• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

:blush:

I'm attempting to do my hair tonight to see how easy it is lol

I know this sounds harsh but I wouldn't worry too much about what your mum says. My mum wasn't interested in the wedding at all and wasn't going to bother to come until the day before the wedding. Looooooooong story, so I won't bore you with the details but she didn't want everyone looking at her in the wheelchair (she's been in one for 5 years now) :grr:

Anyway, I just wanted to say sometimes it is absolutely nothing about you and all about them. It's very selfish and it hurts. I'd do what you want and ignore all the crap!

:hugs:

I've decided that I'm just going to leave her to it, she'll probably come round in her own time, and until then I'll keep schtum about it all ...

Attempted to do my hair ...

https://www.babyandbump.com/bride-b...ive-got-2-years-perfect-pic-overload-lol.html

Hehe you'll be able to perfect your hairstyle with practise... pretty good for a first try tho!
Mine's dead easy as it's short lol! Plenty of back combing and hairspray for my veil comb to stay in place for a few hours and I'm sorted :haha:

As for people pleasing.. I havent seen any of that in your journal so far hun. As far as I can make out, everything you've said so far is what YOU want. You ARE focusing on you and Chris, I really dont get why your mum would say that? :shrug: She's saying to sod off abroad and get married but that's not what YOU want! If you did that, THEN you would be people pleasing by pleasing your mum! I wouldnt worry about it hun, you carry on focusing on you and Chris, this is YOUR day, not anyone elses so ner! :p

(Sorry about the emphasing caps but they were needed ;))

That's ok hun I don't mind the caps :)

I'm thinking of getting the babyliss curling wand as my hair is a nightmare to curl with my ghds for some reason lol :dohh:

I have never been able to curl with GHD's. I end up getting one perfect curl and then a mass of frizz lol! I have got the Babyliss Curl and Press though and its fab!

x

Yeah I think I ended up with a mass of frizz too, espescially on the top, so hopefully the babyliss wand will help :thumbup:

You've got loads of time to perfect it Emmy and I'm sure that you will look fabulous on the day :)

I've never been able to curl hair with GHD's! I'll still to the curling irons :p (well not with this short hair! In the process of growing it out for the wedding!) xx

Have you thought of getting some heated rollers? My hairdresser mate did my trial with some and they're fab - never used them before now but they worked really well and am gonna get some as I reckon they'll be easier to use than tongs (easier to see when missing bits etc!)
You're really organised - am impressed! x

New stalker -waves- You have some great ideas I think your wedding is gonna be awesome! Did you decide on doing your own hair? I think I might have mine done...I only have 12 weeks and my hair is crappy so i am kinda freaking out about that right now.

Yeah we've decided that I'm going to do my own hair and make up with the help of my bridesmaid and moh. We're doing everything on such a tight budget so we're saving money as and where we can :thumbup:

Have you thought of getting some heated rollers? My hairdresser mate did my trial with some and they're fab - never used them before now but they worked really well and am gonna get some as I reckon they'll be easier to use than tongs (easier to see when missing bits etc!)
You're really organised - am impressed! x

I've wanted one of those curling wands for a while so am still going to get them. I'll have help to do my hair as my bridesmaid is going to be helping me so she'll probably curl it all for me and then help me to tie / grip it all up :thumbup: But I do think we've got a set of heated rollers somewhere in the house so might try them if my bridesmaid annoys me :rofl:

Hey Emmy. I wouldn't say you are a 'people pleaser' but I do know that if others are happy around you then you will be happy - that's how I was when I was planning my big day.
Maybe your mum is being blase about it all because she's sad to be 'losing' you. They say you take it out most on those closest to you (I certainly do with DH) and it sounds like she could be doing that with you. Maybe talking to her about the wedding makes her sad because her little girl is growing up?
You need to do what you want and what makes you happy - and if that is making sure your guests have a good time then so be it. Lawn games is a great idea, but I think you'll find that if you get Jenga that the adults will join in too, esp if it's out late and there are a few beers in people's hands!!! That happened at two summer weddings I went to - great laugh!
And you are not a drama queen for saying 'urgh' to a dress - you're the one who has to wear it all day after all so you goota like it!
OMG that last bridesmaid dress is AMAZING!!!! I love it and it would look beautiful is a summery yellow colour!
And you've got lovely shiney hair - love the photos! Are you going to wear a tiara? The only think I wold say is it would look great with a little bit of height (either hair or a tiara/flowers). The best advice I can give you on your hair is to make sure it is a day old after washing otherwise hair is too clean (mad I know, but important - I'm sure most hairdressers would agree). I'm a heated rollers kinda girl, but I have a stupid amount of hair so using tongs takes forever. Keep up the practice but I think you're doing really well!
xxx

:hugs:

I'd washed my hair just before attempting it and used a bog standard head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner :thumbup:

I was thinking of maybe putting a simple tiara and then having a big daisy at the side. But, then would that look too much with a veil? :shrug:

I've got a very set mind as to what I'd like for a wedding dress. The only problem is that it might not actually suit me :dohh:

The flower, tiara AND veil might be a bit much. I would pick either the flower or the tiara to go with the veil. :) But that's just my personal opinion. :flower:

Agreed, the flower probably would be too much with a tiara and veil.

I think you'd need to see what the dress is like on first before deciding wether to go with a flower or tiara :)

Don't wash your hair on the day of the wedding Emmy, if you want to wear it up. I went to the hairdresser to have mine done and they specifically told me not to!

Mine goes greasy really quickly though :wacko: would dry shampoo be ok?

Good question. Not sure about that. Probably but best to google it or ask a hairdresser at some point. Doesn't have to be about wedding hair, can be a general query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->