it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

This looks awful, but what I'm thinking so far is this ...

Get the pre folded cards in like a pearlescent white.

On the front attach some vellum paper (not sure what type yet) - it's like an opaque translucent paper.

Then on top of that have 3 rows of hearts from 2 different types of heart embellishment.

Then in 2 of the corners (opposite ones) have a pink butterfly embellishment

Then like a luggage tag with a white tab over it saying "Wedding Invitation", maybe with a tiny bit of ribbon coming off it

And then a dotty ribbon down the side of the card

Is it too much?? :blush:

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20111004-00298.jpg

I am really crap at imagining things with just a description i would have to see it. I do like invites with Vellum paper though and have seen a few pre made ones with it that i like xxx

the drawing was absolutely awful :rofl: but I do seem to have an idea coming together and I think I "might" head in that direction as it gives me something extra to do as well and I could even get started after Christmas so I could space it out before sending them out :happydance:

It wouldn't let me see what was in the spoiler so haven't seen the drawing. I'll have a look when i get home. It's my damn rubbish work comp :( xx

:rofl: it's nothing special, just a really quick sketch of the invitation idea :D

working on a new wedding website at the moment that looks so much better than the blog I started :happydance:

Seen the drawing now and i like the idea of them they would look nice :) xxx

:blush: thanks hun, going to try and rope Chris into helping me out with them after Christmas :D

Invites sound fab hun they will look stunning!
i havent even thought that far ahead yet im so unorganised compared to you

I think this wedding has to have brought out the inner control freak in me, wanting to get things sorted asap etc :rofl:

lol i think il be like that after Christmas I really want to be organised as im a really stressy person and i always leave things till last minute so im determined to be organised :)

Yeah I'm the same, but we've got a trip to London at the beginning of Dec, the there's Christmas, then we're going to Turkey in June, but I'll have 6 months between Dec and June before going, so I can get some stuff done :D

I really need to get organised too. I only have have 9 months left and i haven't got anything for the invitations yet. I'm still not done sending out the save the dates lol :blush: xxx

Love the invite idea hun! I'm a big fan of vellum as well.

I'm super excited for getting bits in to start getting the invitations put together :happydance: I think I'll stock up on everything and then make a start on the actual putting them together part after christmas :D

:wohoo:

The hairdresser / make up lady has been back in touch and sent me a confirmation of booking. She's going to get in touch a few months before the wedding to arrange a trial :happydance: So I have plenty of time to grow my hair, get my hair in decent condition and get my skin in nice condition. Really, really excited now and so relieved she's been back in touch, she's just been super busy :D

Yey great news. Nothing to worry about now :) xxx

Just thinking that if youre gonna make your cards then things will most likely be in the sales after Xmas as loads of ppl make xmas cards. Thats if you dont want something specific of course, if youre happy to take whatever you can find then you might find some bargains.

I made our invites, we didnt rly have a wedding but we had a posh party when we were back from vegas. It was rly easy, just printed some stuff out on nice card, stuck some gold leaf on it and wasnt much to it.

I've got everything saved in my watch list on ebay, it took me hours and hours to find what I wanted through google, yet a few searches on ebay and there it was :D I think it'll cost about £40 - £50 to buy everything in at the very most, yet the invites I was looking at online would have set me back £143 :shock:

Though I might go and have a nosey in the sales in hobbycraft and see if I can spot anything extra :haha:

Always awesome to check out the sales in places. I got so many things for so cheap because I hunted around. :thumbup: You're an awesome bargain shopper! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->