• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Talcum powder can take away some of the grease. :thumbup: Worst case you could always wash your hair in the afternoon the day before? But you need some of those natural oils to make your hair - for lack of a better word - tacky enough to stay up. If you wash it then your hair goes slippery and will fall out easier.

:flower:

Okies :thumbup:

Will wash my hair tonight and try it again tomorrow and see how it comes out :D

I'm going home tonight rather than staying with Chris while he's on night duty, mum is being off with me yet again so I'm not staying here and being made to feel uncomfortable. So I think it'll be an evening of choosing some must have songs for the dj for the disco, looking at dresses, and guest list planning - I need to feel like I'm doing something constructive towards the wedding even if we don't have a definite date yet :)

I wont be washing my hair the day of the wedding as it'll be way to soft to do anything with! I'll do mine the night before :thumbup:

Never got anything done last night as I felt really ill, anything I ate just made me :sick:

Feeling a bit better this morning, but am sticking to water and foodwise soup just to be on the safe side (it would be toast but we have no bread in :dohh: )

Anyhoo, enough feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to attempt to do my hair again this morning, now that I washed it last night :D so will post new piccies once I'm done

And then I'm going to do all the bits that I'd planned on doing last night, such as look through the guest list, start a must have music list etc :thumbup:

Tried my hair again but it doesn't seem as curly as it did the first time I tried :wacko:

I've also found that the curls drop out really fast, so I think I'm going to have to use a ton of hairspray on the day, but am looking for some tips on google to help them stay in.

Am going to order the babyliss curling wand as well soon so that I can start practising with that :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG-20110522-00199.jpg
    IMG-20110522-00199.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20110522-00200.jpg
    IMG-20110522-00200.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20110522-00203.jpg
    IMG-20110522-00203.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Might still be too 'fresh' if you only washed it last night. I'm not one for hair products much (so much damn hair that it still has no body or volume!), but what about mousse? And if you use hairspray on slightly damp hair (maybe use a mister/plant spray to dampen it?) then it seems to set more I think, though it might go a bit crunchy!!! Does your friend Nikki have any advice?
xxx

She can't think of anything to try ... but I have come across tigi bed head foxy curls contour cream, and the reviews I've read says it seem to help a lot, so I might get that as I lurve the tigi bed head stuff :D

I use this Awapuhi (by John Mitchell) firm hold hairspray and it does NOT budge! I have incredibly stubborn bangs and its the only thing that keeps them in line. It also doesn't leave a "styled" finish iykwim... the only thing with it is you'd have to finger comb your curls first, then spray and that's it. You can't do anymore styling unless its touch ups later on.

I'm probably going to try again in a bit, but this time I'm going to work from the top of my head downwards and each time I do a new curl, I'll clip it to the top of me head :thumbup:

Going through music that I'd like the dj to have for the evening do (the one I've been looking at says on their website that any requests need to be songs that are readily available to either buy or download legally). So far I've got

Let Loose - Crazy for You
Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off

Really want some more cheesy pop to get people dancing though :D

I don't know if we have a must-have song list. :) I know we have a "don't play" list, not that I think anyone would request heavy/death metal at our wedding but you never know when people get drinking. :rofl:

We're limiting country as well as neither of us are fans.

I love that Let Loose Crazy for you - saw them at a concert once in the mid 90s - was brilliant!!! We just let our DJ choose the music as we aren't massive fans tbh. Apparently one guest (a reception guest from DH's work moaned at him to play better music, but I didn't even notice as I was too busy talking to lots of people!).
One song I should have asked for as I love it so much is The Waterboys - Whole of the Moon. And another one that I remember dancing around my friends pool in the summer hols in my bikini (had a lovely figure then, a curvy 14!) is Simon & Garfunkel Late in the Evening.
Yo can't beat a bit of cheesy pop if you ask me. I was at a friends wedding and there was another wedding going on and all you could hear was 'I predict a riot' blaring out at top volume - it was awful - not at all weddingy.
Our first song was Madonna Crazy for you. We couldn't think of anything so I read out a list of top wedding songs and DH just said 'that one'. Maybe he knew it was because I was a Madonna fan (old Madonna, not stringy looking pink leotard Madonna!).
Our DJ also played some Irish music (folksy type) at my request for my mum, aunt and their cousin (all Irish!) - was a good laugh (just the one song mind!!!).
We did have a song that was special to us but not right for first dance that we asked the DJ to play - Britney Spears Born to make you happy. It was released when we first got together and we each bought each other a copy of the single! Cheesy, but really special (although the DJ did announce why he was playing it even though I told him to shhhhhhh! Didn't mind though, was just very embarassing! :blush:!)
Have any of your friends got special requests? Or you could have a section (say 1hr) in the evening where guests can request a song (provided the DJ has it)?
xxx

Well so far, there's only a very select few that know - my mum, Nikki, Pat, Bri, Donna and Andy and you guys :blush: We're waiting until we've booked the date on the 20th June before we make the announcement lol, but I'll probably have loads of input once that's been done :D

I'd love to put this song on the request list, it's more of a special song for me and mum :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv-8g5wlfwE

I love that song - I can't play it now but is it the theme song to the gilmore girls? Such a nice song. I think music wise, I'm just gonna let the DJ have free reign, but give him a 'do not play' list lol there are some songs that just don't belong at a wedding! haha xxx

Slightly OT but I LOVE Gilmore Girls lol! A lovely song hun!

How is the hair coming along? Have you had another go yet?

x

Silly me, I just looked on the previous page and you have lol! Excuse my ignorance!

Have you thought about pin curling your hair the day before hun so that when you get up on your big day, all you have to do is remove the grips and then style it how you want it? My friend got married last year and I was MOH, me and the other BM's all had our hair pin curled the afternoon on the day before and then took it out in the morning before it was all put up! It gives your hair lots of volume too! We had ours done for £20 at a hairdressers (including a wash and blow dry too) but I am sure its not too difficult to do yourself and you have tons of time to practice! Just a thought!

Hope things with your mum are better!?

x

Yep it's the theme tune to the Gilmore Girls - everyday that I'm at mum's in time we sit and watch it on E4 and we both love the song :thumbup:

I'm a pain, I can't sleep with anything in my hair, so I don't know how I'll manage with rollers in all night. Though what I might do is try and tie rags in my hair and curl it that way as that's more flexible than rollers isn't it? But with us aiming for a later wedding it does mean I'll have loads of time to curl it with tongs if needs be.

I haven't seen mum since Saturday night so am hoping she's in a better mood by the time I see her tomorrow.

Have had an idea for drinks while we have piccys done - real, freshly made lemonade :thumbup: Am going to have a word with the venue and see if it's possible to arrange :D

Pin cursl aren't rollers, its basically just your hair rolled into lots and lots of little flat curls and then a kirkby grip to keep it in place! I am terrible for sleeping with things in my hair, I would need propping up with a pillow lol!

I love Gilmore Girls, my best friend bought me some of the series on dvd when I was on maternity leave so I ended up watching them all from the beginning!

The lemonade sounds lovely, I like real lemonade! I think we are having Pimms for ours - need to keep them chirpy while I spend AGES getting my pics done lol!

x

Have you got all of them on dvd? I'm just waiting on series 7 to make my collection complete, but am in the middle of series 2 at the moment :D I've got such a mahoosive crush on Luke / Scott Patterson now thanks to the programme :blush:

Just browsing Boots at the moment online to see if I can spot some nice skincare deals :thumbup:

I have got 1-5 on dvd and OH downloaded 6 for me! I still watch it on e4 thought too if Max is asleep lol!

Luke is a hottie but I prefer Christopher lol!

x

:rofl: Christopher isn't bad, but still Luke all the way for me :blush:

Argh there's a song from the gilmore girls that gives me goosebumps and I just can't find which one it is :dohh:

If you skip to 0.50 on this video you'll know which one I mean :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byw9YmfFh2E

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back