• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this discrimination or fare enough?

But it's NOT RIGHT and illegal to discriminate against some one because of their sexuality.

They singled one person out. It wasn't a group of "gays" it was a hens do. It wasn't even for that guy.

So stupid someone's sexuality doesn't make them some kind of preditor to be uncomfortable around.

It's like when we were hiring a Santa for one if my DDs groups and someone had an objection because he was gay. Did I organise a new Santa. No I told them to stfu or not come to the event because their "concerns" abd reason on why we should cancel his contract were unjustifiable and ILLEGAL . :nope:

But Santa and the kids weren't getting naked so its not quite the same thing, In that instance absolutely you did the right thing I am totally against discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation to be clear. However in a sex based industry its more complicated than that.

And when it comes down to either employee rights not to feel sexually harassed at work or a customers right to view whatever he wants too then I'm afraid the business would be more at risk for breaching the employees rights.

Im totally not saying anything is wrong with this guy wanting to go see the show but it does boil down to what the stripper wants to do. Just because someone wants to hire him doesn't mean he needs to accept a job. Woul.d be the same if a builder didn't accept a job because he didn't like the request being made of him. Totally his right to not accept the job.

And to give aother side imagine your at work and there is a guy, nice enough, normal guy. But he like to stare at your chest. And you know hes doing it. He doesn't make any comments just obviously stares. Would you be uncomfortable? Would you do anything about it? Hes not doing anything wrong just looking in a direction you don't like. But if it makes you uncomfortable in your place of work you would be within your rights to have your boss speak to him about it. You are legally granted the right of not being made sexually uncomfortable at work.

This guy doenst mind getting naked in front of women. He does mind getting naked in front of gay men. Yes its a bit homophobic but if that is how he feels then you cant change that.

Problem is these would be very valid points if it was one individual saying he didnt want to dance for a male audiance but thats not the case. Its not the stripper thats said no but rather the company.
They have put a blanket ban on providing service if there is a gay man in the party.
I dont think you can compare a guy staring at a womans chest in a normal work place either, that woman isnt being paid ato take her top of and be stared at and willingly entered into a industry of being watched and have her chest stared at.

But it's NOT RIGHT and illegal to discriminate against some one because of their sexuality.

They singled one person out. It wasn't a group of "gays" it was a hens do. It wasn't even for that guy.

So stupid someone's sexuality doesn't make them some kind of preditor to be uncomfortable around.

It's like when we were hiring a Santa for one if my DDs groups and someone had an objection because he was gay. Did I organise a new Santa. No I told them to stfu or not come to the event because their "concerns" abd reason on why we should cancel his contract were unjustifiable and ILLEGAL . :nope:

But Santa and the kids weren't getting naked so its not quite the same thing, In that instance absolutely you did the right thing I am totally against discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation to be clear. However in a sex based industry its more complicated than that.

And when it comes down to either employee rights not to feel sexually harassed at work or a customers right to view whatever he wants too then I'm afraid the business would be more at risk for breaching the employees rights.

Im totally not saying anything is wrong with this guy wanting to go see the show but it does boil down to what the stripper wants to do. Just because someone wants to hire him doesn't mean he needs to accept a job. Woul.d be the same if a builder didn't accept a job because he didn't like the request being made of him. Totally his right to not accept the job.

And to give aother side imagine your at work and there is a guy, nice enough, normal guy. But he like to stare at your chest. And you know hes doing it. He doesn't make any comments just obviously stares. Would you be uncomfortable? Would you do anything about it? Hes not doing anything wrong just looking in a direction you don't like. But if it makes you uncomfortable in your place of work you would be within your rights to have your boss speak to him about it. You are legally granted the right of not being made sexually uncomfortable at work.

This guy doenst mind getting naked in front of women. He does mind getting naked in front of gay men. Yes its a bit homophobic but if that is how he feels then you cant change that.

Problem is these would be very valid points if it was one individual saying he didnt want to dance for a male audiance but thats not the case. Its not the stripper thats said no but rather the company.
They have put a blanket ban on providing service if there is a gay man in the party.
I dont think you can compare a guy staring at a womans chest in a normal work place either, that woman isnt being paid ato take her top of and be stared at and willingly entered into a industry of being watched and have her chest stared at.

But we cant know that the company didn't put this ban in place because the employees asked for it. And the comparison with the man/woman situation is valid because it is about unwanted attention in the workplace. The stripper signed up to dance for female audiences so being watched by a male in the audience would be unwanted attention. My point was just because he chooses to work in the stripper industry doesn't mean that his legal rights aren't as valid as someone elses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->