• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

:hugs: samoorah & summer & ttcmoon

samoorah - FX that your first IUI is it! Let us know what they say.

River - how was the IUI today? I was just reading about triple layer endometrium that is definitely good news!! I've never tested out the trigger before so I can't be much help there.

Samoorah - so sorry to hear about AF! :hugs: What meds will you start taking? Hopefully iui #1 is what gets you your BFP!

ttcmoon - so sorry to hear about your BFN. Perhaps you are just slow to get your BFP? I always feel sad for a day or two, too. It is super frustrating to feel like you've tried everything and still fail. But usually once I get past day 1 of AF, I start to get excited for the next try. Will you change anything for your next IUI?

Summer - boo to your BFN, too! You aren't out until AF gets you so maybe you are just slow to get your BFP! Are you required to take a cycle off in between IUI's? Why would you need to do another hsg?

AFM - I had interesting rest of my day yesterday. Had a nearly positive OPK at 10am, took another OPK around 345 and it was nearly negative!! I've had problems with this in the past so I called my fs to figure out what to do. I didn't want to miss ovulation! She had me repeat opk at 9pm yesterday (neg) and early this morning (neg) and if all negative, I was told to come in today for another ultrasound to see if I ovulated or not. So I did... no ovulation, but doc thought I was close (I didn't have my fs, I had her partner/husband). Eggs had grown quite a bit since yesterday - now I have on the left side: 19.69, 20.45, 21.08 (and a 12, 13, 14!) and on the right side: 23.26, 16.28 (and a 12, and three 13s!). So, he told me to trigger this AM and come in for IUI #3 tomorrow!! I'm feeling pretty good, but am starting to stress out about multiples! Keep your fx for me that we only get 1 (max 2) sticky bean!!

Hatethewait, thanks for your good thoughts. Not counting on a surprise bfp, but I'm ok. I feel like I've been through the worst with the MC. Bfn shouldn't make me bat an eye ;) I still have 2 days till af. Will test again tomorrow for good measure as thats when my fs told me to test.

One fs (not my normal one) suggested the hsg since I had a suspected ectopic in April. I had a lap and dye in Jan that showed both tubes open, so I may or may not go ahead with hsg.

I'm not required to take a month off, but unfortunately dh works away from home so he misses every second month. Boo dh :(

It'll happen, just have to have patience.

IUI went well today. Count was 30mil after wash :) They said anything over 10mil was great!
I wait a long time in the room, as it seems they were pretty busy today. I had to sign a paper saying that yes, it was the right sample...nice to see the triple checking on that!
Have alot of cramping tonight. I wonder if it is O cramps and the IUI cramps. I didn't have much cramping after the procedure, but now I do.
They gave me a form to go get a beta done in 2 weeks. FX!

IUI went well today. Count was 30mil after wash :) They said anything over 10mil was great!
I wait a long time in the room, as it seems they were pretty busy today. I had to sign a paper saying that yes, it was the right sample...nice to see the triple checking on that!
Have alot of cramping tonight. I wonder if it is O cramps and the IUI cramps. I didn't have much cramping after the procedure, but now I do.
They gave me a form to go get a beta done in 2 weeks. FX!

hi, good luck! i managed to get my first BFP with only 1.8million post wash count. so that is great for you. i just wanted to tell you that i had cramping and pinching too after my iui for a few days, they would come and go randomly. i thought it was bad but it gave me my first bfp :)

Take care of yourself, stay positive, did your doc give you progesterone?

River - how was the IUI today? I was just reading about triple layer endometrium that is definitely good news!! I've never tested out the trigger before so I can't be much help there.

Samoorah - so sorry to hear about AF! :hugs: What meds will you start taking? Hopefully iui #1 is what gets you your BFP!

ttcmoon - so sorry to hear about your BFN. Perhaps you are just slow to get your BFP? I always feel sad for a day or two, too. It is super frustrating to feel like you've tried everything and still fail. But usually once I get past day 1 of AF, I start to get excited for the next try. Will you change anything for your next IUI?

Summer - boo to your BFN, too! You aren't out until AF gets you so maybe you are just slow to get your BFP! Are you required to take a cycle off in between IUI's? Why would you need to do another hsg?

AFM - I had interesting rest of my day yesterday. Had a nearly positive OPK at 10am, took another OPK around 345 and it was nearly negative!! I've had problems with this in the past so I called my fs to figure out what to do. I didn't want to miss ovulation! She had me repeat opk at 9pm yesterday (neg) and early this morning (neg) and if all negative, I was told to come in today for another ultrasound to see if I ovulated or not. So I did... no ovulation, but doc thought I was close (I didn't have my fs, I had her partner/husband). Eggs had grown quite a bit since yesterday - now I have on the left side: 19.69, 20.45, 21.08 (and a 12, 13, 14!) and on the right side: 23.26, 16.28 (and a 12, and three 13s!). So, he told me to trigger this AM and come in for IUI #3 tomorrow!! I'm feeling pretty good, but am starting to stress out about multiples! Keep your fx for me that we only get 1 (max 2) sticky bean!!

Wow that's amazing follies!! Best of luck to you. :):thumbup:

This post is to all the ladies who have had a BFP through IUI, but sadly miscarried. Please help me.

I was lucky enough to get my BFP on my first try of IUI, and I am "waiting" to miscarry. I do have an ultrasound on Friday if I dont start bleeding before then. If not, a d&c may be in order. (ew blah).

My question is how soon after did you try your next IUI? My doctor said to wait a cycle after miscarrying, but knowing its going to take 5-6 weeks for my first period, then a whole cycle after, it just seems so long :( But if it is better for me and the chances of conception are better, I shall wait.

Dear Hatethewait - I do not think I am late on getting BFP, with my last two pregnancies I got two lines pretty early.I should have got it on 16 DPO anyway.My new clinic is pretty caring.The doctor called me yesterday and was asking about my HPT.She asked me to take another test on wednesday.I am not hopeful though.I am ttc for 2.5yrs now without any success.New cycles do not excite me anymore.I am too tired of visitng doctors, taking injection,giving blood for different tests.Sometimes I feel it is not going to happen at all.But you know its the hope which keeps us alive.
The new clinic I got is pretty aggressive.The doctor told we will try 3/4 cycles of injectibles+ IUI and then will move to IVF.I am not sure if we are going to change anything for the new IUI cycle.Let's see what she says.But we are planning to ask for DNA Fragmentation for hubby and MTHFR test for myself.I had 4 mature follicles this time so the cycle looked pretty good.I had great linin too.May be it will happen soon.Fingers crossed and thanks to all of you for support.

You have got so many follicles!I am so excited for you.I hope your IUI goes well.I will deifinitely keep you in my prayers so you get one (or two) sticky beans this time.How long are you ttc?

This post is to all the ladies who have had a BFP through IUI, but sadly miscarried. Please help me.

I was lucky enough to get my BFP on my first try of IUI, and I am "waiting" to miscarry. I do have an ultrasound on Friday if I dont start bleeding before then. If not, a d&c may be in order. (ew blah).

My question is how soon after did you try your next IUI? My doctor said to wait a cycle after miscarrying, but knowing its going to take 5-6 weeks for my first period, then a whole cycle after, it just seems so long :( But if it is better for me and the chances of conception are better, I shall wait.

It is better to wait a cycle after miscarriage, my doctor told me the same.According to some websites women are more fertile after their miscarriage but if we give the body one month of time there is no harm.
I am really sorry for you and trust me this time will pass soon.The hardest time is the "wait" period, when you know your baby is still there and you are going to lose it soon.
I have been there twice but just hang on and take enough rest.Time will pass very soon and I will keep my FX'd for you so you become lucky again with your next cycle and get your rainbow!

It is better to wait a cycle after miscarriage, my doctor told me the same.According to some websites women are more fertile after their miscarriage but if we give the body one month of time there is no harm.
I am really sorry for you and trust me this time will pass soon.The hardest time is the "wait" period, when you know your baby is still there and you are going to lose it soon.
I have been there twice but just hang on and take enough rest.Time will pass very soon and I will keep my FX'd for you so you become lucky again with your next cycle and get your rainbow!

thank you for your words of support. i feel awful, and yes this waiting period is terrible. i just can't seem to move on :nope:, it's my last thought before i sleep and the first thought i wake up with. i miss the little one already, i was so attached to the idea of being pregnant, even if it was just for a few weeks.
i guess i shall follow my doctors orders and skip a cycle. i know i cannot get pregnant on my own as i dont release an egg every cycle, so i really have no choice but to wait. now i just have to see what my doc says about getting a d&c or letting this pass naturally.
thank you for your good wishes, and i hope you get your bfp and happy healthy baby soon. :hugs:

Dear River,Its great to know that your IUI went fine.Are you taking progesterone/estrogen medicines?I hope your TWW time passes soon and you get your BFP!

Summer - FX'd for you.Did you test again?

Samoorah - All the best for your first IUI.Did you visit your RE yet?

Dear Jaan - I know how you feel now.Always remember you are a mother to an angel who could not touch the ground, but that does not make you any less from those who had take home babies.So you have every right to cry and get attached to your little one.The phase you are going through is very tough but it will pass.
Personally I would not support DNC.DNC left me with patchy uterus :(.So better pass it yourself or go for medical management.I had blighted ovum last yr and I was given cytotec and misoporstol to pass the sac myself.I won't say it was any easy but it was quick.I bled for 5 days heavily.Emotionally it is very hard but we are always here to support you in any need.So just vent whenever you need.

Hi All! I'm a 34 y/o single woman, TTC for #1 with donor sperm. Waiting for AF to come today or tomorrow so I can get IUI #1 around October 7th or so. Any tips or words of encouragement? I've used OPKs for trial runs in the previous months but wondering how long after first positive OPK should I go in for the IUI/ I've been reading that 24 hours is ideal. Is that true? Has that worked for anyone?

Hi All! I'm a 34 y/o single woman, TTC for #1 with donor sperm. Waiting for AF to come today or tomorrow so I can get IUI #1 around October 7th or so. Any tips or words of encouragement? I've used OPKs for trial runs in the previous months but wondering how long after first positive OPK should I go in for the IUI/ I've been reading that 24 hours is ideal. Is that true? Has that worked for anyone?

I had my IUI done exactly 24 hours after my trigger shot, if that means anything to you. It worked because it resulted in a BFP. Good luck to you :)

Dear Jaan - I know how you feel now.Always remember you are a mother to an angel who could not touch the ground, but that does not make you any less from those who had take home babies.So you have every right to cry and get attached to your little one.The phase you are going through is very tough but it will pass.
Personally I would not support DNC.DNC left me with patchy uterus :(.So better pass it yourself or go for medical management.I had blighted ovum last yr and I was given cytotec and misoporstol to pass the sac myself.I won't say it was any easy but it was quick.I bled for 5 days heavily.Emotionally it is very hard but we are always here to support you in any need.So just vent whenever you need.

:hugs:thanks, yes, i just have to learn to let go and move forward because this was not in my hands. trying to remain positive. i too do not want a d&c, let's hope my doctor tells me on friday that i can have the medical management to help pass this little sac. thanks for being there <3

I dont want to "depress" this thread, I apologize! Deep in my heart I am really wishing you all a big big big big fat fat fat fat + + + + + + +

:thumbup:

I had my IUI done exactly 24 hours after my trigger shot, if that means anything to you. It worked because it resulted in a BFP. Good luck to you :)

Awesome. I think I will go with that. Thanks!:)

Hello Lovely, welcome to this thread.I hope this will be your monitored cycle.So once you get your AF your doctor will give you medication for ovulation (or are you planning to go for a non medicated cycle).Success rate is higher for medicated specially injectible cycle.Your doctor will monitor your follicle size,linin and LH surge and will give you trigger shot.Generally egg is released after 36-40hrs of the shot.But in some cases your body starts its surge itself so egg release can be faster.Some doctors prefer to have Back to back IUI's in 24hrs and 36hrs and some prefer either of the timings.I wish you all the best for your cycle.

BFN again this morning. I stopped my progesterone sups an just waiting on af. Going to take next month to check my tubes again. The FS has ordered a SIS (saline infused sonohystogram) similar to an hsg but performed in clinic with a smaller catheter and ultrasound instead of X-ray. Hopefully it will be much easier for me than the hsg I had last year. Will let you all know how it goes.

Officially a cheerleader for the other gals in the tww

Jaan- I am very sorry you have to go through this, it can't be easy. You are so very brave and you WILL have your rainbow baby. We are all here anytime you need to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->