it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

mine came up as dry combination and I got the trial 3 step set from debenhams for £20, the lady at the counter said it had about 2 months worth of stuff in it :D

:happydance:

have had an email back from the hotel and we don't need to put the teenagers in a separate room. So Chris and I have decided that we're going to pay £50 towards each of the family rooms as one of them would be on £120 a night and the other would be on £130 a night, and it's a lot of money to ask them to pay, plus we don't mind as it saves us paying £180 for a separate room :D

We've been given the number for the guy that does most of the discos at the hotel, so we'll be giving him a call next week to see if he has our date available (he comes back from holiday this weekend, but we're away so we're waiting until next week lol) :happydance:

I've found another plus size bridal store in Cheshire so I might give them a call to arrange an appointment for march and see what they have in store :D

Thinking about dresses, and I mean really thinking about them ...

I'd love something like flowy and kinda boho if that makes sense? I'm not an overly fussy person, I like things to be understated and not ott. Don't get me wrong I'll be completely open to the fact that a big massive dress could very well be the one, but I have to say I really do hope it isn't :blush:

Yeah I was thinking chiffon, but I guess it depends on what actually suits me so will have to wait and see lol

OOhh Floaty I like that style :). I think next year is gonna be so exciting for you :happydance: xxx

1 year 10 months :happydance: That will fly by!

Chiffon sounds nice. Can't wait for you to try dresses on :happydance: Have you decided on jewellery hun?

I can't wait to have christmas and new year out of the way, then I can start looking forward to trying on dresses, then we go to turkey and then we're going to start ttc properly again :blush:

as little jewellery as possible as I don't normally wear it :rofl: but a nice silver necklace and maybe a pair of silver ear rings?

we're thinking about it, I don't think I could wait so long before trying properly again :blush:

There's nothing wrong with that lol! I did a lot of my wedding planning whilst I was pregnant/on maternity leave! I was just thinking about your dress, you said your budget was £1000 didn't you? I'd be worried about spending so much money and then it not fitting you if you get a BFP!

X

that's the most I'd spend, but there are dresses on ebay that I could always go for that are a lot less ... I guess it depends on what happens :dohh: I just couldn't face waiting so long

And the mithering has already begun :trouble:

Chris' aunty from his dad's side of the family is pestering for a room at the hotel, even though I set aside 5 rooms for his family, and I wanted to keep the others for my family / friends. So now I'm going to be made to feel like a right snobby cow if I turn around and say that there isn't a room available :cry:

I've got a list of b&bs ready for them all, but she's insisting on a room at the hotel. So what can I say without looking like a miserable cow? :shrug:

I knew this would happen, I knew his family would take over at the hotel and make pathetic demands without a thought for my side of the family :cry: I don't even like this aunty of his :nope: But I've now found out that it isn't just her, it's her 2 adult kids as well wanting rooms, which will leave me with a total of 3 rooms for my side of the family :shock:

I don't get why they can't rent a b&b out in the village? It means I won't be able to have all of my bridesmaids in the hotel with me like I wanted, and I'm not going to be able to offer rooms to my dad's best friend and his wife life I wanted to do.

I tried talking to Chris about it last night and he wouldn't even entertain the subject let alone attempt to reassure me, so it's down to me to look like a bitch either way. If I say no to his aunty and cousins I look like a bitch and if I turn away my family and make them go to somewhere in the village I look like a bitch because I don't have rooms available for them :shrug:

Just tell her that you'll be setting aside rooms in the hotel for immediate family (including your own family!!!) and the bridal party and give her the name of the closest B&B. Dont be scared of looking like a bitch... all it will look like is that she's being unreasonable and you're trying to keep your own family in mind... she'll soon back down when she realises that she's the one being difficult :hugs:

Rant over, his aunty and uncle will have a room then his cousins are going into a b&b in the village and they can like it or lump it, I'm not giving up 3 rooms for his family, 1 room I don't mind, but 3 - not a chance in hell ... plus it means on the morning of the wedding while Chris' parents are busy with us, it means his nanna will have someone with her

Sounds like a good compromise hun :thumbup:

Sounds like a good idea. If the hotel rooms are limited then you just have to allocate rooms and everyone else will have to stay somewhere else. Don't worry about it. It's not like it's your fault there are only so many rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->