Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

That's a brilliant gain Snugglebot, well done Finley! :D

I'll probably get my LO weighed again in a couple of weeks, if my timetable fits in with the clinic times :D

Gabriel's 6 month appointment is this Wednesday, so I'll get to see how much he's gained in the past two months. I think he's still playing catch up with his weight, so I hope he'll be up around the 1st or 2nd percentile finally.

Just wondering if I belong in here?? Harrison was born at 36.3 weighing 5lb 12 1/2 oz, now at 4months he is weighing 12lb 3oz. He is between the 9th and 25 centile. that small enough to belong in here??? lol xxx

Seity - hope all goes well on Wednesday :)

bathbabe - You're more than welcome :) :flower:

Hope everyone and their LO's are doing good!

seity - good luck tomorrow!

bathbabe - hello and welcome :flower:

excellent gain snugglebot!

welcome bathbabe :)

seity good luck tomorrow with gabriel's weigh in!

callie started rollie from her back on to her front yesterday and has done in loads since, a so happy, but nows shes fustrated she cant move forward haha! bless her!

We're back and he's now 13.45 lbs, 25.25 inches, and 16.6 in HC. He's tracking on target around the 5th percentile on HC and length, and his weight is around .5th percentile.
So, he's kind of on the charts now -LOL
The doctor is happy with his weight gain because he's slowly getting closer to the 5th percentile line he was born on and since he's such an active baby figures it's just taking a bit longer than it might otherwise. He's already crawling and will spend over an hour jumping in his Jumperoo. That has to burn a ton of calories.

Yay Seity, that's brilliant news! :) Go go Gabriel!

x-li-x - Go Callie on rolling! It took my LO ages to figure out rolling, as she wasn't in a cot at night so couldn't "practice" :rofl:

I'm getting Romilly weighed next Wednesday. She certainly feels heavier to me, but is so much more active now that I'll be happy if she's put on any weight at all :) Can't believe that my itty bitty baby is going to be 1 a week tomorrow :shock:

hey ladies. Got harrison weighed today he was18 weeks on friday, and today weighed 12lb 12oz! 9oz in 2weeks! X

Wow, that's a brilliant gain! Well done Harrison :thumbup:

That's an excellent weight gain. He's almost caught up to Gabriel!

Hi ladies, my little man is 19 weeks old and fully BF. he has lost 2oz in 4 weeks and i dont know why. He's gaining length fine though. Has this happened to any of you? I'm really worried I am starving him :( Its great to find this thread and know that not all babies pile on the weight, I just feel useless when I hear how much weight some babies are gaining :( x

Hi A3my :hugs:

Try to not worry too much. Babies hit a MASSIVE growth spurt at around 4 months, so that could be why. As you say, he's gained in length so he's still growing. Hopefully if you get him weighed again in another few weeks he will have gained again :hugs:

I got Romilly weighed today and, at not-quite-1-year-old, she is... *drumroll* 17lbs 7oz :dance:

I also got her length done, and she was roughly 70cms, so is now between the 2nd and 9th centiles for both length and weight :)

I'm really proud of her, that's 9oz in 4 weeks, with her starting to cruise, wanting to walk everywhere (holding our hands), and generally being SO active.

Sorry for the gushing, just a very proud Mummy here! :D :cloud9:

Hi Eala, thanks so much for the reassurance :hugs:

:thumbup:well done Romilly :thumbup: (I havent heard that name before, its beautiful!)

A3my - I agree with Eala. I expect your LO just decided to put on some length and the weight will catch up in a bit. Babies tend to grow in fits and bursts. Even the mental developments can cause your baby to burn a bunch of calories and the parents get concerned when the baby suddenly starts eating a lot, but not gaining in weight or length.
Eala - Excellent news! Romilly is doing very well to be cruising already!

Thanks Seity :hugs: I'm so glad to hear its OK! He's obviously just going to be a skinny baby. I dont feel like such a failure anymore.

Eala glad to hear romilly is doing well. :)

Callie at 6 months now weighs 11 lb 15 dont know her length or hc or anything hv never does it. Shes rolling alot now getting all over the place by rolling, shes laying on the floor now flat and can get her head n half her back of the ground a far bit before giving up so shes doing well. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->