Is this really such an awful name for a girl?

I like it! It's unusual, but not weird. Kinda sounds like a movie star name, actually. And I agree with the people who said not to listen to negative comments about it. If you like it, tell everyone else to stuff it, lol!

Not my taste. But seriously...who cares. If you and OH are happy with then go for it.

Thanks everyone :) I like that its unusual but not weird too. I shouldn't care so much about what other people think lol!

I don't get the problem?? It's a beautiful name and it's your child so stuff 'em! Hugs xx

My SIL dealt with a similar situation. She and her husband came up with a name that the extended family put down. They went ahead with the name, and my MIL admitted that it was really hard to not like the name when it was attached to a sweet little newborn. My SIL told me that if we had a name that we didn't think everyone would like, to wait until we were introducing a baby because who's going to look at an infant and say "I don't like your name" ?

I hope you stick with the name (unless you find one you like better). I think it's different enough that there won't be another Indiana in her class, but normal enough that people will be able to spell it correctly and it's a flexible name that I could imagine fitting any profession. Plus it's pretty!

Thank you BunInTheBelly! That's good advice from your SIL! I don't think we'll be sharing this type of information out again ;)

Actually, this is DHs first pick (mine is Amelia) but thankfully we have some time before we have to decide. And maybe we'll have a boy and solve this problem anyway, lol! Thanks again :)

Lovely name and I didn't make the connection to Indiana Jones until I read the next line! My son has a relatively unusual name and a few I told while pregnant we're pretty rude about it. In hindsight I should have kept his name a secret but I went with the name I loved and it suits him so much x

I really like the name. We dealt with similar, even when my waters broke and I phoned my mum to let her know I was heading to hospital she said don't name the baby Sienna! It's not what you want to hear but if you change the name there will be another bunch of people that don't like it.

Thanks teal and Steph! Sorry to hear you both had to deal with rudeness too but good for you for sticking to your guns! I can't believe the rudeness of some people :shrug:

Just watch this amazing movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179121/
And we will also try not to share names, because we are not planning to follow the Greek tradition of giving the name of our parents to our kids and some people will get quite upset, I think, even though both me and DH are the "weird" ones in our families and people generally accept us the way we are.

Thanks coco, I'll have to check that movie out! Haha my DH are the weird ones in our families too ;) You know, I think they'd be more shocked if we chose a common name..! I hope your families will be accepting of the name you choose

I think its a beautiful name and it suits a baby, child, teen or woman. Great nicknames to be had too!

Don't listen to the nay-sayers, one thing I have learned in life is that you will never please everyone, no matter what the choice is (this covers everything, from the type of pet you have, your house, your wedding, you hair, your baby's name :haha:) If you love the name, use it!

Don't let people steal your joy!! It's your child and you can choose whatever name you like :) I think it's cute!

It's fabulous. And if people think 'Indiana Jones', then all the better in my opinion. Indiana Jones is awesome.

I got the same response from my friends and family... They can't stand our choice for a girls name! Or my first choice for a boys name... i've changed one choice but the other is staying! it's nobodies business but your own what you call your baby! At the end of the day its your choice and nobody elses! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->