Its getting me down :-(

Tryingx

Reaction score
Hi all

Im 2 weeks post delivering at 17.5 weeks. I stil have a positive preg test and am having bright red spotting! Its very unexpected cos i am relieved wen i see my clear sanitary towel which turns to shock wen i wipe myself and see a red smear :-(. There r no clots at all. I had a ultrasound scan and the dr seemed unworried about the scan, the positive test and spotting.

Are the pos test and bright red spotting 14 days after delivery normal? Im so stressed out by this all as i feel i cant put closure to my loss while the physical issues continue :-(

Hi hun didn't want to read and run.

I didn't take a hpt after losing Max as I couldn't face seeing it still showing positive so I can't comment on that. I bled for about 2 weeks and when I saw my Consultant 4 weeks after delivering Max she was shocked that I had stopped bleeding.

Everyone is completely different and if your dr isn't concerned then I wouldn't be too worried. I know it is hard to move forward whilst the physical signs of the loss are still there but your body will readjust itself in it's own time.

Take it easy and get some rest.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I am so deeply sorry for your loss :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Please be gentle with yourself..XOOXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi there. I am so sorry for what you're going through. Our baby didnt survive at 18 weeks and I lost alot of blood and didnt stop bleeding/spotting until around 5 - 6 weeks later which got me thinking whether there was still bits in me. So to check whether there was I took a POAS and it came our positive still. It is normal. Don't worry. Your hormones are ALL OVER THE PLACE still! Its going to take at least a couple of cycles for things to get back to normal... whatever normal is!

As your bleeding has stopped - theres no need to worry about anything else still in your uterus.. its just if you're still bleeding heavily..... sorry - I didnt want to worry you with that one!

Please ask as many questions - there are some lovely ladies on here who have gone through the same heart break as you and happy to support you.

Erica xxx

many thanks for your reply ericacaca. how long in total did your bleeding/spotting last?

many thanks for your reply ericacaca. how long in total did your bleeding/spotting last?

Hi again. From what I remember I didnt want to go back to work until the bleeding stopped. I miscarried on the 8th March and didnt go back to work until the 30th March - so around 3 weeks and 2 days.... I still spotted here and there which got me a bit worried. But AF came 5 weeks and 5 days after we lost Baby. My body was chaos though during this time, I didnt get back to normal until my 2nd AF in May.

Hope that helps.

I lost my LO a tiny bit later, I think from memory I only did a HPT after 4 weeks which came up negative. I bled for 2 weeks solidly then a bit of spotting after that when I overdid things. I got my next AF at 4 weeks.

Everyone is different though and if you are worried go back and demand answers from the doctor

I am so sorry for your loss and hope your body sorts itself out soon :hugs:

I thought I'd started my period when my bright red spotting started back up (after a week of being brown).
But I am still having bright red spotting every single day :(
I so done with it and wish it would go away.

:hugs: Hi Hon' ... I'm sorry for your loss...

After I delivered Emma, I bleed forever! ugh... Really, I bleed until 6-7 weeks post delivery, even passed HUGE clots during that time... I didn't ever do a pregnancy test after her loss, sorry no info on that part... I just learned that everyone is different in this time period ...

When I lost my little girl, I remember that I bled for about 9 weeks with one or two days in between after week 7 . I tried taking pregnancy test at 6 weeks
and I got a negative

I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO EXPERIENCE SUCH A TRAGEDY! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF

Thanku so much for ur replies! I hav been to the hospital n spoke with midwives on numerous occasions cos im worried bout what is "normal", they must think im crazy cos they dont understand how the bleeding reminds me of everything so the last thing that id want is any issue/complication that prolongs the bleeding. hopefully this episode will end soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->