Is there really such thing as NTNP?

Most birth control is just replacing a hormone that occurs naturally in our body any way and there is no evidence anywhere that they cause any problems with miscarriages, birth defects or problems conceiving apart from the few following anovulatory cycles.

I'm not sure it's a nice thing to say that women on here who have been on birth control could have put their future child or fertility at risk or increased their chance of miscarriage in some way when it's unfounded. :(

I respect your beliefs but I think there's a time and place for expressing them.

Unfortunately, M/C's are common but they have nothing to do with B/C. I was never on it, was/am healthy and did all the right things in pregnancy and it did not stop me from having two MMC's (and pregnancy related bad health the third time with DS).

Unfortunately, M/C's are common but they have nothing to do with B/C. I was never on it, was/am healthy and did all the right things in pregnancy and it did not stop me from having two MMC's (and pregnancy related bad health the third time with DS).

So sorry to hear about your loses :hugs:

It is ok (not ok, but you know) it was a few years ago now and I feel really different about them now my son is here. It is like I have the right baby at the right time, if that makes sense?

Im just saying the safest thing for you and your baby is to stay off of them

Sorry, but im confused, what are you going on about?? As soon as you come off of bc, your fertility is supposed to go back to normal as the hormones are flushed out of your body within a couple of days. Having miscarriages has nothing to do with taking bcs; I know people who were on NOTHING, got pregnant but sadly miscarried.

Ok you really have offended me now!

If you have never taken any form of birth control then I assume you have never researched them so please don't make comments which can cause a woman more worries when she is TTC or NTNP!

Also to say stay off BC is the safest thing to me comes across as judgemental!

There are many reasons why women take birth control and no one should ever have to feel judge for her reasons or to explain them!

Please could you just agree to differ you don't want to use BC ever in your life then fair enough but please please stop making comments which can upset and offend those women who in their lives have used BC.

I agree with Omi... I think a lot of people on here are probably trying, even if it's only a little bit. I confess that I wanted to DTD more when I was Ov'ing, but I never forced the issue, and if either of us were tired then it didn't bother me to miss a few days or whatever.

I think if you try to time sex to any degree (and that includes DTD every couple of days to hit ovulation) then really, you are TTC... however... the TTC board tends to focus on hardcore charting, timing, clomid, Ov tests, positions and is quite high stress so I think of NTNP as I much gentler place to be (even if I did chart a little bit :wink: )

X

This is my situation too, I am definitely TTC a little bit - and I am temperature charting because I actually find for me that it keeps me more relaxed rather than not knowing what my body is doing and wondering all the time if I could be pregnant. I would try to BD if I think I might be ovulating soon but I wouldn't force it and we haven't increased the frequency of BD, just doing it when it feels natural and the mood hits. So for me that is NTNP rather than TTC. We are having sex for the sake of it rather than just to make a baby.

Regarding the comments made by Yogurt on birth control - I also found your comments ill informed and quite offensive. As macwooly says there are all sorts of reasons for people to take birth control and sometimes hormonal birth control is recommended by medical professionals for health reasons. Why would this be the case if it wasn't safe?? I don't really want to get into the debate but it's not very nice to make sweeping generalisations that are not backed up by evidence.

This is my situation too, I am definitely TTC a little bit - and I am temperature charting because I actually find for me that it keeps me more relaxed rather than not knowing what my body is doing and wondering all the time if I could be pregnant. I would try to BD if I think I might be ovulating soon but I wouldn't force it and we haven't increased the frequency of BD, just doing it when it feels natural and the mood hits. So for me that is NTNP rather than TTC. We are having sex for the sake of it rather than just to make a baby.

I have wondered about doing BBT & charting but I just think due to my personality I may become obsessive about it. But that fact that it helps you take the guess work out of what your body is doing makes a lot of sense to me :thumbup:

I could end up bothering everyone though with 101 questions about charting if I started though :laugh2:

I could end up bothering everyone though with 101 questions about charting if I started though :laugh2:

I do not chart, never have, we always just DTD every 1-2 days when TTC and it worked the first month each time. But I think if I was to try and track ovulation I would just buy these (see below) and test each day. Or is that the cheats way of keeping track? Lol.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-OVULATION...althCare_RL&hash=item439fef945e#ht_1194wt_905

I have wondered about doing BBT & charting but I just think due to my personality I may become obsessive about it. But that fact that it helps you take the guess work out of what your body is doing makes a lot of sense to me :thumbup:

I also like the certainty of knowing whether I ovulated as that is something that I worry about otherwise. However I try to take quite a relaxed approach to charting - for example I'm not religious about taking temperature at the same time - just whenever I wake up. Although Thomas usually wakes me at pretty much the same time every morning anyway.

If you do decide to try charting I would be happy to try to help out with any questions. But if you think it's going to be another thing to obsess over then I wouldn't bother. Some people do get very obsessive about it, really scrutinizing each day's temperatures and wondering what it might mean if it's up a bit or down a bit. Whereas it generally doesn't mean anything if a single temperature is up or down. In my opinion charting is good for telling you that you have definitely ovulated (although it's not always possible to pinpoint the exact day) and it's good for giving you an idea of when to expect AF and therefore when to test. If my cycle was regular then I wouldn't bother but if I didn't chart I would have no idea if AF was late.

Thanks for that Polaris.

I'm not 100% that my cycle will be regular yet as it's the first month off BC and the first month NTNP/TTC but they have always been spot on 29 days before so fingers crossed they'll fall back normal.

Although at the moment whilst I desperately try not to symptom spot in the 2WW my DH thinks he is being help by symptom spotting for me ](*,) and according to him I'm getting a BFP this month :wacko: I think though I have finally got through to him how this doesn't help my obsessive side :dohh:

I am temperature charting because I actually find for me that it keeps me more relaxed rather than not knowing what my body is doing and wondering all the time if I could be pregnant.

This is exactly why I chose to start charting. I knew NOTHING about my cycles since I had gone on birth control within a couple years of starting a menstrual cycle (for health reasons!) and really want to know what's going on with my body now that I'm off of it. I find it very interesting and definitely calming/relaxing. I think if I weren't charting, I'd be completely obsessed with TTC and POAS daily, etc. OH doesn't 'get it' but at least he doesn't object to it anymore....

Do whatever is best for you and if you do decide to start charting, you know I'll be here to help answer your questions and analyze your chart! :) I found that on FertilityFriend.com there is a "Games" section which allows you to analyze charts (probably phony ones) to predict ovulation, etc. It's cool. :)

Now games is the way to get me involved :)

Thank you GOE and Polaris. Looking at stuff on B&B now I realise I was soooo stressed in 2009 charting and temping as I was doing it ALL wrong :dohh:

Last time I tried temping before I bought a CB monitor. I'd just cheat though by snuggling right down in my bed covers before I took my temp to try and get it up a bit LOL. Why? I have no friggin idea, what an idiot :haha:

lol, I do wonder how accurate the temping actually is simply because sometimes i sleep with the windows open, sometimes i dont. Or sometimes I have pajamas on and sometimes i don't. plus I am a super heavy sleeper and I know that sometimes I subconsciously roll over when I hear the alarm just to hit snooze and then remember i'm not supposed to roll over until after i've taken my temp. so the temps seem a little sporadic but they're better this month than last month so far at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->