it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Awwwww that's ok hun, don't worry about it, I could hardly get on here on the blackberry over the weekend while we were away :dohh:

I really like the second BR dress on your list, its so pretty!

Are you still going to see the Alfred Angelo gowns too?

X

I'm not sure at the moment, lots of the shops I contacted just didn't get back in touch :shrug: so if they can't be bothered to do that then I can't be bothered to give them my business

The first BR dress I've put up is the exact style that I was first considering when I first started planning, I'd love it if one of the BR dresses I put up suit me :cloud9:

Yeah some of the ones I emailed took a while to reply so I ended up chasing them up with a phone call. Its a pity you don't live near me as the shop I am getting mine from is amazing, the women are fantastic and they have such a beautiful range of dresses, including BR and MS!!

All of the dresses look fab, you need to get your booty to a shop and try some on. Its so much fun! I was a nervous wreck when I went last week but after the first couple of dresses I started to relax and by the 20th dress I was dancing in my pants lol!!

x

Where did you go hun? I'll probably travel from Cheshire when it comes to trying dresses on, so it seems like easy access for wherever I want to go. Plus it means my bridesmaids can come with me and be shown how to lace it up (if I go for a dress with a lace up back) :happydance:

I'm trying to get the first appointment for trying on dresses in march next year as it gives me time to lose weight, and it allows time to get some money saved in case I find "the one" and want to pay a deposit :D

ooo leash were is this it might be within my reach :) xx

Its Hoops A Daisy in Wakefield! I couldn't fault them at all!! They were so nice and friendly and made me feel so comfortable! When I got there they asked what kinds of dresses I had looked at so far etc Then she gave me some plastic tags so I could go around the shop and hook them over all the dresses I liked the look of which was so much fun. At the same time, she was also suggesting styles she thought I might like too which was really helpful. I ended up running out of tags so she happily went and got me some more. I think I ended up trying about 14 dresses on (some of them twice) and I enjoyed every minute.

I had an appointment at another shop the same day which was also fun but I knew deep down I had found THE dress in Hoops A Daisy and the fact that they were so nice and friendly has made me so sure I am going to buy it from there. I did consider shopping around to see if I could find my dress cheaper but as they have offered to take 10% off there is no point! I am so happy and excited I have ticked the box next to 'Wedding Dress' on my list lol!!

x

Just in case you have seen some dresses you like Lisa - they stock Maggie Sottero, Benjamin Roberts, Sophia Tolli and a few others I think!!

x

I've just e-mailed them to see if they stock any of the dresses that I like :happydance:

I'd prefer to travel to somewhere that other people have had good experiences with as I kind of know what to expect if that makes sense?

The bridal shop in my town is lovely the woman is so sweet, although it is a bit far :p she knew the dress was out of my price range so offered for me to buy the sample for £500, or if i bought it full price she ould have given me a tiara and 10% off a veil x

Yeah of course that makes sense. I always prefer to go off someones recommendations too, I like to know what to expect! The second shop I went to was nice and the woman was lovely but it just didnt have the same magic because MY dress wasnt there. I also felt a bit like the woman who was looking after me was trying to encourage me to try on the most expensive dresses whereas the woman in Hoops knew my budget and all the dresses she suggested were within it. When I picked up a dress that wasnt, she told me before I got too attached lol!

x

Awwwww that sounds brill :happydance: I hope there'll be dresses in sizes that I can try on :D Hope it doesn't take too long to get a reply from them

I've e-mailed this dress shop too

https://www.thebigdayuk.com/

They seem to stock some fantastic dresses by well known designers too, so they have to be worth a shot as well :happydance:

:blush: I always feel like I have to be doing something towards the wedding, even if it's just pestering dress shops :haha:

Need to talk to Chris about whether he wants to hire a suit or just buy one from somewhere. He's feeling a bit icky tonight so I won't be pestering him

i feel the need to plan, em just had her birthday so i cant do that anymore! im gonna do xmas, then my 21st then the wedding!

Daniel doesnt know if he wants to buy or hire, i think you can pick up some nice suits in asda for the same price you can hire one, but he's deciding on his suit :o

Chris literally will not plan anything, he's leaving it all to me. He even wanted me to search for something he could add on to his vows for him :trouble:

I've had an email back from the venue and it looks like one of the family rooms won't be available for Chris' aunty, uncle and cousins to use as his cousins are both teenagers. I've spoken to Chris about it and he agrees that if this is the case then we can pay at least half the rate for a twin room for his cousins (one of them is a bridesmaid for us) as it would mean that they were paying £360 in accomodation fees. His aunty probably won't even consider letting us do this, but I'm going to try my best if it comes to it lol.

I have to say I love my clinique skincare stuff, it's really making a difference, my skin isn't greasy anymore and looks healthier according to Chris :happydance:

Which Cliniqu stuff did you get coz i have dead greasy skin xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->