• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is this it already?

mum2be257

Reaction score
I am 30+3. Yesterday i went in to be monitored as been having cramps regularly and back cache, pressure. Felt sick this morning. They said i didn't appear to be in labour but it just does not feel right. Was your premature labour different, slower to truck labour? X

I had period pains basically - but on five minute intervals... so went in to be checked, and while their trace machine deemed I wasn't in labour, swabs showed I was leaking amniotic fluid - so got the first shot of steroids and was kept in for the follow-up shot.

Pain got worse - because of leaky waters they wouldn't examine me, fobbed me off with two paracetamol and shoved me on a ward... trace machine still deemed me not in labour officially... lots of waiting around - pressure like I needed to poo (she was back-to-back, having spun around to decide to make things as difficult as possible - little oik!), so sitting on the loo, about 20 hours after I'd gone in there - pop-woosh waters went completely... at that point they WOULD check me again and found I was 8cm dilated.

Cue a massive trolley rush back down to the labour ward (the midwives and ward staff were pushing, they didn't even wait for porters... I got bounced off every corridor wall as none of them could push in a straight line) - and FINALLY some gas and air! Until my waters completely went, rather than the slow puncture I had had - no one deemed me "in labour" as such at all!

Same, monitor said not in labour, said that last time too but you know your own body better than anyone? Cramps were every 20 mins all day yesterday and today got that i need a poo feeling x

Both my labours were much the same, 27 weeks and 40 weeks. X

I arrived at hospital the first time telling them I just had really bad period pains and not aware they were contractions even though they were pretty severe and very regular (2 minutes apart), my waters didn't break until just before delivery.
Second time was much the same at first, although more painful as he was head down rather than feet down, but when my waters broke he went transverse lie at which point I stopped feeling any pain even though the monitors were picking up contractions.

I had period-like pains at 28.3 weeks for a day before I realized I needed to go in and get checked. They tried stopping my labor for 3 days, but failed. Once the contractions came back, I was dilated to 10 cm within an hour.

I went into labor with my second at 35 weeks and had him in less than 5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->