It's official - I'm 31 weeks w twins and as big as a 40 week singleton mum-to-be

Heramys

It's TWINS!!
Reaction score
I had an appointment with midwife yesterday evening and although I kind of knew, she confirmed that I am as big as 40 weeks (all bump). No wonder I'm so bl**dy uncomfortable and I've got 2 more months of this. And she told me to slow down, which I can't as I'm not that kind of person, but probably will have to in a few weeks time anyway.
Next week I'm having a consultant OB meeting and we are going to discuss induction or sectio if they haven't arrived by themselves at 38+0.

I've read that some of you bouncing on a ball helpes the cervix to mature a bit by the weight? Did it work for you? I'm thinking of starting at 36 - 37 weeks. I rather be induced than a C-sec so want to try and help things along towards that.

Have they referred you for a scan to see why you're measuring so far ahead? Seems odd they've just assumed big baby and are discussing induction/section. I measured ahead last time, this time too. Both times I've been referred to find out what's going on in there.

Yes having regular growth scans as its twins. Babies are normal but they are two in there. The discussion with consultant is initialised by me.

Ah right sorry, can I blame baby brain? :haha: Deary me no wonder you're uncomfortable :( I know bouncing on the ball can help to get baby to engage but I don't think it helps encourage labour sadly. More like a comfy place to sit :) for me atleast atm. I'd stress to your consultant that you really don't want a section & ask for his advice. The ball can't hurt though :)

Don't worry :D
I have pointed out I rather have vaginal than c-sec but its such high chance of emsec if they induce before the cervix is soft enough so thought I might try a few things to help it along the way.
I honestly think they'll arrive before that anyway but just in case.

Wow Heramys, two more months! I have a singleton 35w belly and am uncomfortable enough.

I know as medics we tend to me a bit skeptical of this stuff but with my first pregnancy I took evening primrose oil from 35w which apparently helps to soften the cervix. I asked my OB he said he didnt have a problem with me taking it if i wanted to, so i thought whats the harm. Well i dont know if it did anything or not, but she came at 37+4 and when the midwife examined me at 3cm she said my cervix was so thin and soft, it was barely there. I was holding baby 45 mins later! Maybe you could ask your OB and see if he's alright with you taking it?

Don't worry :D
I have pointed out I rather have vaginal than c-sec but its such high chance of emsec if they induce before the cervix is soft enough so thought I might try a few things to help it along the way.
I honestly think they'll arrive before that anyway but just in case.

I have read lots on here about using evening primrose oil to help soften the cervix? You may want to do some research yourself but its something else to bear in mind? Xx

I am also ahead...at 28+3 I am measuring 36 weeks. So uncomfortable! It is hard to believe there's 2 more months! I'm having to stop working as I can't keep going I'm so exhausted. I am going to make a note of that evening primrose oil tip though!

Thank you for the suggestion of EPO! I think I'll just try it as I have a feeling they don't know much about it here.
When to start? 35 - 36 weeks perhaps?

Katiekatie: I know! I knew I was gonna get big and uncomfortable before everyone else, but this is ridiculous :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->