Is there really such thing as NTNP?

porkypig

Reaction score
I say this as im going to stop bcps at the end of this month and the plan is not to ttc til the summer (August) but I know that when I come off the pill, i'll start looking at signs and symptoms. Is anyone with me on this or do people actually not think about it until they miss that period? I cant see me being laid back tbh:blush:

Lol, I'm NTNP and I've not been laid back at all! I think if I get AF this time I'll adopt a more relaxed attitude next cycle.

I guess I just prefer the term NTNP because its more relaxed. I was TTC before and I used clomid, OPK and cycle control to TTC and it's just a hassle! lol...

i think the term ntnp is just a way to make us feel more relaxed about the whole thing i mean i have heard so many stories about stress preventing pregnancy and as soon as they stop trying so hard it happens for them so i thought i would take that route and personally i wont be charting my ovulation days and what not

good luck to all

I used to think the term 'NTNP' was a bit silly actually, I was a bit like, if you're not using contraception knowing you might get pregnant, you are TTC.
However, I say we are NTNP now, because we're not using contraception, but I have no idea about my cycle / fertile days etc and we're not making a special effort to DTD loads :)

my oh prefers to think we're ntnp because he wants to wait a while to try but he knows fine well I'm ttc

I would say I am genuinely NTNP. We do not track ovulation, we do not DTD any more than we did before and I am still BF'ing DS and am not having periods at the moment but at the same time I could ovulate at any moment. I am having cramps so maybe I am about to have a vist from AF, although it feel a lot like the stretching I had the 3 weeks before I got my BFP when pregnant with DS and I am also really bloated (which I only get while pregnant before). :shrug: Although, I do believe the BFN I just got.

I personally think that most people here are TTC in my opinion. I never charted and DTD every 1-2 days when TCC and it happens in the first month each of the 3 times, I just do not think that not using ovulation sticks meant I was NTNP rather than TCC. It seems like a term no one agrees on.

When I was TTC my second, I was paying attention to my cycles and actively trying to DTD when I thought I was ovulating. This time around I am paying attention to my cycles specifically so that if we get to the point of TTC again then I am ahead of the game. I know when I am about to ovulate but I do not insist on us having sex that day or anywhere around it. For instance, I am going to be ovulating in the next few days as I have EWCM and my cervix is high/soft. However, if we don't have sex in the next few days that is perfectly fine by me. Therefore, in my mind I am NTNP. I think there is such a thing as NTNP but the boundaries surrounding it are different for each person. Basically, settle on your own definition of NTNP and go with it. Whatever relaxed approach you want to take is the right one.

I agree with Omi... I think a lot of people on here are probably trying, even if it's only a little bit. I confess that I wanted to DTD more when I was Ov'ing, but I never forced the issue, and if either of us were tired then it didn't bother me to miss a few days or whatever.

I think if you try to time sex to any degree (and that includes DTD every couple of days to hit ovulation) then really, you are TTC... however... the TTC board tends to focus on hardcore charting, timing, clomid, Ov tests, positions and is quite high stress so I think of NTNP as I much gentler place to be (even if I did chart a little bit :wink: )

X

I like to think NTNP is an easy way to not think so hard about trying to get pregnant. When you try so hard each month and it fails it starts to get to you. After my second MC, I tried and tried.. It finally got to me and I just couldn't take it anymore. It stressed me out to the point my periods became irregular. So I stopped. Here I am 2yrs later. TTC for 2 months and just recently decided to NTNP.. I don't want to stress myself out and loose my regular cycles again. So im going to hope for the best and have fun NTNP :thumbup:

I think it makes things even harder when a woman has been on birth control pills cuz they mess with her periods and everything. Its hard enough discerning pregnancy already lol

I think it makes things even harder when a woman has been on birth control pills cuz they mess with her periods and everything. Its hard enough discerning pregnancy already lol

I agree. When I was younger(not that im still not young) I was on the Depo shot for 4 years. I never had a period. And when i got off of it.. It took me a little over 2 years to get my period back.. I will never go on BC again.:nope:

yeah? I believe it! I've never been on the pill and never will be. I want as many kids as God knows we can handle! I trust Him more than a man made device :)

I think I got lucky with the Depo because I was on it for 6 years. I think I got my last shot in Mayish 2008 and started my period October 2008 but then got a Mirena IUD in February 2009. Didn't have a period for a year and then started having appx 30 days cycles still with the IUD. Had it removed 3/4/11 and started my period 3/15/11.

Fingers crossed I get a BFP soon though!

I think I got lucky with the Depo because I was on it for 6 years. I think I got my last shot in Mayish 2008 and started my period October 2008 but then got a Mirena IUD in February 2009. Didn't have a period for a year and then started having appx 30 days cycles still with the IUD. Had it removed 3/4/11 and started my period 3/15/11.

Fingers crossed I get a BFP soon though!

wow no period for a whole year? thats insane haha

wow no period for a whole year? thats insane haha

I think most people don't have a period at all while with an IUD. I didn't have one the entire six years I was on Depo but that's normal as well. I was quite upset when I started having cycles with the IUD actually! I hadn't had periods for almost 7 seven years at that point except for the one cycle between the Depo and IUD!

I used Mirena coils for my BC for 10 yeas before stopping BC in early 2009 - no periods for the whole 10 years. I then had a Mirena refitted in Nov 2009 and again no periods till it was removed in March this year -both times my periods were back within a month.

I do think the definition of NTNP varies with each person. I'm not charting or using OPKs and DH & I haven't changed the frequency of BD; but I am paying attention to CM, moods & I am making changes to a have a healthier diet & increase my exercise so in my mind I'm NTNP but I know to others I'm possibly classed as TTC.

I don't feel I fit the main TTC section as I find it a bit intense and also I find much of it confusing :blush: Also if I was mainly posting in that section I think I would end up charting & using OPKs which I know would cause me to be obsessed & stressed.

arent you guys worried how birth control pills could affect your bodies? I mean as women giving birth is a natural and feminine thing..taking pills could be so harmful to the reproductive cycle of a woman and possibly to her babies when she gets off them.

I wonder if that could possibly trigger miscarriages btw..it messed with your reproductive system, its possible

I can't comment on any other type of birth control as I've only used condoms and the Mirena coil but I did so much research (including reading medical journals) on it before I had it fitted and yearly since it was first fitted and I if I found anything that would indicate there was long term issues with using it then I wouldn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->