Is this really such an awful name for a girl?

redlemonade

Reaction score
DH and I made the mistake of telling a couple of people (family) one of our choices for a girls name and the looks of disgust on their faces was pretty hurtful.

It's Indiana Rose.

I had worried that people might instantly think Indiana jones to be honest and it's not my first choice for a girls name, but it is DHs first choice.

I wish we'd never told anyone. We wouldn't have but they asked outright (which I think is kind of rude and personal) and it was out of our mouths before we had time to think.

What do you think? Nice name or not?

I think its lovley it doest matter what others think as long as you and hubby like it x

Thanks deltadawn! I just don't want people saying nasty things behind our backs though :(

I think it sounds beautiful. Don't worry what other people think, although I know where you are coming from because I have a girls name I love but know others won't like so I'm going to pretend we can't think of any!

Thanks chickensoup! Honestly it's not my first choice but my DH loves it and I felt so bad for him when people turned their noses up at it.

It's so unfair of people to make you second guess your choice for your baby! Your poor hubby.

I think its gorgeous!

I felt the same as you about not wanting people to say anything behind our backs but since we found out the gender I'm kinda not bothered, its our child! I dont like a lot of names people name their kids but it doesn't affect them that I dislike it! :)
Jus keep your name to yourself or people you trust til birth if peoples comments will put you off! X

That is a lovely name :) Goodness, people can be so negative! Don't listen to them, this is YOUR baby! :)

Thanks everyone! I do agree that it's a very pretty name :)
I think we'll just keep the names to ourselves from now on, I can't bear the negativity! I'd never ever consider doing that to anyone, even if I did think the name choice wasn't great. It is our decision at the end of the day. Thanks again :)

It's really pretty and really individual - let's face it, there won't be another Indiana Rose in her class. I think that's a very good thing.
Go with your heart. People will get used to it.
Xxx

Very pretty. People suck, just ignore them :) There are lots of guys totally uninterested in naming their babies, so it's nice that your so is so involved :)

Thanks guys! I do like the fact that its so individual and unusual. Perhaps that's what threw people off and why they turned their noses up!

Yes I agree, I think it's great that my hubby is so interested in picking out names. He's had this one in mind since we were ttc :haha:

I Think it looks really pretty on paper and I love Rose but i'm not keen on Indiana personally. however there will always be someone who doesn't like your name choice no matter what you pick. You can't please everyone so don't even try. This is your child If you are happy with it then don't let others put you off xx

One of my clients has a daughter named Indiana, and she's a teenager now. She goes by "Indy", and I think it's awesome and unexpected/unusual. Definitely not a common name around here, but can lend to interesting nicknames - India, Indy, Diana...

One of my friends is called Indya!

You probably would call her her full 'Indiana' all the time, you've loads of options for nicknames which I love with a name! Just go with your instinct!

Alibaba - you're right. There's always going to be someone who doesn't like the name we choose.

Mamaduke and Reno - thanks; I do love how its so unusual and we'd definitely shorten to Indy, which I think is really cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->