IUD or Vasectomy?

Oh no! Did they not cauterize him well enough - or something else? Hope everything’s ok!

Oh no! Did they not cauterize him well enough - or something else? Hope everything’s ok!

He has what looks like a small hematoma. The doctors did an ultrasound on him and said it is nothing to worry about and suggested he switch from ice to heat. He wasn't thrilled with how nonchalant the doctors were about it, but I tried to assure him it was because there really was nothing to worry about. I did not want to tell him not to worry though until he saw the doctor.

He stayed home from work to rest all day.

I hope his hematoma clears up soon. Those do sound painful.

My dh was off work for 3 days after his vasecomty. When he went back to work he was in quite a bit of pain that next week. He found sitting pretty painful. I know one side continues to bother him now and he's 5 weeks post surgery. He did develop an granuloma on that side though so that's possibly why.

I hope his hematoma clears up soon. Those do sound painful.

My dh was off work for 3 days after his vasecomty. When he went back to work he was in quite a bit of pain that next week. He found sitting pretty painful. I know one side continues to bother him now and he's 5 weeks post surgery. He did develop an granuloma on that side though so that's possibly why.

I hope we don't get one of those too!

He had it Friday, so he was off for 3 days and went back to work on Monday. He only had enough big painkillers for 3 days too (which is fine because they make him too drowsy to function) so he switched to Ibuprofen the day he went back tot he office. Apparently he barely made the day, and he noticed the hemotoma, which is where the majority of his pain was coming from. He said the pain isn't constant, it's when he moves "the wrong way" and it is a gripping, stops you in your tracks kind of pain. He'd prefer a constant, dull ache.

Yeah, it feels like the information the doctor gives out kind of minimizes the pain afterwards.

I think the pain is really minimized too. The urologist made it sound like his procedure was pretty textbook so we expected the recovery you often hear about.

I never asked dh I assume his was probably a constant ache with a couple stop him pain instances. He complained for 3 weeks about the one side.

They gave dh 20 pain pills! He has a least half of them still. It was really excessive.

DH post op SA came back today and he is officially sterile! I know it was the right decision because I was actually happy at the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->