it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Yup i was thinking that you was cutting it a bit fine lol xx

gonna stalk you here too. im really not a weddingy person tho so i doubt ill be much help!

gonna stalk you here too. im rly not a weddingy person tho so i doubt ill be much help!

x

:hi:

I wasn't much of a wedding person either until I got to planning our wedding :rofl:

Super sore atm, fell flat on my face earlier after getting my toe caught in my pj trousers, have jarred my arm and carpet burnt my knee :dohh:

Me neither but it has released the inner girly girl in me. I love looking at and talking about all things weddingy at the mo :happydance:

Emmy i had a look on the facebook page for the dress peeps you are going with and some of the dresses on there are stunning and really flattering. I was thinking of giving them a call myself lol xxx

They're lovely ladies hun, it's Lucy who's been replying to me, if you go on their actual website they have a list of designers who they stock :D I say go for it, when I told her my size and budget she said I would be able to try on at least half of the dresses in there :happydance:

The Big Day Castleford

I'd recommend them to anyone and I haven't even been to the store yet. They have a gallery on the site of some of the ladies who have used them before and they all look amazing :D

No hun coz on the site it says from size 18 but im 14-16 but hopefully a comfortable 14 by the time i come to get my dress xx

:hugs: I hope you find somewhere totally fantastic to buy your dress from.

I'm spending the day trying to think of favours that might be more suitable for adults who don't like pick n mix, I'm stuck between some lily bulbs, or flower seeds, or maybe lip balms for the ladies and something different for the men, and then downgrade the pick n mix to little organza bags of them?

I'm definitely set on The Wonder Of You for the first dance song, I just listened to it again and it gave me goosebumps and made me cry (though happy tears as it makes me think of how lucky I am). That's got to be a good sign hasn't it?

Would it be considered OTT if I was to make a seating plan for the ceremony? I know my dad's side of the family will be up in arms in they don't get "decent seats" :trouble: And it means I could actually have the favours set out on the seats as people go into the ceremony room. I'd like to make one anyway, but with us not having a sit down meal, I've been trying to find an excuse to make one :blush:

I've been thinking about the honeymoon too :blush:

What I want to persuade Chris to do is let us book a luxury room at a hotel in London in the dec of 2013 and then choose somewhere amazing and exotic for the following year as it gives us longer to save and make a decision on where to go :thumbup:

It's just a case of persuading Chris at the moment, but this is where I really want to go :cloud9:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...-Reviews-Lancaster_London-London_England.html

:yipee: Chris is in agreement that we can book a hotel in London for 4 or 5 nights for the year of the wedding, go do our yearly christmas shopping, but be in a place with a bit more luxury :happydance:

going to research hotels now and see what comes up :D

We did preferred seating for our families at the ceremony. Immediate family up at the front, friends behind. :)

You can do a specific seating plan for the ceremony, but in my experiences people will sit where they want to anyways. Might want to have an usher or groomsman seat people specifically?

Can't wait to hear honeymoon details!

Yay for the appointment. Where is it at? Can I come :)

Could you do cute little cards for the back of the chairs with guests names on maybe? x

:yipee: I have found a hairdresser and make up artist for myself AND the bridesmaids

Claire Davies Beautician and Mobile Hairdresser

She is absolutely lovely and been very helpful so far, so what I want to do is try and get a deposit sent out to her asap so that I can get the date secured (£25 and then that is knocked off my trial hair and make up appointment).

It's in Castleford in Yorkshire :D And of course you can come, would love it if you could :yipee: We can come and fetch you then travel up as we'll be going from northwich :happydance:

Love the idea of making place names to go on the back of chairs :D

That's great news hun :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I looked at a few of the bride pics and she looks good :thumbup: xx

What I'll probably do is just have basic make up for the bridesmaids, eyes lips and cheeks ... from what I can see she uses MAC products and they last quite well, so it will probably be the part make up, does that sound ok? I figured it would save me having to splurge on extra expensive make up and I could put that money to use and treat the bridesmaids :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->