiotics the same week I was on my period, took the new pill from the pack on a Saturday and then came off antibiotics Monday. Forgot the pill Wednesday (didnt have sex Wed but did Tuesday and Thursday) this was about 3 1/2 4 weeks ago. I came on my period Tuesday as normal except its extremely light compared to what I am used to and I have had a headache for past 3 days, been very tired for the past 5 days and today I have been feeling very very light headed.

Basically is there a chance that the antibiotics/missed pill could cause a pregnancy? I am probably over worrying! Thanks!

Yes... if you had sex around your fertile days, its probable not but anytime you take antibiotics when you are on the pill you need to use extra contraception as it interferes with the pharmacology of the drug. You have had a period so you sound safe but maybe do a test just in case hon, light period is probably due to swapping around and missing pills some pills also produce different side effects that stop you being impregnated even when there is a released egg so i wouldnt worry too much xxx hope you get the result you want.

Yes there is a chance.
I got pregnant whilst taking two contraceptives a day x

Thank You!

I did have a period that was extremely light and only lasted a few days, I will test maybe in a few weeks?xx

Interestingly enough, my mom got pg with me while she was on oral contraceptives. She was taking them correctly and nothing to hinder their effectiveness. Apparently, I just wanted to be in that >1%...
That said, between the antibiotics and the missing of a pill, it would be a good idea to test anyway. At least to rule out a pregnancy, the sooner you know whether you are or not, the better :)

There would be no need to wait a few weeks if you are pregnant and tested now you would get a positive I would test just to be safe

Got negative...

BUT Yesterday and Today had cramps and also had pinkish liquid in pants :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->