Is there life after death?

Eve

Reaction score
I want to belive in the after-life, I really do, and maybe I do a little... I don't know. I thought after the loss of my son I would have more faith but I don't. I say I do with things to comfort others, but I can't really say if I do, or don't. If there is a god, and heaven, why did he take my son from me? Did I need this "life lesson" honestly? Then again, I do thank Kaleb for giving us our baby girl... is that faith? I found out I was pregnant on mother's day (symbolic to me) and we weren't trying, but we only using the "no hanky panky" method duing my week of OV, and well, I OV'd early and here came Kayleigh... it's like it was meant to be. I really want to believe but I don't think I do...

I don't even know if that made sense to anyone!

What are your thoughts?

I have no idea about life after death all I know is I hope there is and I have to have faith that there is otherwise the alternative isnt worth thinking about.

I am sorry you have had this lose in your life, I do believe though that sometime your heart has to break to allow more love into it

I want to have faith, and I think a small part of me does... but I wish I could feel better about it all, if that makes sense...?

I think the fact that you even said yourself that you thank him for giving you your little girl means you do have some kind of faith.
I dont mean to upset by this but no one can say for sure if you would have had your little girl if what happend hadnt of.
Thats what I mean by sometime our heart has to break to let another love in, maybe he wasnt ready for this world but knew of another little soul that was and wanted and needed a mummy.
He will always live on in your little girl and that is true life after death

That really made me feel a little better about things :) Because truth is, she wouldn't be here if Kaleb were, as I had an order to have my tubes tied after he was born. Thankfully after his delivery they knew things were bad, and I wasn't concious to make any decisions so they didn't tie them... too much bleeding as it was. I just wish I felt the comfort people talk about. I don't feel him around me... I talk to him, but I don't feel like he can hear me :(
You didn't upset btw, it's nice to hear other views on things. :flower:

i sincerly hope so. otherwise iv been making a fool of myself all these years talking to my dead dog!..I believe she can hear me. i truley do.
:hugs:

don't believe in a heaven or hell. would be nice to think a 'soul' or something similar being there. I get comfort chatting to my dear dads photo though

I'm a total atheist, in that I am very against all organised religion and do not believe in a deity in any way.. but i DO believe in the afterlife!

I hope so... I want to feel it though... ykwim?

I'm a total cynic ... and, although I have a religious faith I've always been more than a bit on the fence about the whole life after death thing :shrug:

BUT ... my job has changed that to a large extent - I've had some really odd things happen with lights dimming and temperatures changing while talking to families of the deceased and while preparing the deceased for visits from their families .... things that never happen while I'm just doing paperwork or pottering around work.

At first I just dismissed it as dodgy electrics or my imagination but when it happens again and again at certain times and other people comment on the fact that a room has suddenly got cold at the same time I feel it - and the lights never flicker normally - then you have to start accepting that some things are beyond our understanding :flower:

Im a Christian so I do believe in life after death, as taught by the Bible

I am an aetheist and so I don't believe in life after death. I am happy to live the life I have now and prefer the thought that when we are gone we are gone.

It makes me uneasy to think that Kaleb is just gone...

But the memory of him isnt, as long as you still have that then no one is ever gone

True :) Thanks! :hugs: I feel as though a part of him lives in his sister... I remember talking with my father one day and the personality I explained I felt in Kaleb while holding him, was Kayleigh.

But the memory of him isnt, as long as you still have that then no one is ever gone

True :) Thanks! :hugs: I feel as though a part of him lives in his sister... I remember talking with my father one day and the personality I explained I felt in Kaleb while holding him, was Kayleigh.

I'm a rainbow baby myself and I have always felt that my sister is very much a part of me :hugs::hugs:

I recently found out I was as well but my family never realy talk about such things so I have no idea about the detailes

Concidering the reason why the OP asked the question I think a little tact may be called for

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->