Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

:hi: Haven't been in here in awhile as Lucy is gaining well with the formula top ups. I think she's approaching the 15th centile as she's getting toward 10lbs. I'm not sure if the weekly home visits with weigh ins are normal at this stage/here or if they are doing it as she was not gaining at all/losing at first.

Haven't been in here for a while, hello again everyone! My placement kept me hopping, and I feel like I'm only catching up properly now :blush:

Welcome to all the new Mummies who have joined in, hope you and your babies are doing well :wave:

Bloodbinds - how did Bella's weigh in go?

x-li-x - Glad to hear your LO is doing better now :hugs:

bky - Yay that your LO is gaining well! 15th centile is great! Not sure about the home visits, I didn't have any after LO was um... 6 or 7 weeks old, I think!

So, I had LO weighed again today. This is the first time in about um... well, at least 5 or 6 weeks! She is now 16lbs 14oz :dance: A 14oz gain since the last time! Which is amazing, considering that when I last got her weighed, she was only just starting to bum-shuffle, and now she is crawling everywhere like there is no tomorrow! I'm really pleased :D

Eala glad to hear the weigh in went well for you.

callie is around 10lb 15 now, so still small but shes putting on weight so thats great, shes really trying to turn back to fromt at the mo but cant quite make it yet bless her so gets fustrated but im sure sh will be there soon!

how is everyone else and your lo's doing? this thread seems to have gone dead :-(

x

Gabriel is doing well. I can weigh him on my scale at home, but it's +/- .5 lbs, so not very accurate when you're talking baby weights. He's around 13.5 lbs at 6 months. He has his 6 month doctor's visit and round of vaccinations on the 22nd and I'll get an accurate weight at that time.

:hi: sorry I've been super busy so i've not had time to be on here much.
Harry's doing ok. He's due to be weighed tomorrow, so until then I haven't a clue what he weighs anymore. I'm guessing 19-20lbs but who knows?! I tink we should be getting a letter through soon about his 1 year check-up & next lot of injections too. Can't believe he'll be 1 next month- tis crazy!

Haven't been in here for a while, hello again everyone! My placement kept me hopping, and I feel like I'm only catching up properly now :blush:

Welcome to all the new Mummies who have joined in, hope you and your babies are doing well :wave:

Bloodbinds - how did Bella's weigh in go?

x-li-x - Glad to hear your LO is doing better now :hugs:

bky - Yay that your LO is gaining well! 15th centile is great! Not sure about the home visits, I didn't have any after LO was um... 6 or 7 weeks old, I think!

So, I had LO weighed again today. This is the first time in about um... well, at least 5 or 6 weeks! She is now 16lbs 14oz :dance: A 14oz gain since the last time! Which is amazing, considering that when I last got her weighed, she was only just starting to bum-shuffle, and now she is crawling everywhere like there is no tomorrow! I'm really pleased :D

Can't believe i forgot to tell you girls the good news! :dohh:

Bella has put on a pound!! :happydance: So is now 16lb2oz (and maybe more now, who knows!) i think i can definitely feel the weight she has put on, and we have a good feeding schedule i think at the moment so i'm quite happy with her progress, especially since the minimum she needed to put on was 8oz, so to have put on a pount is so fab for us! She hasn't quite moved up a percentile (~still on 9th) but i'm hoping another good month and we might get onto the 25th :-D

Bloodbinds, that's fantastic! Well done Bella :dance:

Flora - hope your weigh-in went well today :)

x-li-x - that's good that your LO is still gaining :thumbup: I'm sure she'll get the hang of rolling before you know it ;)

thats great news bloodblinds, well done bella, and mummy!! hope it keeps up.

thank you eala, i think she will catch on soon, shes getting so close.
im so gla shes gaining finally after all the weight losses and 2 oz gains, i feel now the weight gain at each weigh in is just going to keep improving and become more and more!

x

Hope everyone is doing well :hugs:

I had my LO weighed again yesterday and he's now 15lbs 12oz so he's jumped to above the 9th centile line :happydance: Still small but he's getting there.

Not seeing hv now until he's 7.5-8 months for his development checks :happydance: told her I didn't feel there was the need to weigh him every 4 weeks since I feel he's doing fine xx

Way to go Bella!
teal - great news. We don't take Gabriel for extra weight checks either.
:happydance: all our itty babies are putting on the lbs slowly but surely.

I had my LO weighed again yesterday and he's now 15lbs 12oz so he's jumped to above the 9th centile line :happydance: Still small but he's getting there.

Not seeing hv now until he's 7.5-8 months for his development checks :happydance: told her I didn't feel there was the need to weigh him every 4 weeks since I feel he's doing fine xx

That sounds great! But if he's months then that would be the 25th percentile line methinks? You've got me worried! Lol. If your LO is 15lb12oz and on the 9th percentile at 6 months then Bella should be below the 9th percentile if she's 16lb2oz at (almost) 10 months! I hope not :-/ Confused now! Lol. x

Avas 9-12 sleepsuits are getting tight :happydance: at nearly 17 months i should hope so :lol: x

I've been using https://www.infantchart.com/ to get percentiles. Based on that: teal your LO is at 15.75% and bloodbinds your LO is at 4.5%.
It places Gabriel around 1.5%
HannahGraceee - Today Gabriel is wearing NB size pants. His 0-3 clothes are starting to get tight, so I'm hoping to move to 3-6 clothes soon.

Double post.
I think I put your LO's info into that site correctly.

That sounds great! But if he's months then that would be the 25th percentile line methinks? You've got me worried! Lol. If your LO is 15lb12oz and on the 9th percentile at 6 months then Bella should be below the 9th percentile if she's 16lb2oz at (almost) 10 months! I hope not :-/ Confused now! Lol. x

don't forget that boys and girls have different charts as boys grow quicker than girls. A boy would be on a lower percentile if he weighed the same as a girl of the same age.

Apologies if i'm stating the obvious but it took me a while to twig that!! :hugs:

I had another look at my red book with the growth charts in it - he's in between the 9th and 25th centil line but closer to 9th centile line so seity 15th sounds about right.

ww1 - you're right - the growth charts for boys and girls are different :flower:

I've been using https://www.infantchart.com/ to get percentiles. Based on that: teal your LO is at 15.75% and bloodbinds your LO is at 4.5%.
It places Gabriel around 1.5%
HannahGraceee - Today Gabriel is wearing NB size pants. His 0-3 clothes are starting to get tight, so I'm hoping to move to 3-6 clothes soon.

:dohh: Bugger.
But then again that is American... so doesn't count, right?! Lol.

don't forget that boys and girls have different charts as boys grow quicker than girls. A boy would be on a lower percentile if he weighed the same as a girl of the same age.

Apologies if i'm stating the obvious but it took me a while to twig that!!

Oh good!! Thank you! Lol. :hugs:

great weight gains everyone! :happydance:

Harry's now 19lbs 3oz (although, he had just glugged a 5oz beaker of water about 20 mins before he was weighted, but who cares, right?! lol) so that puts him just a teeny smidge under the 25th centile line for boys of his age, so I am SUPER pleased! :)

Hope everyone's doing ok? :hugs:

Girls,

I only was here for a short time but I think Finley and I have solved our weight gain problem. Switching to formula gave him a 20% jump up in percentiles from 15 to 35 in only a month or so. Definitely a supply/quality issue with the BM. I still nurse at night, although if we ever get him to sleep through the night, that will obviously end too.

Anyways, I can't exactly call him an itty bitty baby anymore. :hugs: to you all and hope your LOs keep doing awesome which it sounds like they are.

He weighed in at 19lbs 11.5 oz

snugglebot that's fantastic news! It's good to hear Finley is thriving so well on formula. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->