Is there anything I can take for sleeping?

Caiti

Reaction score
I'm sleeping so bad at the moment, I wake up every hour for like 2 minutes, then drift back off to sleep. By the time it gets to 6am, I need a wee, then because I've stayed up too long, I start feeling sick where I need to eat, so I grab some biccies and end up staying up for the rest of the day :/

Just wondering if there were any sleeping remedies I could take? I had some herbal tablets but it says not to take whilst pregnant :( I'd just like more than a few hours sleep :cry:

I don't know of any but I'd like to know as well....sleep mostly eludes me too..

Im having the same problem so i went to my doctor yesterday and she said unfortunately there is nothing safe to take in pregnancy as any sleeping tablets we take will also make our babies drowsy as well!! Ive just been trying to have a nap or just a rest for half an hour during the day, not eating or drinking anything after 8pm, going to bed around 10-11pm and reading a book till i feel drowsy enough to drop off!! Im still having to pee around 5 times a night but i seem to be sleeping a lot better!!
xxxxxxxxxx

I was given Phenogran for neausea and a side effect is it makes your drowsy. I haven't had much morning sickness the past couple of weeks but have continued to take the dose right before bed, and it helps me sleep though the night. I talked to my OB about it last week at my prenatal appointment, and he advised me for now, I can continue to take it for the purpose of helping me sleep, though later on I shouldnt take it.

Hope this helps.

I use a lavender mist on my pillow. Don't use too much and you can't bathe in it, but if you put two or three drops in some water in a spray bottle and squirt your pillow before bed, it does help you drop off.

Or the Avon does a bed and linen spray in lavender and chamomile, which works too. Lavender can cause uterine contractions if you use too much or put it in your bath, but I asked the Doctor and they said spraying your pillow with diluted stuff was fine. But always ask your MW or doc if you aren't sure!

I also find listening to natural world cds help relax me, just don't use anything with water or you'll be up every half hour for the loo!

Hope you get a good nights sleep soon. xxx

I have a natural sounds device that I love, but hubby cannot fall asleep without the TV on - maddening! lol.

I, too, am having issues sleeping. Will mention it at my appointment on the 28 but meanwhile, just trying to find ideas on how to lure myself to sleep. Read a warm cup of milk before bed can help. Maybe will try that tonight.

At the risk of sounding like my granny, i dont think you can beat a milky horlicks!! Knocks me out all night!! x x x

Thought I was the only one with sleeping problems. The lavender mist mentioned above is a great idea.

I use Rescue Remedy Sleep - not much of it, but it's natural and MW said was ok xx

I haven't tried this myself as luckily I have not had ms, but I read one thing they prescribe for ms is Unisom, which is a sleeping pill. Always check with your doc, though.

Ambien is Cat C, and when they did the tests in rats it did show birth defects. I looked into this because I usually take it to sleep....

At the risk of sounding like my granny, i dont think you can beat a milky horlicks!! Knocks me out all night!! x x x

haha i used to have horlicks when i was younger if i was sleeping over at my grandmas :)
i brought some the other day it does help,or i just have a mug of warm milk or hot chocolate.

I also have horrible ms and my doctor said unisom or benadryl before bed can help...which also makes you sleep.

The Phenergan or Zofran, should make you drowsy. How about trying to read a book that you don't have much interest in, that usually puts me to sleep.

My doctor said benedryl for occasional insomnia is ok. Last pregnancy I occasionally took 1/2 pill to sleep.

Tylenol pm has Acetominophen and Benadryl and is safe but should really only b taken occasionally.
And the reading a boring book is a good idea or what always works for me is praying...puts me to sleep every time! Lol. That sounds bad but I know God understands :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->