Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by shaunanicole, Dec 16, 2009.

1. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

I bumped Ava up an ounce in her feeding. Since I have done so she has been sleeping a lot during the day and night. She will sleep for a good solid 4 hrs and wake to eat and fall back into a slumber. She went from being awake 5-6 hrs a day to maybe 3-4 hrs.

I keep checking her temp but no fever and she is pooing 2-3 times daily everyday. Is it normal for her to be sleeping so much since I boosted her feeding intake?

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

She might be going through a growth spurt, sometimes it seems like all they do is eat and sleep

3. RyleighsMommy

RyleighsMommy Mother of 1 and expecting

I agree...my LO did the same thing, she even started sleeping through the night right up to 12hrs, but it didnt last long.

4. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Hm, my LO slept nearly all day for her first 3 months, sometimes she'd get up for 1-2 hours but other times just get up for a feed and go back to sleep until it was time to eat again :dohh: There are a lot of growth spurts in the first couple of months, and if she seems healthy otherwise I would not worry too much.

5. Chaos

Chaos Mum to one =)

I bumped Autumn up to 6oz yesterday because she was demolishing 5. She really slept a lot too after that. She had 6oz at 7am, slept 930am till 12midday. Ate, slept till 4. Ate, slept til 8 and then went to bed for 11 hours! lol

Normally she sleeps anywhere between 10 and 12 hours a night and naps in the day 930 to 11 and 2 till 5.

I think its pretty normal, I just put it down to a growth spurt and taking extra energy to digest the extra milk. Kinda like us after a massive roast on a Sunday ;)