Is this safe?

jenniferttc1

mommy of 1 baking #2
Reaction score
I workout quite a bit, and I know its okay to do what you did before pregnant. I use to run everyday, but now that its summer I just swim laps for an hour or two a day instead of running. Its been about a month since I ran, just wondering if you think its okay to start running again?

Yeah they say as long as you did it before your body will be used to it - just take it very easy xx

Thanks i was not sure since its been awhile. I wont go as intense I'll just keep it as a lite jog!

As long as you're not out of breath (baby not getting enough O2), then it's ok.

they say your heart rate should stay below 140 i think, so dont push yourself.

Running is quite high impact so may want to be a bit more careful, or check with your doctor, however the swimming should be fine.

Things like yoga, pilates etc are brilliant for pregnancy and labour, so something you could introduce later once you cant do some of the other things.

Also once you get further along make sure you are putting on weight, but i would keep it up as long as you can, you may find in a couple of weeks that the sickness will quick in and you wont be able to do as much as you did so enjoy it while you can x

Thanks ladies! Also wondering if light cramps every now and then are okay? They are not as strong as period cramps, but kinda feels like them just not as intense

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->