it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I get a bit miffed when anyone announces there engaged now. I dont want anyone stealing my thunder!! hahaha xx

OT so if anyone wants to skip this I'll put it in a spoiler

UGH!!!!

I have to say, I really hate my family with a passion sometimes. My aunty is on facebook making nasty comments about Amy Winehouse and being shitty with my mum and brothers because they said RIP!

I'm so sick and tired of it all, this has all come up over a stupid argument about a film, my brother isn't on my uncle's friend list anymore so I don't see why she's carrying it on :shrug:

I've just put on my facebook status

"I have to say, I'm not thinking about Amy Winehouse, or the tragedy in Norway, my mind is elsewhere ... thinking about a sunday 2 years ago when I was sat in a hospital after dad had died, that's what's important to me. Miss him more and more each day ♥ ♥ Grainger Reece ♥ ♥ my light that never goes out ♥ ♥"

Maybe that will make them all stop and think, it probably won't, but that's where my mind is today :cry:

Hope you are feeling better today chick xxx

Not really :nope: it's all blown up again with the same uncle, just a different brother this time :dohh:

I just feel like banging their heads together, surely given the time of year that it is, they should realise how important family is? Every family has disagreements, but these ones lately with this particular uncle are just pathetic :(

:hug: Emmy

Families can be a right pain sometimes. I'd just let them squabble lke toddlers and get on with your own life.

COngratulations on losing half a stone. That's brilliant :)

The save the date magnets arrived today, they look fantastic, I have to say I'm really pleased with them :happydance:

I took some with me to where we scattered Dad's ashes so I could get my aunt to take them home with her, and the other one piped up "you're a bit keen aren't you?!?!? it's ages away!!! what's the rush?!?!?!" :shock:

Now bearing in mind I'd sat on my own for about 2 hours, they hadn't spoken to me, they'd turned up with an attitude on them. I didn't even bring up the wedding, it's Dad's day not mine, I just gave them the magnets for them to hand out when they got home :cry:

Going to eat loads of junk food tonight, I just need to slob out and forget about it, back on the diet tomorrow

Hun, you need to remember something.

It is still very early you have just under 2 years away (I didnt even start planning anything until after 18 months before) but things have changed since the 60's/50's when they got married.

They got married within a month, proposels were quick as were weddings. We no longer get married because we're pregnant or because we think it would bring us freedom or because we want to move out of our parents house.

Most weddings now a days take more than a month to plan, our dresses take 9 months to make if they're designer and we need to save our arses off because everything is so much more expensive.

We marry for love, and we like to make a big deal out of it because of that reason.

Your aunt does not understand that, and she never will.

If she says anything again simply reply to her "things have changed, weddings are not like they used to be"

Massive congrats on the 7lb lost hun!

Hun, you need to remember something.

It is still very early you have just under 2 years away (I didnt even start planning anything until after 18 months before) but things have changed since the 60's/50's when they got married.

They got married within a month, proposels were quick as were weddings. We no longer get married because we're pregnant or because we think it would bring us freedom or because we want to move out of our parents house.

Most weddings now a days take more than a month to plan, our dresses take 9 months to make if they're designer and we need to save our arses off because everything is so much more expensive.

We marry for love, and we like to make a big deal out of it because of that reason.

Your aunt does not understand that, and she never will.

If she says anything again simply reply to her "things have changed, weddings are not like they used to be"

Massive congrats on the 7lb lost hun!

Summed it up perfectly!!

z

The one who's making the comments only got married 8 years ago because she was pregnant :rofl: The older one is over the moon for us and really chuffed :dohh:

Mum has decided to get my uncle's oh on the go with a few wedding projects, she's going to help us to put a yellow sash on the dresses for the flower girls, and she's going to help us make proper daisy chain head garlands :happydance:

I would say she is jealous then hun but even still, 8 years ago is a long time and still things have changed!

Yeah that's what I was thinking ... I was trying to let it rise above me, but I'm feeling overly sensitive at the moment so everything these people do upsets me :dohh:

Give it a week or so and I'll probably be thinking stuff them, if they don't like it they can lump it :haha:

Hey hun just thought i would let you know that if you go on Livingsocial.co.uk and go to the deals in bradford there is one for Vista print. it's £10 for a £40 voucher to spend on anything you want. I know its technically a bradford deal but its to shop online so you will be able to get whatever you buy delivered to you. You can only get 1 voucher per mailing address but i'm gonna get a couple and have the stuff delivered to my parents and David's parents xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->