Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

dammit, now my posts are showing again? WTF??? confused now, lol.

Flora - it all sounds fab to me :thumbup:

Rebecca was weighed today and is now 12lb 11oz. She has put on 1lb 1oz in 4 weeks and is following her line (9th) - I'm happy with that! :happydance:

Yay!! Congrats on the healthy gain! I think I might bust out the Wii Fit soon and see what it says Emma weighs. :haha: All this talk about weight gain on here lately is making me curious. She has outgrown her size small fuzzi bunz so I'm thinking she must be at least 16 pounds now but who knows. :dohh:

OOOOOO congrats on all the weigh-ins, all good gains! :thumbup:
Sorry I havent been on for a while, keep meaning to post! cleckner04, are fuzzi bunz cloth nappies? Its an AWESOME name if they are!! :haha: Will put a pic of Logan on soon, he seems to be suddenly leaping forward in developmental stuff, he has 2 teeth through at once (bottom front), and standing whilst holding onto sofa a lot better now. Havent had him weighed for a while but not too bothered, I can see hes bigger so thats all right for me!
p.s. is the OP still on this group? Wanted to say hi if she was, and how is LO?
:hugs: to you all!
:flower:

Yup fuzzi bunz is a cloth diaper brand! :D I thought the same thing when I first saw them. Excellent name! They are my favorite daytime diapers too. :haha:

Yay for more gains!! :D

Wii fit? Does that tell you in lbs and oz? If so.... I might get one :p I'm sure I could use to work out anyways hahaha so it would be worth it!

Yup fuzzi bunz is a cloth diaper brand! :D I thought the same thing when I first saw them. Excellent name! They are my favorite daytime diapers too. :haha:

I'm trying cloth as soon as I get them in the mail (seems like forever since I ordered them!) and I'm excited and nervous LOL

I'm not sure about Lyre (the OP) & her son Max- haven't seen them around on here for quite a while now. Hope they're both doing ok?

This looks like a group for me!

My baby was 7lb5oz when born on 20th April, then dropped 3% of her birthweight by day 6 and is now (6 and a half weeks later) 9lb5oz so 2lbs up on birthweight. According to my HV that is a slow gain, but really it's been gained in the space of 5 weeks (as she lost some to start with), and has had to gain the birthweight back as well.

I was worried because she was following the 40th centile and is now on 25th, but I spoke to a few friends and have read a bit of this, and I just think so long as she IS gaining then I'm happy.

Lankydoodle, that weight gain sounds reallyt good to me. Babies often drop centiles, then steadlity gain them back over time. Personally, I think I'd be more worried if a baby suddenly jumps up through the centiles like the wind, lol. But yeah, every baby is different & centiles aren't the be all & end all of a healthy, well developed baby. And especially since your LO had a tongue tie, which often hinders feeding & gaining, you've done extra well!

Yay for more gains!! :D

Wii fit? Does that tell you in lbs and oz? If so.... I might get one :p I'm sure I could use to work out anyways hahaha so it would be worth it!

It doesn't say ounces but it does say like 9.2, etc. :thumbup: As for working out on it, is THAT what those are for?! :winkwink::haha:

I'm trying cloth as soon as I get them in the mail (seems like forever since I ordered them!) and I'm excited and nervous LOL

I have more coming in the mail. They are addicting. Don't be nervous at all! I am just now getting back to putting Emma in them 100% of the time. She had a nasty rash that just didn't want to go away. She still has it a little but I've finally found cloth safe rash cream. :thumbup:

My health visitor suggested I wake up LO during the night to feed (he normally sleeps an 8 hour stretch) but it seems pointless. He's not happy when I disturb him and he just falls asleep at the breast so isn't feeding anyway :( Surely if he was hungry he'd be making a huge fuss. He feeds really well during the day and I'd been expressing to top up his feeds.

I'm not sure there is anything else I can do.

I think I'm feeling more stressed about his weight than usual today is because one of my friends commented on how little he looks. :( xx

Teal, Harry was sleeping through still at G's age... I'd been waking him in the first few weeks, but it didn't make a huge difference to his weigh gain tbh... Rather than waking him, could you try dreamfeeding him before you go to bed? Even if he only snacks for 5 mins, I suppose it's better than nothing at all, and because he hasn't woken up properly, it shouldn't affect his actual sleeping problem :shrug: I am sure that if your son was unhappy or hungry, he would let you know; if he seems fine, the only thing you can do is keep feeding on demand & try your best to ignore other people's comments. It's only been this past month that people have started commenting on Harry not being little; in the end, I just say stuff like good things come in small packages, or that he's a shorty like mummy n daddy, and people usually back off.

How much does Gabriel weigh now? At 13 weeks, Harry was 10lbs 4oz & was between the 0.4th & 2nd centile lines, which was where he stayed until he was 24 weeks. Is your son following a curve so far, or is he dotted about all over the place? As long as he's following a nice, steady curve, try not to worry!!!

I have more coming in the mail. They are addicting. Don't be nervous at all! I am just now getting back to putting Emma in them 100% of the time. She had a nasty rash that just didn't want to go away. She still has it a little but I've finally found cloth safe rash cream. :thumbup:

Hmm I never thought of that... what is the rash cream called? Just in case :p She shipped them yesterday I believe so I should get them mid-next week! :D

My health visitor suggested I wake up LO during the night to feed (he normally sleeps an 8 hour stretch) but it seems pointless. He's not happy when I disturb him and he just falls asleep at the breast so isn't feeding anyway :( Surely if he was hungry he'd be making a huge fuss. He feeds really well during the day and I'd been expressing to top up his feeds.

I'm not sure there is anything else I can do.

I think I'm feeling more stressed about his weight than usual today is because one of my friends commented on how little he looks. :( xx

:hugs: Kayleigh didn't cry for food at first as she was jaundiced but after a month or so she sure let us know she was hungry and we stopped waking her for feeds. Little and sick are two different things :) Don't let comments worry you too much hun, I hear how tiny Kayleigh is all the time :p

Teal- You honestly can't force feed a baby. If your LO is having plenty of wet diapers and dirty diapers, seems happy, and meets milestones, than he is seriously just fine! I would have to look back to see what Emma weighed at that age but I can tell you right now it wasn't much. She gained an average of 1 pound a month. That's it. Since than I've stopped worrying because Emma is happy and that is all that matters. :hugs::hugs: I know how upsetting comments can be. That's what we are here for though. We've been there hun. Heck we are STILL there. I think at most Emma only weighs 16 pounds right now. That's just barely double her birthweight at nearly 10 months! But I have learned to stop worrying because it was to the point that I couldn't enjoy her as I should because I was worried constantly. :hugs::hugs:

Baby_maybe- Well you can use california baby rash cream on it. Burts bees also. I bought some from cotton babies too but I can't remember what its called. Earth mama bottom balm or something like that. Online cloth diaper stores tend to have cloth safe creams. Alot of people put a layer of fleece or a liner in when using rash cream but I haven't been and it washes out just fine. :thumbup:

Teal- You honestly can't force feed a baby. If your LO is having plenty of wet diapers and dirty diapers, seems happy, and meets milestones, than he is seriously just fine! I would have to look back to see what Emma weighed at that age but I can tell you right now it wasn't much. She gained an average of 1 pound a month. That's it. Since than I've stopped worrying because Emma is happy and that is all that matters. :hugs::hugs: I know how upsetting comments can be. That's what we are here for though. We've been there hun. Heck we are STILL there. I think at most Emma only weighs 16 pounds right now. That's just barely double her birthweight at nearly 10 months! But I have learned to stop worrying because it was to the point that I couldn't enjoy her as I should because I was worried constantly. :hugs::hugs:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
You said it perfectly lol!

Baby_maybe- Well you can use california baby rash cream on it. Burts bees also. I bought some from cotton babies too but I can't remember what its called. Earth mama bottom balm or something like that. Online cloth diaper stores tend to have cloth safe creams. Alot of people put a layer of fleece or a liner in when using rash cream but I haven't been and it washes out just fine. :thumbup:

Thanks hun! I shall check it out tomorrow, it's my bedtime... well past it now :dohh: but we watched Alice in Wonderland :D

Thanks so much for the replies :hugs:

florabean - since 7 weeks he had been following a curve just above the 2nd centile but last week (at 13 weeks) he was 10lbs 8oz so dropped below the 2nd centile. His birth weight was 8lbs 11oz which I'm sure was the 75th centile - although at 4 days old he lost 12% down to 7lbs 11oz.

I'll try dreamfeeding tonight and see how we get on with that. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->