Itti pics and questions

it will probably be iok to mix straight away...i have always just chucked them all in together and NEVER had any problem with them running:) i dont think i have any recent Itti pics....(i'm gonna start taking more recent ones :) ) but Daisy is wearing Medium and Larges ar rhe moment (tho larges are still a bit big and get a bit droopy sometimes) and the mediums are getting a little on the short side rise wise but they still definately fit :) will take some piccies and upload them soon :)

oh i forgot to mention...i got her weighed last week and she was 21lbs 6 ozs :)

Thanks Sara. :) Still no sign of my Itti :hissy: - wish it would hurry up, I am getting impatient!

Cheeks & Cherries. Have had email to say it's dispached.

Twiggy - what a lovely collection! I'm jealous now. :)

Mary - I'm definitely hanging around with you now. Jessie is wearing he very first itti now and I'm still confused. (hoping I did it right!) Hope you don't mind if I throw some questions out in your thread!!

How does the cross over snapping work? I noticed the snaps were different on one side but it didn't seem to make any sense.

Where's the best/cheapest place to buy additional inserts. I have the boosters that came with the nappy but that's it, and it feels kinda silly to have the SIO if it can only be used once anyway because I have nothing to replace the wet bit with! :) I also folded the bottom part of the inset over like my flip insert tells me to.. was that right?

Oh yeah - Mary, probably a dumb question... the itti you ordered from Cheeks & Cherries. Does it come with the two piece booster set? (Assuming it's arrived!) I would hope it does since that's essentially the diaper bit. It's just a good 3 pounds cheaper than at Fill Your Pants so I wanted to check. I want more!! :D

Becca, of course not, fire away with your questions!

My Itti still has not arrived, and I've never used one, so I can't answer your questions, but there are loads of Itti experts who I hope will...

THe one I ordered, from C&C, cost £12.50 (£14.50 with P&P) and yes it has the insert/booster set so far as I know! :D

Hope it gets here soon. I ordered mine from Fill Your Pants Monday afternoon and it was here bright and early Wednesday morning.

I just changed Jessie and it was all contained until the changing at which point I unsnapped her and she promptly peed sideways and drenched the wrap portion. lol no problem since I only have the one insert so far!

Oh and I figured out the crossing over bit. It's for babies with a tiny waist or making the nappy look nice for your stash pictures right? *grins* I played with the nappy without the baby in it. Made more sense then!

How does the cross over snapping work? I noticed the snaps were different on one side but it didn't seem to make any sense.

The cross over: looking at baby from the front: the right side clips on to the 2 middle snaps on the front of the nappy

Then the left hand side clips over the 2 snaps which are now in the middle of the nappy (but are attached to the right hand side)

SO what you end up with looks just like all the promo pics of Ittis - sounds complicated, but when you look at your Itti you will understand!

https://www.alipants.com.au/images/red-bitti.jpg

Where's the best/cheapest place to buy additional inserts.

I got mine from Twinkle Twinkle - but shop around, it also depends what else you get as for postage, so one place might be cheaper due to the low postage if you order more things.

Oh yeah - Mary, probably a dumb question... the itti you ordered from Cheeks & Cherries. Does it come with the two piece booster set? (Assuming it's arrived!) I would hope it does since that's essentially the diaper bit.

As far as I know , it doesnt matter where you buy Ittis from, if they are new and from a shop, they will have the 2 part booster; the hour glass top part (yellow poppers) and the tri fold bottom part (blue poppers)

The mini booster which attaches to the back of the hourglass insert is always bought separately to the nappy.

Well, it has arrived :D and the inserts are having an overnight soak before going in with the nappies tomorrow. :happydance:

Was tempted to try it on him without washing but I didn't even get the package open till after 5pm (we were out and my neighbour must have intercepted the postie because the bell didn't ring, so I didn't even know it was here till we passed it on the way out! There was me cursing the Royal Mail *again*).

Next question is - how easy will it be to get on him without him lying down? I have a child who rarely co-operates nowadays. :(

Its quite easy with them standing up - I do it regularly :dohh:

OK, great. (well, not great, I wish I had a compliant child so I could enjoy nappy time.)

Do you use a liner? The top booster is stay-dry, isn't it? I would normally always use a liner (other than with my BG v3s and Flips because I'm not precious about stains, I'll happily bleach them) but this whole refusing to lie down thing often results in the fleece liner bunching up (I fasten the tabs/poppers loosely and put them on like pants, then quickly tighten them when he lets me) and it doesn't look comfy. :(

I do use a liner, have done it too when she is standing up (why do they always want to stand up eh?!) and its been ok as I find the fleece kind of holds on to the insert and doesn't slip too badly

The best way I find for when they are standing is to kind of have them hooked over your shoulder with your one arm around them under their arm - that stops them escaping to a point, then I do the nappy up blind (I am becoming quite skilled at this malarky!)

Oooh, I'll have to try that. My current method (which changes all the time) is to put something he wants on a shelf that's just as far up as he can reach, because he cannot stand alone yet, only holding on, so he stands up stretching. I yank the nappy on and fasten quickly before he decides to sit down. It's the sitting that annoys me, I can do up a nappy and wrap with him lying (oh I wish), standing and crawling but I cannot do sitting. Yet. At this rate I will soon work out a sitting method, too. :dohh:

Finally - all soaked, washed and dried and on!

https://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv248/adam_elliott/IMG_1167.jpg

Yay!

https://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv248/adam_elliott/IMG_1172.jpg

Riiight, ok.

https://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv248/adam_elliott/IMG_1175.jpg

Byeeee!

Bless him, looks like a fab fit too :D

Yeah, I think the fit is ok! When I first put it on, I fastened it looser but it was gaping at his tummy, but tighter seemed a teeny bit too tight, but he didn't complain, so maybe it was ok.

I just noticed when he was sitting down and leaning right forward that there was gaping round one leg. Not sure if that was the position he was in because I never noticed it at any other time. It could have been the absolutely massive shit he'd just done, squeezing the leg open, though...

:rofl: I do find that on tighter settings (if i have to cross them over) i get a bit of wing droop but as she's getting bigger i don't have to cross them anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->