Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Go Gabriel! That's a fab gain, Teal :happydance:

Bloodbinds - :hi: Bella is gorgeous and great that she is hitting all her milestones. :happydance::dohh:

Snugglebot - :thumbup: So pleased that the combo feeding is working out for you both. Such a brilliant weight gain you must be thrilled. Unfortunately Megan didn't sleep any better with formula either. I've since learned the ability to sleep doesn't have anything to do with full bellies. Please don't let Finley CIO though there are better methods. Have a look at the Sleepsense Support post on here they are very supportive. Or if you are really stuck, google Pam Nease, sleep consultant. She's based in Kelowna, BC and really helped us.

Tryin4Number3 - :hi: I had to top up Megan after BF and she would only take 1/2oz, if that, after each feed so 3oz is surprising but absolutely amazing. :happydance: Good luck at the weigh in.

Seity - So pleased that Gabriel is doing so well and sleeping better too. :hugs:

Teal - Absolutely awesome weight gain for Gabriel!!! :happydance:

Florabean - WTG Harry - You must be so excited. Lots of babyproofing now. :haha: I can't wait until Megan starts crawling. I think she will be a lot less frustrated although she's so inquisitive, she'll be into everything I'm sure.

Florabean will already know this as we speak on another post, but I'm having dreadful trouble with Megan refusing to eat solids at the moment. She was doing great and loved fish, chicken, veggies and all fruit I made and pureed. Now she is flatly refusing anything but yoghurt, toast and cheerios. I don't know whats going on. She won't eat lumps so its proving a huge problem. And she doesn't seem to put finger food, except cheerios, in her mouth just squishes it. I've put a post on the TW support thread but no-one can offer any suggestions on that. I'm doing the carpet picnics and playing with food with her but not getting anywhere at the moment. Such a worry as she can't afford not to eat. :cry: She hasn't really upped her milk intake either and is still low at 10-14oz a day only. I'm dreading the next weigh in. :sad2:

megewansmum - Thanks for the sleep advice. I actually have been using sleep sense practice for bedtime routines since he was 3 months old and he never had a problem falling asleep at night. I haven't started tackling nightime wakings or the soother yet. Now that we have the weight issue understood and looking like it is resolved, I think we can start looking at nightime waking issues.

Hi everyone :flower:
Well elsie had her weigh in and as much as it pains me to admit it the formula must be doing her some good cos she put on 11.5ozs in a week! Thats more than she'd put on in 8 weeks before that! She now weighs 9lb 6oz and is exactly on the 9th centile :)

Florabean: She's on cow and gate formula at the minute but i think i'm going to change her to a different one as she's having 6 dirty nappies a day at the minute! Don't know if thats normal for combi-fed babies but its a big change from 1 every 2-3 days when she was BF only.

Oh yeah, forgot to say as well; something made me laugh today... some woman stopped me to have a look in the pram and said "ooh she's big isn't she!!" erm, actually, no she's not! reminds me of when i was still pregnant and everyone had a comment on whether they thought the bump was massive or tiny! (never just big or small) lol

Finley was pooping a ton more once I started formula, but as some ladies here told me it would...it has thankfully calmed down.

p.s. Before combo feeding and solids, Finley was a 10-12 poop a day exclusively bf baby, so I say lucky just having 6! :rofl:

Ahhh, Bella has not put on any weight for the last 2 weeks :dohh:

Any suggestions girls?

I'm already adding cheese, butter, cream and philidelphia to meals! What more can i do :shrug: She gets about 4 breastfeeds a day, and though i offer more she won't take it. Along with 3 meals and snacks! Don't know what else to do? :-(

Excellent news Trying4! Gabriel gained 13oz the first week on formula moving him up to the .1 percentile and making him 9lb 7oz at 16 weeks, so your girl is doing fab. He pooped a bunch more at first and then it calmed down. He's settled at 1 poop every day or two, but it was about 6-8 a day for a while there. I think it's their system getting used to more food.

Bloodbinds - I hear avocado is also an excellent source of healthy fats.

Ohh yes, i do usually give her avacado once a day (or every other day depending how much my local has in stock lol)

BB - At 9 months is she more active? Crawling/walking? It may just be a temporary plateau with her burning more calories than usual.

Tryin4Number3 - What a fantastic weight gain for Elsie :happydance:

Bloodbinds - I would've suggested everything you are doing & avocado. I can't think of anything else other than that. That is what I try to do with Megan (when and if she does eat!). But like PP said perhaps has she become more active? Also I got really depressed getting LO weighed weekly or fortnightly. I now have her weighed monthly and it really makes a difference. Over the month she can gain more in the last couple of weeks than she would at the beginning or vice versa and I don't seem to worry about it so much.:hugs:

one thing my ped said to us is we weren't to weight Finley anymore until he was a year old because their weight stops and starts alot now that they are moving but also eating solids.

That said, Finley is on the 20th centile and he was generally not worries about his slow weight gain, since it was slowest when he was younger. So your drs might want a closer watch?

Yeah she has been crawling for a couple of months. She lost weight about 6 weeks ago and they thought the crawling might have been the reason, then she continued to stay the same weight :-/ I'm getting her weighed again today and desperatly hoping she's put something on!! :-(

Good luck with the weigh in bloodbinds.

hi ladies in here my daughter is small and they are worried about her weight but reading in here has made me feek a lot better xx

:wave: Welcome mummy_em! How much does Ella weigh now?

12lb 3oz puts her around 6th percentile for girls. That's not so bad at all.

:wave:

Been meaning to post in her for a while now.

I have a small little un. My daughter is at the bottom of the chart for weight.
At one point she was completely off the chart we had to take her to the hospital as she was withdrawn, had sunken eyes and just slept all the time.in the end the thought it was a nutrition problem and the hospital agreed with the gp and suggested formula top ups as she had started loosing weight. She was weighed Again a week later and had put on a couple of oz's so we were told to carry on with the top ups and see the hv regulary.
After a few more days my daughter started going of the breast and would scream whenever I offered it she would become so distressed we would have to in the end five her formula as I couldn't get anything when I expressed, I kept trying to breastfeed but soon gave in and went to formula as I was getting upset with it all and so was she.
She soon changed when on formula she starting staying awake longer, her eyes weren't sunken and she started kicking about ECt like she should have been doing, she also started putting on weight again, slowly but that was better than anything.

Hv is now happy with her and has now put her small weight down to being a little gainer rather than a nutrition problem, so even though I'm absolute gutted breast-feeding isn't happening anymore I'm happy she's healthy and happy!
She's now started grabbing toys, rolling front to back and even screeching n gurgling it's lovely.

Anyway sorry for my babbling xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->