Is this even possible? I'm nuts.

kdmalk

Reaction score
I have heard that if you know what you are looking for, you can feel kicks by 14 weeks. Disclaimer: I DO NOT know what I am looking for :haha:

The craziest thing happened to me this morning. I got up and went pee and decided to lay back down for a few minutes. I rolled straight over to my right side and about 5 seconds later I felt the strangest little flutter low enough down that it could very likely have been in my uterus. It felt NOTHING like gas (and no gas ever followed), but it wouldn't even be possible for it to be baby, right?

I have never felt anything like it in my life. I am wondering if by virtue of happening to lay with my right side down, if baby happened to already be floating around over there and gravity decided to drop baby down as close to the wall of the uterus as possible and baby happened to move right when it was against the wall and I happened to feel it????? It was absolutely the strangest feeling, so that is why I am even asking (even though I feel crazy). the closest way I can describe it is like when you are standing in water and a fish bumps your leg? Like a wiggle. Only obviously on the inside of my body. Lol. That makes no sense at all.

Someone just tell me I am being crazy. :dohh:

Like you I had no idea what I was feeling for with my first but with my second I was more "in tune" with my body and felt the slightest of baby movements at 12/13 weeks. Since you are almost there, it is highly possible that you are feeling tiny baby movements. :) They feel exactly the way you described!

I felt a few flutters like that in week 14, and this is my first pregnancy. It felt like butterflies, but not the regular butterflies in your stomach feeling you get. It seemed like it was right underneath my skin.

Week 16 I started feeling kicks. At first I thought they were just muscle twitches, so I waited several days to see if they continued. They did. Baby has kicked several times since I started writing this post!

I had the same feeling as Prettybirdy27, when I was about 14 weeks with my daughter (first pregnancy) I felt this strange sensation when I was laying down to go to bed. It felt like little butterfly wings were slapping against my belly just under my skin. I thought it might be kicks, but thought it was way too early, especially being my first pregnancy and not being super tiny. But I ended up going in for an appointment a week later and felt the same sensation and the tech said the baby was kicking, so I knew for sure then that that was what the feeling was. Another week or two passed and it got stronger and felt like someone was gently flicking me inside of my stomach rather than the butterfly feeling.

I have two close friends that are pregnant. I think both thought I was crazy when I told my story. lol.

It's not something I think will happen again... I think it was just pure chance. Guess I will never know for sure!

Wen i 1st eva felt anythink was like a butterfly fluttering inside of me was defd9 my lil girl cant wait to start feeling this bubba

I say it was!!!!

(I have no personal experience whatsoever, lol) But still. I mean... that's what it SOUNDS like.

I say go with it! Why not? When things "are and aren't" supposed to happen is UNDOUBTABLY different for everyone. I've heard there are people who don't feel it until very late. So it stands to reason that there are people who feel it very early.

The baby KICKED!!!! :-DDDDDDD

Definitely could be! You'll know when you start feeling them more regular for sure. I felt my oldest at 17 weeks, and my youngest at 17 weeks. Was hoping for earlier with number 2 but it didn't happen lol. Maybe number 3... :p

I felt first movement around 16 weeks with my 1st and 12 weeks with my second. Baby is moving around in there so totally possible! I think the early movements feel a little bit like when you get a twitch in your eye - but obviously in your tummy instead!

I am on number 4 and people still think they know better..... I felt this one moving by week 10!

Oh, no, you're not nuts! I felt all of my babies early! My first, not until 16 weeks but much earlier with my other two. Enjoy it!!! But also, expect it to come and go and don't worry if you don't feel it much in these earlier weeks!

Oh, no, you're not nuts! I felt all of my babies early! My first, not until 16 weeks but much earlier with my other two. Enjoy it!!! But also, expect it to come and go and don't worry if you don't feel it much in these earlier weeks!

Good point! You won't feel consistently til much later and kick counts at this stage don't count :p So exciting :)

Thanks for all the positive responses. Hoping to start feeling some more movement in the next couple weeks and then I will compare. I feel a lot less crazy now though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->