Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Teal- I hope the weigh in went okay today! :hugs::hugs: I just stopped getting Emma weighed because I was working myself up over it and it was really for nothing because she's always been just fine. She just comes in a smaller package than the average baby. :lol:

baby_maybe- :kiss: How you been? I'm glad your family pictures went well! I still haven't done anything on the weight loss front but I am going to start searched for healthy recipes after I get off here so hopefully I can start eating a little better. I always say this so we'll see if I hold to it. :blush::haha:

Flora- :growlmad: OMG! Your sister is a BITCH! Sorry but she is. I can't believe she'd be so nasty! I think she sounds insecure about her own parenting skills and she knows you are sensitive about your sons weight so she pulled out the big guns and went straight for the heart. :hugs::hugs: He is just fine and she is crazy for thinking otherwise. It sounds like her kids need discipline. It's a shame your parents are taking her side. She sounds like she has issues. I hope you feel pride in how well you are raising your son and he is absolutely perfect. Don't let her worry you. :hugs::hugs:

Cleckner - great weight gain! I totally understand your excitemement :flower:

Thanks WW1!! I know! It's crazy how exciting it is to see them gaining. But yet I get the opposite feeling when I step on a scale myself! :rofl:

Thanks WW1!! I know! It's crazy how exciting it is to see them gaining. But yet I get the opposite feeling when I step on a scale myself! :rofl:

I know that feeling oh so well! I wish there were a way of transferring my excess pounds over to Rebecca - although I think I may have rather too many to pass onto her :dohh:

Clerkner, yay Emma!!! That's a great weight gain. :happydance: Is hubby still home? When does he ship out again?

Teal- how'd the weigh in go???

Well, I went to the baby sensory group today & while I was there I had a good long chat with a HV (who was really supportive) and they weighed & measured Harry & did some developmental tests to see where he's at. She said he is coming up perfectly normal on absolutely everything! He is on the 9th centile now for weight (17lbs 1oz!!!), length & head, so is perfectly proportioned & on the line he was at birth, therefore growing exactly as they would expect him to. Developmentally he is spot on & he is very, very nearly crawling now (he goes backwards & round in circles but hasnt quite figured out forwards yet), so they said he'[s doing just great. She also said I was better off wihtout negatively influences like that in my life & to carry on being a great mum to my little boy & ignore other people's comments, lol.
So, I am reassured that Harry is just a bit on the smaller side of normal & as yummy as ever! So my sister & her immature friends can go screw themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Thankyou for the support though ladies. I am sooooo glad for this group!!!

WW1 (or anyone else actually) can you remember the codes to the 'i love my itty bitty baby' blinkies? I keep meaning to get one, but keep forgetting!

Flora - I'm so glad you had a good chat with the HV today. They can have their uses!

The code you're looking for is:

https://img901.mytextgraphics.com/
sparklee/2010/03/29/6bfd17743369f34ff3f7e63c5dc77da3.gif

I copied and pasted it from my signature so I hope it works! You will need to make it all one line of code (ie take out the new lines and any spaces). I tried to put it in exactly and it just showed the blinkie!

Flora - glad you're feeling reassured after chatting with your HV :hugs:

Our weigh in went great - he's now 11lbs 2oz. Still below the 2nd centile but it was a 10oz gain in two weeks :happydance:

Teal, that's fantastic! :happydance:

Thanks for the code WW1. (everytime i write that I think world war one, lol)

Teal, that's fantastic! :happydance:

Thanks for the code WW1. (everytime i write that I think world war one, lol)

I'd never thought of the world war 1 thing! It's actually my initials (well my maiden name initials!)

Hi ladies.
Gabriel just got weighed today. At 16weeks he's 9lb 7oz. The doctor had me supplement with formula because last week he was 8lb 9oz. He's still 0th percentile, but not nearly as low as he was. He'll never be a big baby. He was only 5lb 13oz when he was born. He's a generally happy baby though and hitting all his milestones. He's just my itty bitty boy.

seity, that's a good weight gain; i'm glad the top ups helped him! he looks so cute in your avatar! :)

Thanks flora. I think he's super cute, but I'm a bit biased. I'm currently taking fenugreek to try and up my milk supply and hopefully get back to fully BF.
I'm super happy right now because for the first time I got 5 hours sleep in a row last night. Having to wake and feed him every 2-3 hours for the past 3 months was exhausting and I've been back at work full time for a month and a half.

I dont know how people can work, and still feed every 2-3 hrs at night- it would KILL me! :dohh: harry only wakes once know at about 4am & it is heaven to get some decent sleep; enjoy it, lol! :)

flora- Hi! :wave: DH is still home for now but leaves in July for a month, comes back for a few days, than leaves for another month. :wacko: He is going to miss Emma's first birthday which is the worst part of it. But he'll be here the weekend right before so we are just going to celebrate than. Emma will never know the difference. :haha:

teal- Yay for good weight gain!! :happydance:

Seity- I had similar problems in the beginning and had to top up. Thankfully I only had to do it for a little less than 2 weeks. I ended up topping up, than pumping, and taking tons of fenugreek and eating lots of oatmeal. I hope you can get to a point in the feeding relationship that you can be comfortable with. :hugs::hugs:

Hi all :)

Sorry I've not been around for *so* long :blush: Life has kept me hopping :lol:

Hope everyone's Itty Bitty babies are doing well :) Romilly is plodding on like a little champion. We got her weighed 2 weeks ago, and she was 15lbs 7oz :) Which was a gain of 1lb 5oz over 7 or 8 weeks (I forget exactly). She is nearly (but not quite) at the 9th centile, I'm so proud of her :)

Was my health visitor happy? Was she dicky chook :( She is still yittering on at me about Romilly's weight, despite her nearly hitting the 9th centile after being off the bottom of the charts a few months ago. My HV really doesn't understand BLW, so doesn't get that milk is still Romilly's main source of nutrition. She is eating pretty well now, she's really started getting the hang of it over the last month or so, and has just this week dropped a bottle. But still... I end up leaving the clinic feeling like I'm a bad mother, and that all my parenting choices are being questioned and/or judged :(

Trying to focus on the fact that my daughter is healthy, happy, bright and generally wonderful (even if it is her mother who says it!), but I'm all hormonal right now and it's hard to not get upset /sigh.

Eala, you're NOT a bad mummy at all; it sounds like Romilly is doing really well. :hugs:

LO was weighed again today and he's not 11lbs 5oz. So he gained 3oz in 2 weeks. My health visitor was going on about how I really need to think about giving him formula. She initially mentioned formula a lot in the early days but after my gp said she was happy with how LO was doing regardless of his weight she dropped it.

Other than the slow weight gain he seems happy. He normally sleeps well at night (although past 2 nights he's been up every 2 hours but I put that down to a growth spurt) and during the day he feeds every 2 hours.

Just feeling the pressure now to introduce formula. I know there's nothing wrong with formula - it's just not what I want to do. :nope:
The health visitor also suggested to start weaning him early (he's 17 weeks tomorrow) - again something I really don't want to do.

Just feel really down now :cry: I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->