• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

The suits we've chosen are really smart and matt prefered the matching waistcoat whereas I prefered the ivory one! Hehe I'll post a pic of the suit that matt wants on my journal :)

Things seem to be coming together very well! :happydance: That's wonderful. :mrgreen:

Great news about the registrar. Im starting to think i should give ours a ring. Havent booked anything yet oops

i prefer the second ivory one its lurvely :) xx

Great news on the registrar Emmy.

I prefer the ivory one but i'm sure they'd both look lovely :hugs:

The suits we've chosen are really smart and matt prefered the matching waistcoat whereas I prefered the ivory one! Hehe I'll post a pic of the suit that matt wants on my journal :)

I think the ivory one is more "weddingy" if you know what I mean! I think the matching suit and waistcoat looks more like a business suit. That's just my opinion tho :flower:

I'm sure he'll look smart whichever he ends up getting :thumbup:

I thought the ivory was more wedding-y as well :) I have a pic of the suits now, so I'll pop over to my journal in a min and post it! xx

:wohoo: my book arrived this morning :happydance:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modern-Gir...2680/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1305801450&sr=8-6

Can't wait to read it and get some tips :D

Let me know if it is anygood hun :) xx

Will do hun :thumbup:

Just seen an idea in one of my wedding magazines of giant lawn games like snakes and ladders etc :happydance:

Can I ask everyone something? :blush:

From the posts I've made, does it seem like the plans I'm making, that I'm trying to people please? Mum reckons that I'm worrying too much about other people and not focusing on myself and Chris as much as I should :wacko:

She says we should sod off abroad, get married over there and have a huge party when we come back. It feels like she's not all that bothered about it. I try and include her, ask her opinion, but she just mumbles at me :(

I don't want to get married abroad, I want to do it here in Wales at the venue that we've picked out. I want a summer party and to not have to worry about passports or sun cream etc until the honeymoon. I want to have my family and friends around me (which I wouldn't be able to have by going abroad).

I've just got a feeling it would be a whole different reaction from her if it was my brother marrying his gf :nope:

My mum is the same hun, my friends mum has been way more involved than my own mum, but I know that it's just the way she is!

If you want to get married in Wales, then you do that. A wedding with no family or friends around isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the day is still centered around your and your hubby to be, no matter how many people will be there. Just remember, they're all there for YOU (and DF :p), it's not some random party than anyone can turn up to!

Don't let you mum make you second guess any of the things you've chosen if they are what you were certain on before :) you'll only look back and think what if :hugs: xxx

:hugs: thanks hun ... it just had me doubting everything, wondering if in fact I was too focused on other people.

but the way I see it, is if I make some choices that will suit other people (like the extra choices on the buffet menu, possible lawn games for the children, amongst other things) then they'll be happier on the day, and in turn that will help me to feel relaxed and enjoy the day if that makes sense?

I was looking through some wedding dress designs and went "ugh" at one that I really didn't like, and apparently (according to mum) I'm being a drama queen :shrug:

I think you're entitled to be a drama queen when it comes to your wedding dress :)

And I agree with you about keeping your guests happy...if we're inviting them to come and celebrate with us, the least we can do is be good hosts! lol it wouldn't matter if they didnt like the decor or anything, but food/drink choices etc has to be to suit everyone :)

I think you're doing a great job :thumbup: :hugs: xxx

From what I have read, it seems like you are pretty focused on what you want for your special day but I know you are taking others into consideration too (like the disabled access and what time of day you get married etc). I think you have to find a balance between what you want for your big day and also making it enjoyable for your guests and you are doing exactly that!

OH and I briefly considered getting married abroad but our brothers and sisters all have young children (10 between them) and we knew it would be far too expensive for them all to come too so we decided to do it here. (I like to say I am settling but I am getting married in a fricking castle lol). I am glad we chose to do it here now, I couldn't imagine our family not being there!

You are doing a fab job Emmy, keep your chin up and keep up the planning!!

x

My Mom is very much trying to make my wedding hers. :( She's even called me a bridezilla because I didn't want to have my wedding at the same spot as my friend. It wasn't because I wanted to be different, I was more concerned with my friend feeling upset if I did the same venue iykwim? So yeah, a Bridezilla because I was concerned about my friends feelings. :shrug:

I haven't gotten at all that you're trying to people please from your posts! :shrug: And saying "ugh" to a dress doesn't make you a drama queen. There are some seriously FUGLY dresses out there! :haha: It'd be no different if you said "ugh" to a regular outfit you disliked!

When my Mom says things to me it really upsets me and makes me question everything, kinda sounds like you are the same. :hugs: The convoluted thing is that she's telling you to just go do what you want, when you are already doing what you want. :dohh:

I just don't get why she's so blase about it :shrug:

If I had chosen to get married abroad she wouldn't have been able to be there because she can't fly. But she's acting like it's such an inconvenience because I asked her what she would do with the dogs for a few hours and if she could arrange respite care for Ray (her ex partner, but who she lets live her because she feels sorry for him) :grr:

Yep you're right about questioning everything. It's like I don't trust my decision anymore :shrug:

And as for the dress, it most definitely was FUGLY :haha:

Do what pleases you hun :) This may sound a little mean (so I'm apologising in advance) but if she cares like she should, then she'll be there no matter how much of an inconvenienceit is, because her daughters wedding should be more important :hugs:

but on a nicer note, we all think you're doing brilliantly :) No one appreciates how hard planning a wedding actually is! lol

I really am sorry if the first part of my post was a little aggressive lol I can just sympathise cause my mum is very lax about the whole thing too! xx

Awww it wasn't aggressive at all hun, I totally understood what you were saying :thumbup:

She's really in one today, I've bore the brunt of her mood a few times today. Thankfully Chris isn't on night duty tonight so we can go home :happydance:

I've been looking at more bridesmaid dresses and I have to say I'm in love with this one :D Hope my bridesmaids like it as much as I do

https://www.aonel.com/a-line-v-neck...fon-bridesmaid-wedding-party-dress-w674w.html

That's lovely! I love that website :p

Haha I bet you'll be glad to get home :p my mum is like that with my sometimes...no one else around so everything gets taken out on me!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->