..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

I still didn't get AF but keep on getting brown spotting. So annoying. Wish af would just show up so I can start with a new cycle.

I feel the same way...just cramping for now but no AF; and HPT was BFN this am!

So just got off the phone with RE who stated that we will increase the Clomid this month and if this month is not successful then we will move forward with IVF as its the optimal treatment for my DH's issue.

I see. How many mg of Clomid will you have to take? Previously you took 50mg as well, right? Well, I sincerely hope the next IUI will work for you!!
Can I ask what exactly is your dh's issue?

I wrote to my doc and asked if I can stop taking the progesterone since I'm spotting but was told to keep taking it until I get my period.

I so wanna move on and go for the HSG and see whether dh's sperm count has increased.

So my DH has been on antidepressants for over a year and it has cause erectile dysfunction and problems producing a sample. Also when we did the SA his motility was way too low for the count and so RE thinks we have a better chance with IVF. Yes I was on 50 mg of Clomid and he said we could try 100 mg. He said he wants a repeat SA and to freeze the sample. I'm thinking I will do the SA ASAP and if its the same bad results then not going to try IUI anymore.

So my DH has been on antidepressants for over a year and it has cause erectile dysfunction and problems producing a sample. Also when we did the SA his motility was way too low for the count and so RE thinks we have a better chance with IVF. Yes I was on 50 mg of Clomid and he said we could try 100 mg. He said he wants a repeat SA and to freeze the sample. I'm thinking I will do the SA ASAP and if its the same bad results then not going to try IUI anymore.

I see. Well, I think if the chances of conceiving via IUI are low, then I don't think I'd waste my money and time on it anymore, too and go straight for IVF instead since success rates for IVF are much higher.
But I still hope your dh's SA has improved! I'll cross my fingers for you!

Once AF shows up, I'll call my doc and make an appointment for the HSG. If I happen to have blocked tubes then I think we'll go straight for IVF, too.
If my tubes are fine, we'll try another two IUIs provided my dh's sperm count has improved.

Thanks for the well wishes...gooluck on your HSG as well. Keep me posted as what your next step is. I too am waiting for AF

Thanks! And yep, sure thing! Keep me posted, too, ok? :)

Btw.. did they give your dh some meds to improve his sperm quality?

Man.. I really don't understand my body anymore. Before we tried to conceive, my cycles were textbook. Always on time, never any spotting. But ever since the first month we tried, my cycles have been all over the place and I'd either get mid-cycle spotting or spotting before AF arrives. The funny thing is, we took a break from TTC in September and that very month I didn't have any spotting at all and my AF was right on time again. I think my emotions are really messing with my body. So weird.

Oculi,
No DH was not given any meds to improve his motility....doctor says numbers are fine but its the motility that is a problem. The doctor says that ICSI will give us better chances since producing samples for repeated IUI is a problem. I dont think i will get SA in time to even try IVF this month so i might try the 100 mg of clomid and IUI? I dont know what to do...i wasnt expecting any IVF conversation and now i have to tell my DH to give another sample ASAP....this is all so overwhelming

oh and of course ill keep you updated...should i continue to update you on this thread or are you staying over at the Dec IUI?

It's up to you. I'll keep checking both threads. So, whatever's more convenient for you.;)

Hmm.. I think if you can't have the IVF this month then go ahead with this last IUI. who knows? Maybe you won't need the IVF anymore after this month! :)

As for me, I really really hope af is gonna show today so that my cd12 would be on Dec 24 and IUI on Dec 26. The clinic will be closed on Dec 25. So, if it starts tomorrow I'll have a problem. Been having cramps this morning but still no af!! Arrrrggghhh!

Same here spotting and cramps but no AF yet :(
I will keep writing on here ;) I'm planning on repeating the SA tom so I guess those results will give me my answer as to how to proceed.

Good luck tomorrow then!! I'll be thinking of you and will cross my fingers for you both!! :D When will you know the result of the SA? Tomorrow or do you have to wait?

Still no AF btw. Just hoping it won't show for at least another day.

They usually let me know by the end of the day; i will be at my job's xmas party so i wont be able to harrass them :( If i dont hear from then on Friday evening then i will definately call them by Monday morning.
Im just feeling so confused as to my next step without those results....i whould def start AF by tom which is Friday...meaning if im continuing with this cycle then i would need a new prescription for the new Clomid dosage and i would have to get blood test by Sunday and start the Clomid on Sunday. If my husband producing a sample was not so difficult i would def say that i would give IUI another try, but knowing that making him produce a sample tom and then another in 2 weeks ...only to have a slim chance....well it stresses me out and i don't want it to cause and argument with him or for him to say that we should give up completely...

Awwwww... I completely understand. Did you talk to your hubby about all that yet? It seems to be a very sensitive issue but I think it would probably still be good to talk to him about your options and just ask what he thinks about giving IUI one last try since IVF seems to be no option for this month. Would you be very upset if he'd like to skip this month (IUI) and go for IVF instead the following month (worst case scenario)?

AF still didn't show. I think I would have gotten my period already if I didn't have to take the Duphaston. I asked the nurse again if I can stop taking it since I'm not pregnant and I'm spotting since last Sunday. But she said I have to take it until Monday or until I get AF. So annoying. I wonder why? It seems like they're purposely delaying my AF which kind of angers me coz 1) I'd really like to move on and start with a new cycle and 2) I don't like that they're messing with my cycle! Oh well.. maybe I'm just too sensitive..! :shy:

Sorry yest was a crazy day for me as today is my moms birthday and she wanted to go go shopping yest... I was with her from 9-5 pm and then had to sit on traffic for over an hr n then get ready for my jobs Xmas party. After this disappointing cycle I had 3 glasses ofmy fav "white Russian".
So I'm still awaiting results of SA but my RE wanted me to start Clomid 100mg on day 2 which ended up being yest; AF arrived on Thurs early evening. I talked it over with DH n we r going to use the Clomid n discuss how to move forward after SA results.
Hope that AF shows up soon so that you can proceed!!!!

Oh that was supposed to say 3 glasses of wine n 1 glass of White Russian

Sorry yest was a crazy day for me as today is my moms birthday and she wanted to go go shopping yest... I was with her from 9-5 pm and then had to sit on traffic for over an hr n then get ready for my jobs Xmas party. After this disappointing cycle I had 3 glasses ofmy fav "white Russian".
So I'm still awaiting results of SA but my RE wanted me to start Clomid 100mg on day 2 which ended up being yest; AF arrived on Thurs early evening. I talked it over with DH n we r going to use the Clomid n discuss how to move forward after SA results.

Haha.. no worries. I hope you had fun shopping and a great time at the Xmas party! :) lol.. I completely understand! I would have done the same! :winkwink:

AF finally showed yesterday!:happydance: So, today I start taking the Clomid again. Couldn't reach the clinic as they're closed from Sat afternoon til Monday morning. So, gotta call them again on Monday and get an appointment for the cd12 scan and the HSG.
Honestly, the thought of doing the HSG kinda starts to freak me out. I'm so worried that there's something wrong with my tubes and/or uterus! :-#

I'm glad you were able to talk to your dh and decide together what your next step will be. :) So, you have to wait until Monday to get the SA results?

:growlmad:

Haha.. no worries. I hope you had fun shopping and a great time at the Xmas party! :) lol.. I completely understand! I would have done the same! :winkwink:

AF finally showed yesterday!:happydance: So, today I start taking the Clomid again. Couldn't reach the clinic as they're closed from Sat afternoon til Monday morning. So, gotta call them again on Monday and get an appointment for the cd12 scan and the HSG.
Honestly, the thought of doing the HSG kinda starts to freak me out. I'm so worried that there's something wrong with my tubes and/or uterus! :-#

I'm glad you were able to talk to your dh and decide together what your next step will be. :) So, you have to wait until Monday to get the SA results?

Yey I'm so happy AF finally showed for u!!!! Are u doing clomid 50 mg again? And don't freak about the HSG all will be well; uncomfortable procedure as u have the apparatus inside you for like 2 minutes. If the dr does not say that all is clear while ur having it done u should ask him right there and then...that's what is did...I asked the dr doing the HSG if all was clear.
AFM....I had a wonderful time at the Xmas party with my husband n coworkers n even got to go to a club afterwards....much needed night out with DH. Now of course I'm back to no drinking or caffine ;)
So it definately looks like ill be waiting until Monday to get SA results.....I'm just fearing it will another bad result as the amount of the sample was even smaller than the last one.....we shall see. Today is day 3 of the Clomid for me n RE wants me to come in Tues for ultrasound....which I really don't understand as to y so early ??? That will be Cd9.....I guess he wants to monitor closely bc of the clomid increase?

Yey I'm so happy AF finally showed for u!!!! Are u doing clomid 50 mg again? And don't freak about the HSG all will be well; uncomfortable procedure as u have the apparatus inside you for like 2 minutes. If the dr does not say that all is clear while ur having it done u should ask him right there and then...that's what is did...I asked the dr doing the HSG if all was clear.
AFM....I had a wonderful time at the Xmas party with my husband n coworkers n even got to go to a club afterwards....much needed night out with DH. Now of course I'm back to no drinking or caffine ;)
So it definately looks like ill be waiting until Monday to get SA results.....I'm just fearing it will another bad result as the amount of the sample was even smaller than the last one.....we shall see. Today is day 3 of the Clomid for me n RE wants me to come in Tues for ultrasound....which I really don't understand as to y so early ??? That will be Cd9.....I guess he wants to monitor closely bc of the clomid increase?

Yeah, I'm doing clomid 50mg again. Have you experienced any side effects from clomid 100mg yet? You take it cd3-7, right? Wonder what's the difference between taking it cd2-6 and taking it on cd3-7.:shrug:

I'm not actually worried about the HSG procedure itself or the pain it might or might not cause. I'm more worried about the result. I don't think I could take it very well if the doc told me that either one of both of my tubes are blocked or that something's wrong with the shape of my uterus. Then again, if there's a problem then at least I'd know why I still didn't get pregnant.
And yes, I'll definitely ask him or her if everything's clear. :)

Anyways.. I'll find out soon. My appointment for the HSG will be on Wednesday and on Dec 26 I gotta go for the cd12 scan.
I think this time, I'm gonna ask my doc if we could do an IUI the day after the trigger shot as well as the following day.

The last IUI was done more than 48h after the trigger shot. I'm just afraid that by the time they insert the sperm cells, the egg is not viable anymore since it's only fertile for 12 - 24hrs. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much..!:blush:
You did your IUI the day after the trigger shot, right?

I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you'll get good SA results!!
Yes, I think it's because of the clomid 100mg that you have to go in so early for the ultrasound.

I dont think im really experiencing any symptoms from 100 mg....just some cramping. No RE wanted me to start it cd2-6 and i really dont know what different a day would make...meaning cd3-7.
I dont think anyone would take it well to hear that there is a problem....so im hoping all is well with you! As you said it is better to know if there is not/is a problem so that you can scratch that off your list. So your HSG is just around the corner and that will be over with so you can go on to the next step!!!
I also tried to think about the timing of the IUI after the trigger shot but reasurred myself by thinking that RE should know what the hell he is doing...lol! Yes i had my IUI done about 24 hrs after my trigger shot.
so today i continue the waiting game for my SA results....and then follie check Fri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->