is this ovulation pain?

spicyorange

Reaction score
I'm cd10 cycle 1 off pill, negative OPKs since af on cd7.Creamy cm although it's increased today with my cervix higher. This afternoon I have backache in my general lower back like I would usually get around af, I also have tummy ache with almost a stitch like feeling just above my left hip. Is this ovulation pain or something else? I do suffer ibs so I get a lot of tummy aches but not usually with back pain, this feels like af type aches. If I'm ovulating then why no opk bfp?

Hi I would say its unlikely if you have been doing opks every day. My ov pain is normally a sharp pain below my hip line and slightly to one side followed by some dull cramps normally. But everyone is different and you will come to know the feeling- some people don't feel it though so don't be worried. How long are your cycles normally? I have a 25 day cycle and norm ov about cd12 so you could be a bit early. Keep going with the opks and dtd when you can :)

Don't know as this is my first month after 9yrs on the pill.

Hi spicy I'm also just off the pill, but today is CD42 for me. Early on in my cycle I thought I O'd based on EWCM moderate cramps and a little bit of spotting... but after CD30 came around and still no AF or BFP I started charting my temps and using OPK's. Just a few days ago I finally got a postive OPK with no significant signs of O, not to mention i had obky a little bit of sticky/creamy CM. Then, late that night I experienced the most painful type of cramping I've had since labor! My entire uterus felt sore and bruised and hurt to touch, bend, breathe, etc. I was woken up in the middle of the night with upper thigh pain with this cramping and backache, I couldn't move for 30 mins! My next OPK was back to negative the next morning and then my temp spiked. Had I not been testing multiple times a day, I would have missed the surge!

I am new to OPK's and charting, but have learned tons from the ladies here already! I think you should keep testing until you get a positive, and if you are not already, test at a least twice per day. The postive OPK means that your body is trying to release the egg, you can't really confirm that you've O'd unless you're charting temps as well. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->