• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

No reason to be embarrassed. Everyone experiences things differently and the nurses know that.;)

Yeah, I'm trying to distract myself, too and not worry too much about the outcome of this IUI. I'll just wait and see.

Duphaston is basically a synthetic form of progesterone. It's supposed to help sustain a pregnancy should it occur.

How was the HSG experience for you? I know Lucinda said It's not that bad. But I've also read that a lot of women experience a lot of pain during the HSG.

I wish you all the best!! Stay positive!:flower:

No need to worry about HSG test at all. My anticipation killed me than the actual procedure. It was painful but it will be done in no time. Actual procedure will be 5mins max but the prep time of undressing, dressingup will take 15-20 mins.
You usually bleed after procedure for few hours (even after procedure too) and will have some cramping thats all.

I had cramping and some back ache but was ok in a day.I did it on friday,rested on sat and was ok later. so all the best for your HSG not to worry at all you will be fine. If you feel its going to hurt, take 2 advils half an hour before procedure.

I remember I was also prescribed antibiotics for 3 days before procedure not to have any scaring to fallopian tubes. ask about it to Dr.

Hello ladies:

How are you all doing? Any noticeable symptoms so far? It's my dpiui5 and absolutely feeling nothing except I had some cramping yesterday!

I should really give that to both of you for giving up on caffeine! I try but I need to have in the morning to keep me awake at work:coffee:, you both motivated me to quit lets see how I will do:)

Sticky dust to you ladies!!

Hello ladies im now 11dpiui and having major back ache, acne, and pretty bad cramping w/ gas. Im not sure if these are good signs or not since I've never had a BFP before.

Hello ladies:

How are you all doing? Any noticeable symptoms so far? It's my dpiui5 and absolutely feeling nothing except I had some cramping yesterday!

I should really give that to both of you for giving up on caffeine! I try but I need to have in the morning to keep me awake at work:coffee:, you both motivated me to quit lets see how I will do:)

So I beleive u and Oculi had ur IUI the same day n I'm one day behind u 2......so for me today it's 4 days past my IUI and no major symptoms here....I've just been testing out my trigger because I want to know when it's gone!
Yeah the caffine thing is hard especially when I was never a junkie but to not have it at all....no lattes, now that is hard!!! When I'm pregnant n give birth I think I will have someone run n get me one n bring it to the hospital!!!!
So back to the testing out my trigger....it's just about gone now at 5 days after it!!!

Hello ladies im now 11dpiui and having major back ache, acne, and pretty bad cramping w/ gas. Im not sure if these are good signs or not since I've never had a BFP before.

Don't know about ur symptoms as they are both symptoms of pregnancy and AF .....when do you test and or bloodwork?

Yes I've started drinking hot chocolate n such lol. As far as my trigger I noticed that the line was lighter compared to 2 days post trigger; today is 4 days post trigger for me. As for your meds it sounds like a good thing to b on ;)
And no worries....it's not too much info! Hummmmm I wonder what that was about???? As for myself there isn't much going on with me as far as symptoms....just happy that soon I will know if the IUI was successful or not.

lol! Yeah, sounds good but I'm sure it comes with a whole list of side effects, too..!

wow.. so it actually doesn't stay in the system for very long. Thought it would stay there for at least a week.

I don't know if I have to worry about that discharge or not. Today, I had a lot of it, too.:shrug::shy:

Will you test before 14dpiui or will you wait?

No need to worry about HSG test at all. My anticipation killed me than the actual procedure. It was painful but it will be done in no time. Actual procedure will be 5mins max but the prep time of undressing, dressingup will take 15-20 mins.
You usually bleed after procedure for few hours (even after procedure too) and will have some cramping thats all.

I had cramping and some back ache but was ok in a day.I did it on friday,rested on sat and was ok later. so all the best for your HSG not to worry at all you will be fine. If you feel its going to hurt, take 2 advils half an hour before procedure.

I remember I was also prescribed antibiotics for 3 days before procedure not to have any scaring to fallopian tubes. ask about it to Dr.

Thanks for the info. My doc actually did tell me to take painkillers before the procedure. That's why I was like:shock: and was wondering if it really is that bad. But I guess every woman experiences it differently.:shrug:

Your doc prescribed you antibiotics BEFORE the procedure? How come I didn't get any? Or maybe I'll only get it once I'm sure that this IUI was not successful.

Hello ladies:

Today is my 5dpiui as well. As for me, I don't have any major symptoms yet. Yesterday I had pretty bad cramps which lasted for about an hour. Ever since then I have a lot of discharge. Don't know what that is all about though...!:shrug: Did you notice any change in your discharge?

haha.. kudos to you! You can do it!!:D :happydance:

Hmm.. I find it very hard to distinguish between pregnancy signs and PMS. But since you're already 11dpiui you only have 3 more days to go before you can test!:) So, you'll find out very soon! :flower: I wish you lots of baby dust and sincerely hope you'll get your BFP!! :D

Oculi I plan on testing before 14dpIUI....will be looking at starting on day 10pIUI. As for the trigger everyone is different and I've read it being out of people's systems anywhere from 6dp trigger....so for me tom will be 6dp trigger and I'm guessing it will be gone by tom or Mon as it was barely visible today at 5dptrigger.
Nothing else with symptoms for me...

I see.

I wonder how long the egg takes to reach the uterus. Coz some say that testing before 14dpiui is unlikely to result in a BFP even though you might actually be pregnant (because the HCG levels might not be high enough yet for the test to detect).
I think I'll wait until 14dpiui before I test. I really hope we both don't have to see another BFN.

I see.

I wonder how long the egg takes to reach the uterus. Coz some say that testing before 14dpiui is unlikely to result in a BFP even though you might actually be pregnant (because the HCG levels might not be high enough yet for the test to detect).
I think I'll wait until 14dpiui before I test. I really hope we both don't have to see another BFN.

Don't really know about the timing but obviously 14dpiui is ideal. So any other symptoms with u?

Nope, no symptoms so far. Also don't know what to consider a symptom or side effect of the meds I'm taking. :shrug:
I gotta take the duphaston for 3 weeks in total. I don't even know if I have to stop taking the meds when af starts or not. Or maybe it'll delay my af since it's progesterone. Hmm.. Should probably write to my doc.

How about you? Any symptoms yet?

Nothing much on this end just like abdominal pain but not cramps...dont know if that makes sense. As of this morning the trigger was gone so i wont test again till 10dpiui....will keep you posted

[/QUOTE]

So I beleive u and Oculi had ur IUI the same day n I'm one day behind u 2......so for me today it's 4 days past my IUI and no major symptoms here....I've just been testing out my trigger because I want to know when it's gone!
Yeah the caffine thing is hard especially when I was never a junkie but to not have it at all....no lattes, now that is hard!!! When I'm pregnant n give birth I think I will have someone run n get me one n bring it to the hospital!!!!
So back to the testing out my trigger....it's just about gone now at 5 days after it!!![/QUOTE]

yes, today is dpiui8, 4 more days and we will know the result.I'm excited and alos feeling anxious at the same time.Hope to get BFP's for all of us this time.

haha, You definetly deserve a latte after you give birth :flower:

How is everything going on with you? any symptoms? good that your trigger shot is all gone. Do you want to test that early? (10dpiui).i cant stop myself too but I will wait until dpiui12.

good luck!

Thanks for the info. My doc actually did tell me to take painkillers before the procedure. That's why I was like:shock: and was wondering if it really is that bad. But I guess every woman experiences it differently.:shrug:

Your doc prescribed you antibiotics BEFORE the procedure? How come I didn't get any? Or maybe I'll only get it once I'm sure that this IUI was not successful.[/QUOTE]

yes, some people dont even feel it and some have cramping for long time. I had cramping for a day but was fine. Dont worry about it, not sure if it helps but I was envisioning my future baby and was breathing in and out saying 'its all for the baby' haha... it helped :)

Today is my 5dpiui as well. As for me, I don't have any major symptoms yet. Yesterday I had pretty bad cramps which lasted for about an hour. Ever since then I have a lot of discharge. Don't know what that is all about though...!:shrug: Did you notice any change in your discharge?

haha.. kudos to you! You can do it!!:D :happydance:
yup today is 8dpiui,no symptoms except I had AF like cramping yesterday and for a sec I thought my af is going to arrive, but realised its too early for af or BFP (CD22). anyways releived a bit. I'm waiting for the result at the same time scared to know the result. you know the type of feeling you get when you are seeing your grades in college?

no other symptoms, 4 more days, we will know!

good luck!

So ladies,
I've noticed the feeling of being wet ....aka discharge for the past two days and feeling bloated today. I also feel sore boobs....and the wait continues.

Anjanaa: well, I guess I'll find out soon. At least I'm mentally prepared if it's painful.
And yeah, I know what you mean. I can't wait to test but at the same time I'm scared I'm gonna get disappointed again. Then again, I sort of expect a BFN coz the odds seem to be kind of against me this cycle. Oh well, at least I'll have the HSG to look forward to. ;)

Lucinda: ooooooooh... I hope these are preggy signs! :D

Oculi,
Trying not to look into the symptoms as this could all be related to the clomid or the ovidrel....today i woke up feeling cramps like the ones i feel when AF is coming....so i'll start testing Friday (10dpo) and see what happens; if it didnt work this time around then i look forward to speaking to RE and see whats next.

Oculi,
Trying not to look into the symptoms as this could all be related to the clomid or the ovidrel....today i woke up feeling cramps like the ones i feel when AF is coming....so i'll start testing Friday (10dpo) and see what happens; if it didnt work this time around then i look forward to speaking to RE and see whats next.

Hello Lucinda,

Does Clomid stay in our body this long? I thought only trigger shots stay in your body for longer and give all these symptoms.

anyways how you both doing? any more symptoms.
@Oculi, are you planning to test earlier?

In my case, i did get severe cramping last night (9dpiui) to the point I just couldnt getup and today I'm fine except this morning I felt my breasts being really heavy.

Not sure whatever it means... anyways 2 more days i will know if its af or BFP!

good luck girls, and sticky dust to all of us!

Oculi,

I think both the Clomid and Ovidrel should be out of your system by now. So, it might or might not be related to the meds.
Good luck to you on Friday. I really hope you'll get your BFP. :)

In my case, i did get severe cramping last night (9dpiui) to the point I just couldnt getup and today I'm fine except this morning I felt my breasts being really heavy.

I don't think I'll test earlier. Tests here are really expensive and unfortunately they don't sell those really cheap ones anywhere. And Amazon doesnt ship to this country. :( So, I don't want to waste money since I know that chances are very slim for me to get a BFP this cycle anyway.

Plus, I don't have any symptoms whatsoever except for the discharge (which I think is related to the Duphaston), a bit heavier breasts (which I always get before af) and a bit of twinging here and there.:shrug:

I'm sorry to hear you had such bad cramping but I hope it was for a good reason! ;)

Anyway, I'll know for sure on Monday.;) Let me know when you girls test and if you have any more symptoms.

Good luck!:flower:

Oculi,

Hello Lucinda,

Does Clomid stay in our body this long? I thought only trigger shots stay in your body for longer and give all these symptoms.

anyways how you both doing? any more symptoms.

Honestly, I think clomid and Ovidrel are out of the system but I don't want to read too much into my symptoms is all. I have been okay no severe cramping today, just sore boobs and feeling bloated. Just wanting to know if the IUI worked so that I can move on to the next step. Please keep us posted of ur results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->