IUI GIRLS General chat , Clomid etc

I know how you feel, Tory123, I feel like my life has been on hold for two years.

The :witch: has come :cry:. Have to miss next months IUI as the hospital is closed over easter. A month off then before my 2nd round of treatment:

The :witch: has come to me too! No big suprise...we were trying on our own this month. I think we are going to continue trying on our own for a few more months. I really just don't know what to do at this point. Am I missing out on the precious eggs I have left by not using the Dr. these months? Or does my body need this break? It's nice not having the stress of shots and dr's appointments. At what point do you except that it's just not meant to be? I don't know!!!!!! :cry:

Hi there, I started my first IUI treatment this month and I'm on CD20. It has been a weird cycle as IUI wasn't performed. Basically I did my menopur injections from CD2 and had called the clinic on CD1 to arrange day 8 scan. DH had then told me that work wanted him to go to France to work the following week so I called up the clinic and spoke to the nurse and she said that she would give me the opportunity to cancel the cycle and start a fresh one as if I wasn't ready for IUI and the date had to be put back then it would be no good as dh would be away on the wed and Thursday and then if I were still not ready then they couldn't do it on the Friday as it was Good Friday and then the weekend (when they are shut anyway). I said that I would need to think it over so I said to the nurse that I would call her back. After much deliberating I called her back and decided to go ahead with the cycle in the hope that I would be ready to do the IUI on time. So my first scan was the following Thursday and the nurse said that I should have come to be scanned the following day anyway and that I was a day early(women on reception had told me wrong). So it was Thursday and my follies were only about 11mm and lining was low. So had to go the following day and be scanned again obviously nothing had progressed majorly and the nurse was expecting me to have responded better and be ready to do IUI on the following Monday. We decided that I would be scanned again on the Monday of the following week. Now obviously there was a problem in that I had explained to the nurse that dh would be away on the Wednesday and Thursday of the following week when we had worked out that IUI would be ready to do. By this time it was too late to change my mind as she had scanned me and we had decided that the treatment was going ahead. So we knew that IUI couldn't be done on the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday! Next appointment was on the Monday and as she had predicted I still wasn't ready. By now we knew that it definitely would not go ahead, Had to go back the next day. So Tuesday last week I went for my final scan on cd14(1 follie at 17.8mm and lining at 8.6mm) and the nurse gave me the go ahead for the pregnal injection which I did on the following day. She said to have :sex: on the thursday(when dh was back, Friday and Saturday. She said that although IUI had not taken place there was still a possibility that I could get pg.

I feel in one respect silly for carrying on with the cycle as I knew about the sitaution and had had the chance to change it. On the other hand, I thought that I could be ready for the iui as I had no idea before I was scanned how I would react. Next month is gonna be the same as dh is off again during (if all goes to plan) around the time iui will be schedulled. Have spoken to the nurse and explained this will happen again and she is getting me a new prescription from consultant for Puragon this time(as I didn't respond well to menopur) It will be ready before next period and so I can collect it before even it I don't do iui again next cycle it wiil be ready for May. Just feel like this whole thing is taking for ever. One of my friends is doing her first ICSI and she bypassed IUI through choice. Evereytime I speak to her she says that I should have gone straight to IVF, but the consultant wouldn't allow me to. I just feel a bit negative at the moment and my one consolation in going ahead with this cycle is that I have got one 'out of the way' and that I will be nearer to IVF-if I need that!

Sorry this post was so long-but needed to get it all off my chest!
Thanks for reading!
XXX

Hi Pixielou

I would of done the same thing as you to go through with it. It is such a wanting to have a baby that even a slim chance is worth it. Don't give up hope as who knows what will happen next IUI. I will be having my second IUI once the :witch: shows about the end of April. I missed a month off last month is this an option for you so you can time it with your DH work schedule.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->