It all seems to spill back out!

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
Ack! I feel like it all leaks back out!! We inseminated today with a syringe - but it seems none stayed in! I had a pillow propped under my butt and kept my legs elevated in the air for 20 mins - but it still immediately poured out!! :growlmad:

Any advice???

Have you tried a Softcup? We used those when we were ttc#1 before we went the IUI route.

Ive heard about the soft cup thing helping with that. Really though, 20-30 minutes after insemination, the sperm that are going to make are already in the tubes or on their way there. So, anything that comes out after that is mostly dead anyway.

The sperm are well on their way by then and all that comes out is the semen fluid, not the sperm :)

No, it dribbled back out as soon as we squeezed it in with the syringe... like immediately. Not 20-30 mins later. Which defies gravity based on the position i was in!? :cry:

I think next cycle we will need to use a soft cup/instead cup to make sure it all stays in!

Hmmmm, maybe it wasn't injected far enough?

But yeah, I would suggest using a soft cup immediately and maybe propping yourself up a bit more as well (like 2-3 pillows) . And just relax! :) A little might come out right away, that sort of happens with traditional intercourse as well. But a large majority of it should be staying in there while you are lying down.

I'd also recommend softcups, we used them both times we conceived a successful pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->