Is this a good quote? Holiday. (Any reps)

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
We want to go abroad with my parents in October. It will be our first holiday abroad so not really sure what I'm doing ha!

Icelolly.com have quoted us this-

Hotel Saturno in Alcudia, Majorca
All inclusive
7 nights
Adults - £362pp
Children - £120pp

Is that good? :shrug:

It's not too bad I don't think but then again, I'm not the bargain holiday hunter like my OH is :lol: have you tried other sites to see if you can beat it? Google on the beach or even low cost holidays. Maybe Thomson cook & Thomson too as sometimes they still have free child spaces later on in the year

that sounds great to me!! Last time we went to an all inclusive in Crete we paid 3000 euros for 2 weeks!

Can I come with you? :haha::haha::haha:

I think that's a fab price, especially for all inclusive! Ice lolly don't usually include your baggage or airport transfers so be prepared to add some more on for that but even after that it'll still be an excellent price :)

Yes but have you checked reviews on tripadvisor?

Most low cost/DIY holidays come up just as expense as booking direct with a Travel Company once bags and transfers are added. If that quote includes them it's good, if not....depends on airline and Aludia isn't near the airport transport wise.

This is a good site, they search athe main holiday companies and include the extras in most cases.If you have Tesco Clubcard vouchers you can also get extra money off.

I've been looking to go away the same time but ruled out Majorca as the weather can be very hit and miss. Also, this hotel and the Bellevue are ones I'd give a wide berth in that resort.

Thank you.

Popped into a travel agents this morning and they could only do it for £525 but kids go free. She explained that we would be insured with them and if anything were to go wrong with the flight etc they would get us another as soon as possible whereas a company like icelolly wouldn't. She then checked the same holiday we want for next week and it came up at £225 each kids go free! So she advised us to wait a couple of weeks before and then book, but now were considering going in 2 weeks at that price lol!

Yes but have you checked reviews on tripadvisor?

What Blah said. I looked at the Saturno and didn't think the reviews were brilliant, but they were alright and I think that is a good price. There is a waterpark there yes? First choice go there and their price is All Inclusive and includes unlimited entry to the waterpark and transfers, but probably for more money than you have been quoted.

Don't forget to get insurance (you can either buy from who you book with or go to an independent company like Columbus Direct etc) and also to order a free EHIC card for each family member:
https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

Have you already got your passports?

As stupid as this sounds does it include luggage costs? Any check in fees? Transfers from the airport t the hotel? Then back? They are very sneaky.

I personally would be too scared to book on my own lol. I'd only book through an agent xx

As others said, check the full price with icelolly. Usually baggage is another £40pp (I have seen it for £80pp on some websites), airport taxes add a lot on too.

For holiday insurance, check your bank account. I get family insurance with Barclays (I pay a monthly fee for my bank account, includes breakdown cover, phone insurance etc).

I also looked at that hotel through First Choice but didn't like the reviews.

Have a look on TravelZoo for holidays. You can pick up some fab holidays on there.

We have a travel agent in our village so we are going with them, she said she could get us there for £225pp in 2 weeks.

We have sending off for dd and my passport tomorrow then when they come back I know it can take a while we are going back to see what last minute deals she has.

I will look at reviews for hotel as well, they are on Facebook and a few people have said it was brilliant but will check other online sites as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->