it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I didn't pick this dress of the rail at all :haha: The woman in the shop made me try it on. I'd said no sparkles and that was the last one I tried on in that shop. She convinced me to try it on and that was the one :happydance:

I'm going to try and go in with a fairly open mind, if they don't suit me then fine. I want something that is going to give me butterflies and take my breath away and just completely wow Chris when I walk into the room :blush:

I agree with Traskey, I've heard so many times about a bride going into a bridal shop, and picking out a few dresses that she thinks she likes and trying them on with no success, then the shop assistant will suggest something which altho not something the bride would have chosen, is absolutely perfect on her :thumbup:

I didn't want a mermaid style dress, but here I am with one! :haha:

I didnt originally plan to go for a dress like mine- but I put it on and it chose me!! :cloud9:

I agree with Traskey, I've heard so many times about a bride going into a bridal shop, and picking out a few dresses that she thinks she likes and trying them on with no success, then the shop assistant will suggest something which altho not something the bride would have chosen, is absolutely perfect on her :thumbup:

This is what happened to me!! I chose 3 dresses to try on the lady who owned the shop asked if she could choose one for me and I said yes. She chose one that I had looked at already and disregarded but when I tried it on I loved it!

x

my dress jumped out at me and whacked me in the head :grr:

ok that was a slight exaggeration- but damn, I love it! :rofl:

I feel like dress shopping is ages away :grr: Wish it was this time next year so I could go and try loads of dresses on :rofl:

i'm waiting until next year too. i though i found the one i loved, was going to buy it for £800 :o tried it on again and decided i didnt love it like i thought i did. the lady in the shop chose it and i hated it on the hanger!

I love the fact that I've fallen in love with a dress :cloud9:

It's giving me complete and utter motivation to stick to my diet and do some more exercise. I've just done 7 songs on the wii - Just Dance, drunk a litre and a half of water so far today!! I WILL fit in one of those Disney dress from Alfred Angelo :cloud9: :thumbup:

Going to start ordering in the bridesmaid's headdresses tomorrow, found a gorgeous one on ebay that just seems to look so much more natural and more daisyish :wohoo: Still need to find bracelets for 4 of them though, but thankfully I've got 2 years to do that :winkwink:

This is what happened to me!! I chose 3 dresses to try on the lady who owned the shop asked if she could choose one for me and I said yes. She chose one that I had looked at already and disregarded but when I tried it on I loved it!

x

Snap! The ones I initially loved looked dreadful on me! The one the assistant brought out was everything I didn't want at the time. It looked so much better. I didn't end up with that one, but did get one in a similar sort of style :dohh:

Well done on the water Emmy. A dress will motivate you to lose weight like not much else! You can do it :)

Wow, I love this song :happydance:

I might have it as one of the songs for when we sign the register :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txYSaiFOelo

:wohoo:

have started ordering the head dresses for the bridesmaids - ordered 2 of them just now and will order the other 3 next week :cloud9:

Had a bit of a tantrum earlier :( Was talking to Mum about who was going to give me away (she thinks I should ask one of my uncles - the one who couldn't get to Dad's funeral because he lives in Macau, she thinks if he has enough notice then he'll be willing to come across, despite him saying he would only come across to the UK if a funeral was involved after all the fall out after Dad died, which I completely understand), and I just got completely overwhelmed and started sobbing that I shouldn't have to be doing this, it should be Dad giving me away, no one else, and how unfair it all is :cry:

:hugs: emz. i cant even imagine how u must be feeling hun.

:hugs: we can all walk you :) hope you are feeling happy today, i feel so disorganised compared to you!! Xx

Mum's scared of running over my dress in her wheelchair and tearing it :dohh:

To be honest, I feel like a bit of an idiot for my outburst yesterday, it just gets so overwhelming sometimes :( I guess when I know who's giving me away it might be a bit easier to handle, but it all just feels wrong at the moment.

I feel ok today, not as bad as yesterday thankfully :hugs:

outbursts are perfectly acceptable! My folks came round to mind poppy on sat night as we wer going to a friend's birthday "takeout and movie" night, my dad drove us as barry wanted to have a :drunk: and i broke down on the way there! we had to go and park somewer random til i calmed down!!

:hugs: it just gets me at the weirdest times, sometimes I'm ok talking about stuff Dad should be doing, and sometimes it just completely gets me.

I feel a bit bullied into asking my uncle as I really wanted to ask Dad's best friend, but mum says to save any upset I should ask my uncle first because my nan will get huffy about it, even though it's my place to choose :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->