Is there a limit on the amount of c sections you can have?

Sunshine.

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I have had two c sections. One emergency, and one elective.

I will be having another elective this July.

Is there a limit on the amount of c sections you can have?

Or does it just vary depending on each women?!

Thank you :flower:

xx

My doctor will only perform 3 c sections. I had my first c section in Nov. 2011. I was worried about this limiting how many children I will have so I asked and he said he will only do 3 c sections and possible 4 but he said that is unlikely...so idk what I would do if I got pregnant more than 3 times. I am considering a vbac if I can find a dr. willing to perform one. My mom had me c section and my two little brothers completely natural. So it can be done. I would check into a vbac I know they are possible unless you just dont want to.

I went for a follow up to my emcs 3 weeks ago. My consulatant told me he would be willing to do up to 6 more if thats what i wanted. His words were "im probally prepared to do more csections than the amount of children you want". He did say this would be dependent on how the operations went but providing they were straight forward and the recovery was good thats how many he is willing to do. I was very suprised especially as i had such a bad emcs including a trip to HDU, a large blood transfusion and being ventilated to mention a few. I do think it is consultant/hospital dependent.

i would like to know too
LOL

I think the general advice is 3 ~ I had 3 with no real problems :thumbup:

I have just had my 4th & it was very tough, with a couple of complications :wacko:

It depends on the hospital here. Some will do 3, others 4. You could try vba2c if you wanted (unless there are medical reasons for your sections.)

I know someone who has had 5. She jokes that they have just put velcro there now!

I know somebody who has had 5 she has a lot of scar tissue though and said it takes them a long time to stitch her up

My cousin has had 4 and was told NO MORE. I have a friend who had 3 and nearly died on the last baby due to severe blood loss. I think it depends on most doctors but from other CS moms, I've heard 4 is the max.

I know someone who has had 6, but it depends on the surgeon & woman.

I've had 2 & was told to leave it at least 2 years before having another baby. If you have another, ask after theatre about the scar tissue.

I don't see how they can refuse a section for a woman who needed one, what would they do, refuse her?:wacko:

If you want many children you can always go VBAC.

I was told by my original OB that he does not like to perform more than two because of the rise in complications during pregnancy and delivery. I am trying very hard for a VBAC this time because I would like more than two children and I have already been told that if for some reason I would need a section again (which is not likely) Two will have to be it for me at least in a biological sense.

Different doctors have different limits and the same with women. I know a women who is trying to become pregnant again and if successful she will be having her fourth section. She also has to visit a high risk clinic so they probably have different limits as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->