is this good to try cloth nappies???

Shazzy-babee

mummy
Reaction score
https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/BNTK

i wanna have a go ive been looking at lots of sites

is this a good deal for a starter???

if you get april's mother and baby magazine, there's a voucher in the back to send off for a free little lamb nappy !

the bamboo one is the one i'd recommend though. i have the size 1 which gives a weight range of 7-20lb, my baby is almost 10lb but i find them quite small - i'm not sure if the size 2 would be best for you, someone else might know

x

i was looking to get size 2, shaya is 14lb 13oz (last thursday)

so this is a silly question :blush: do they come with instructions :blush: lol

i can't remember to be honest. with them being bamboo i'd pre-wash them a couple of times as it takes quite a few washes till they are more absorbant - make sure you change them more frequently at first till the absorbancy is up.

when i was my nappies i do a pre wash with a teaspoon of ariel bio, then a 40 degree (occasionally 60) wash with a tablespoon of ariel bio then an extra rinse. i tumble them on low for a bit then hang them to dry (the bamboo takes a long time to dry!)

make sure you stick the velcro tabs down before you wash :)

Welcome to the world of cloth nappies - there are loads out there to try, starting with trial kits or pre-loved is a fab way of working out what you like and don't like.

Cloth nappy tree has a classifieds board where you can try nappies out cheaply.
please be in mind not every nappy will suit you and your baby so don't be discouraged if your first try doesn't work well. Try another - you'll easily become addicted! :)

I second what littlestar said. I had a few little lambs when Leyla was born and used them a few times then sold them as I HATED them. I've recently tried them again and apart from being boring colours, I really like them! If you can get hold of the voucher for a free nappy, I'd do that, but it's still worth buying one if not as they're really nice.

Yea am not keen on LL's either but just because they're so bulky i had no problems with absorbancy ect. I didn't click on link but do becareful comitting to starter packs until you know that nappies right for you. Although it works out a little dearer it can save you money in the long run. Also have you checked whther your local council run any kind of incentive scheme for using real nappies? Some give £30+ vouchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->