it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

:wohoo: just been pricing up bikini tops on ebay ... my uncle's oh is going to help me to make the back clasps into ties so I can do them up tighter if I lose weight on my back :dance:

Going to try putting cous cous in tomorrow's pepper :rofl:

Yey for Turkey :happydance:

When and where abouts are you going?

I've never had Cous Cous i take it's nice? I'm scared of new things lol xxxx

We're going to Dalyan and staying at the Sahin Apartments :happydance:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...lyan_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

We fly out on 7th June 2012 at 18.55 from Manchester for a fortnight and then fly back at 02.25 in the morning :shock:

I don't know how to describe cous cous, the way I see it is like ground rice if that makes sense?

Yey for Turkey!!

BUT......you wont be here at the time of my wedding :cry:

x

Awwwwwww no :dohh: I'm going to have to log on at the internet cafe so I can catch up on the goss, will be weird not being on this part of the forum for a fortnight :rofl:

:wohoo: for holidays! Enjoy Em, you deserve it.

A nice hot holiday sounds just what you need!

Ohmigosh!! YAAAAY for booking Turkey!!!! That's going to be so much fun!!!!

Cous cous is a type of pasta isn't it? Like really tiny pieces of pasta - you have to add things to it, to have any taste :haha: like lemon, or veg! the consistency isn't my fave, but it's quite nice with a salad :thumbup:

xxx

Might buy once of those ainsley's packets and see how i get on :) xx

:happydance: :wohoo: :dance:

I THINK I have my bridal entrance music sorted :blush:

I know I've posted quite a few possibilities in my journal, but I was reminded of this fantastic song last night when I was watching a film :cloud9:

The version I have is a minute longer than this one :shock: so I'm going to see if I can edit it enough for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to :thumbup: Also my version has no speaking on it whatsoever :D

It just completely gives me goosebumps and when I heard it last night it made me cry a little :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUkLB3o0zg

Ok, I've ulpoaded the mp3 to youtube so that everyone can listen to it and see what I mean :cloud9:

I've been listening to it a few times and it really is an amazing piece of music and I have to say, I do honestly think I'm settled on this.

The only thing that's bugging me is that it's so long and I don't really want to edit it and take away from the beauty of the song. At 2.57 it starts to get into the part where I want to think about making an entrance (which I'll actually do somewhere between 3.20 and 3.24).

Our venue has these amazing glass double doors from the bar into the ceremony room and I was trying to figure out if 2.57 minutes was long enough for the bridesmaids to make an entrance? Or is that waaaaayyyyyy too long?

What I was wanting the venue to do was maybe once the bridesmaids had all started to walk down the aisle get the staff to close the doors for me to get myself ready and pull myself together and then at 2.57 get them to open the doors for me to actually start walking down the aisle at between 3.20 and 3.24.

Am I being stupidly over dramatic? :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeN0eTH6mN8

Emmy that is really stunning and i really love it!! It actually made me go 'awww' out loud :)

lovely lovely piece of music abd definately not too dramatic xxx

Think I have found another music possibility either for when we sign the register or for our first dance :cloud9: Chris is leaning more to the first dance as it's a shorter song :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoqjLnZu3Q

I love this music, its from Romeo and Juliet too isn't it? I was considering it as my entrance song as its a song I have always loved. The version with the words in by Desiree is beautiful but just the music on its own is stunning. I think its a very good choice.

I know what you mean about the part where it 'kicks in' and it would be nice to make your entrance then too. The only thing I would suggest you think about it that timings may not run very precisely on the day. I was MOH for my best friend last year and there were 2 other BM's, we were supposed to take a certain amount of time each to walk down the aisle but it totally went out the window. The first BM went too fast so the second tried to go slow to make up for it but ended up being too slow and then when I went I couldnt remember what I was supposed to be doing lol.

Love the music though, I could gush about it all day long!

x

Yep it's from Romeo and Juliet :D

I think what I'll do is to do a trial run of walking from the bar down the aisle at normal pace and then slower pace and see what happens when I next go to the venue, though I have no idea when that will be ... with me having 5 bridesmaids and then my flower girl too it should hopefully work out :thumbup:

Looks like I won't be having a MOH :nope:

I've been trying to get in touch with her for ages now. When we moved back to Wales in 2009 my brother accidentally deleted my numbers off my phone and she wasn't on facebook. Fast forward to this year and I find her on facebook, I asked her about being my MOH and she said yes, but every single time I try and get in touch with her she doesn't reply to my messages :(

I've been trying to get in touch with her for about a month now and nothing's working, so I don't know what to do really :nope:

So far I only have 2 bridesmaids confirmed and my little flower girl confirmed. When we tell Chris' parents that we have set a date that's when I'll ask if his cousin and his brother's gf's girls want to be my other bridesmaids.

Awww Emmy :hugs:

Look at it this way, if she is not bothering to get back to you then she doesn't deserve to be your MOH. When I was asked to be a MOH I was so happy I cried! Its a huge deal and you need someone who really wants to do it and who you can rely on!

Is there noone else you could ask?

x

There is Nikki, my brother's gf. She has been a major star, she helped me design the little stick people for the magnets and rsvp cards, she's done so many dress searches it's unbelievable, she found me the instrumental version of the Romeo and Juliet song (I could only find versions with Leonardo DiCaprio talking on) ... I really don't think I could have asked for more.

I just wanted someone I was REALLY close to if that makes sense? And yeah I'm close to Nikki, but not as close as I am / was to my friend from Cheshire :nope:

I dunno hun, how close are you if she's not even bothering to get back to you? :hugs: Trust me, you are going to want someone who is there and available. I have one bridesmaid who hasn't been really there to help and its been incredibly upsetting and whatnot.

But thankfully I have a really amazing MOH. Your MOH is traditionally supposed to help and arrange everything... your bridal party is not only just people who are close but also the best people to help and support you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->