Is this a Positive Opk day b/f period?????

Girlies3

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just started charting using opk's this month, although I have always tracked my cycles. I had a strong positive opk on cd 10, and a strong negative on cd 13. I read that opk's can sometimes detect hcg, so for fun I decided to test today using an opk. Af is due tomorrow, I have never had a positive hcg test before my af is due so I will wait until tomorrow to take one and post the result.
Take a look and let me know what you think! :) :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 36
That doesn't look quite positive but mine progressed from light to very dark over a few days when they started picking up hcg. I thought I was ovulating late because I missed my surge. Have you confirmed ovulation? if they keep getting darker and stay strong positive it's likely they're picking up hcg. Good luck

Thanks ichigomewmew, yes. I had strong positive on cd 10 that was darker than the test line, and a negative (no line) a few days later. Any idea why I would have a line now?

The opks just show a surge but can't confirm that it caused an egg to be released, if it goes dark positive and AF doesn't show up it's likely to be picking up hcg. Have you tried a FRER?

My first thought is possible pregnancy??

I used a dollar store fmu test this morning, it was negative. Af is due today. I will do another opk later today, and pick up a proper hcg test later. If the opk is darker today, do you think it could be detecting hcg? Is it possible for opk to detect hcg before an fmu? So confused.

I'm not sure. I did an fmu this morning, it was negative. But it was a drug store cheapie, and I'm not certain how sensitive it is. I will test with the opk again today to see if it is darker than yesterday. I will pick up a proper fmu today and test tomorrow. I'm so confused. Lol

were you late for af when testing with your opk's, or did you get your bfp before af was due?

I was so sure that I was ovulating late because my cycles were getting longer that I was over a week late when i tested. What I thought was the start of an aborted surge due to illness aroujd cd 13 was actually the end of my surge. I actually ovulated at the 'normal' time for the first time in over 6 months. Was usually cd20-25

i dipped an frer after yet another strong positive opk, afternoon urine and the test line came up instantly. Control didnt show for about 5-10 seconds i thought it was faulty. O think an frer will be best if the opk test line isnt super dark yet. Dont think my opks were properly positive until at least a couple of days after AF was due

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->