It's just all too much today (having a moment)

Hope22

Mom of 1 beautiful boy
Reaction score
Girls, I'm having a bit of a moment here. My back is screaming, the acid reflux is so bad I can't lie down to go to sleep, any time I bend at the waist food comes back up, and I'm just exhausted. To top it off, I was having brunch with my family today and the waitress felt the need to tell me I looked huge (she's a dunce; I'm actually measuring small right now) and was I sure I wasn't carrying twins. Had I not been on my best behaviour I would have given her a piece of my mind (we were out with my hubby's aunts and uncles).

I've gained 19lbs now and I feel like a whale. I feel unattractive, unfit, not at all pretty. My face has strange random red patches that come and go, my boobs are huge, and my belly button is so stretched out I can see the inside of it for the first time in my life. My sweet husband tells me I'm gorgeous, and still wants sex (at every opportunity!) but I'm in so much pain and so hormonal it's tough to reciprocate. How on earth am I going to do this until mid January?

Oh, and the cherry on top is that I was going to a high-risk clinic two hours away as well as seeing my regular OB, but had been released from the HR clinic and told I was fit as a fiddle and could deliver in my home town. At my OB appointment this week I was told the plans have changed - I now have to re-visit the HR clinic for a detailed ultrasound of my uterus, placenta, all the blood vessels, and of course the baby. Then in all likelihood I'll need to return for an MRI of the same parts, and I'll only be permitted to deliver here (as opposed to two hours away at the hospital where the HR clinic is) if both the tests come out clear and the OBs are satisfied with what they see. I know they're doing what's best for me and the baby, but I'm fed up with doctor's appointments and tests at this point -- all I want is to have this baby out so I can start loving him. :hissy:

Thanks for listening.

:hugs:

january does seem like ages away i know but it will fly by and soon we'll be holding our little babies, laughin at how impatient we were lol

xxx

Oh, you poor thing. I hate times like this. I hope things start to look up for you and you feel a bit better soon x x

:hugs: Hope your feeling a bit better and brighter soon. x

oh hun, sorry your feeling down, i do feel for you, there have been days when i feel like that and every little things is out to get you down, just think it wont be too long now till you meet your baby and the docs are trying to do their best to make sure everything goes ok, as for the lady at lunch you should have said a rude comment back i wouldnt have been able to resist, i find it really offensive when people make comments like that 3 ladies in one day said to me last week, god lou you look really rough and like your struggling, i was like thanks very bloody much

Lou
xxx

Aww you poor thing, hope your feeling a bit better soon :hugs:

:hugs: I know it really sucks but if it helps any, yesterday I felt the best I have all pregnancy, maybe those of us who suffer throughout get a little respite right towards the end?

oh hun *hugs* i never ever thought i'd get to my due date, i was so fed up of bein pregnant and realy just wanted it all over!! was convinced she was gona be early. well i'm like 5 days off my DD and i think she's stayin in there. it feels like ages, but believe me it flies. hope you feel better soon xxxx

Aww hun your having 'one of those days' where everything is just getting on top of you. I had a few of those when I reached 8months preggo where i just felt restless and bothered. You'll experience different kinda days some where you feel great and others like these. I can understand completely about the acid reflux it is horrible, I personally haven't taken anything for it but I know some of the other ladies can recommend something for it. I hope your feeling better soon. As for feeling unattractive that is a common occurance for many ladies. Why not get yourself pampered have your hair done or nails, something that will boost your confidence. x

Aww hun the time will soon fly by. Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->