IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Good luck today vk!!

AFM- I had myself a good cry this morning. Took hpt and BFN on 12dpo/iui. Granted it was not FMU, but still feel like there should've been a hint of a line by now! Also started spotting a little yesterday - really, really small amount of dark brown. It stopped by bedtime, but is back now and is a little bit more then yesterday. 12dpo/iui is when AF has been arriving the last 2 cycles so I'm guessing I'm out. :cry: Have been having af-like cramps off and on, too. But, I'll test again tomorrow with fmu if she doesn't come later today. I'm soooo frustrated!!! How could this not work?!? I had 5 f-in eggs, felt ovulation less than 10 hours later! Why is this so hard??

Sorry for the pity party. Hope you are all doing ok. Sending baby dust to all of you! :dust:

Hi ladies, mind if I join?

My story- ttc almost 2 years. Well, NTNP for a while and then started to worry. Went in for all the tests everything came back okay except my TSH was a bit off (3.5) and I had polyps. Went in for a polypectomy and then this month was the first month ttc after the surgery. Also have low dose of synthroid (25mcg). Just had my 1st IUI yesterday, and I'm hoping that the tww won't be a bear. I'm going to be super busy at work, so that is good.

Samoorah, I know how you must feel. When they found the polyps I was midcycle, just after HSG and sonohysterogram. Even though they said there was almost no chance of pregnancy, they made me wait because the appointment would be after O. The next month I was worried because the procedure was scheduled for after O so I asked my doctor if this was a problem. He seemed mystified that I would even ask the question! I was so angry that I missed a month even though it didn't matter what time of the month it was, and even though I set that anger aside, I know my anger was justified. I know stress isn't good for ttc.

Anyway, it is one month later and it does get better :) I spent last month worrying about me. I'm talking pedicures, exercise, and wine! In better shape than before, and now I realize that this is a lifetime commitment. If it takes one more month, that's ok. You don't want to waste the money if hubby needs help. Even if insurance covers this, there are insurance limits and the meds are expensive!

Best of luck to us all ladies!

HateTheWait - so sorry :hugs:
I am turning doubtful myself. 13dpo today, and still bfn. My temp is starting to go down as well. I go in for the beta test tomorrow morning regardless.
At this point I am not expecting any miracles, just waiting for af. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully I have no cysts or anything and can start a fresh cycle right away.

HateTheWait - so sorry :hugs:
I am turning doubtful myself. 13dpo today, and still bfn. My temp is starting to go down as well. I go in for the beta test tomorrow morning regardless.
At this point I am not expecting any miracles, just waiting for af. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully I have no cysts or anything and can start a fresh cycle right away.

:hugs: to you, too. Hope you get better news with the beta than the pee sticks! Are you taking progesterone or anything that would delay AF? If she does come, hope you get to get started right away!

Still no sign of AF but the dark brown spotting continues. I don't even know what to think anymore. We don't even have a plan for next month!!! I have to make an appointment with my fs to discuss IVF vs another IUI if this doesn't work. I think I'll just take the letrozole anyway if I can't get in before cd3 just in case we do plan to do another IUI so this cycle doesn't go to waste. Plus, it makes my cycle 4 days shorter so there are other benefits, too! Ugh, hopefully it doesn't come to this!

:dust:

No, not on progesterone. Seems on medicated cycles, my lp is a bit longer. On clomid, it was 16ish days..ugh so Af should start in the next few days.

Hello ladies,
Sorry to hear that doubt is setting in.
Wish there was a way to make this all easier.

When I left my iui today, walking out the door from where I had my procedure, a group of nurses and staff were gushing over one of the staff member's baby.
Seriously, just one door down from where I walked out. Not in a room, but out in the hallway.

There is a sign near the elevators and front desk that says something like, "due to the sensitivity of our practice, please refrain from bringing any children into the office." I was totally surprised that this was going on among staff members.

I sent my doctor an email about this experience.

We'll see what he says...

Hang in there everyone!:hugs::hug:

There is a sign near the elevators and front desk that says something like, "due to the sensitivity of our practice, please refrain from bringing any children into the office." I was totally surprised that this was going on among staff members.

That is very sensitive of your doc's office! I've never seen or heard of any such sign. That is awesome!

Dear Xanzaba, welcome....!!Thanks for sharing your story.What could be better than getting pampered and get back into shape.These does boost some confidence during ttc.When you find every other lady becoming pregnant so soon.

Hatethewait - I am so sorry for you dear.But hang on..It could be a late implanter.So hang on there till AF shows up.

VKJ - How was ur IUI otherwise..How many follicles you had and how was the linin.Did they check you for ovulation?

River - I am sorry for your bfn.I hope you get bpf soon.May be its still early, some do not get bfp until period is late by 1 week.

Ladies thank you for the kind words and encouragement! Such nice notes to wake up to this morning. So far the progesterone is fine if a bit yucky. Had some cramping but I am assuming that's the meds and not anything exciting. I guess the good thing is I can't symptom spot because any symptom could be the meds! One weird thing: no sore boobs yet. Usually that starts about a week before AF. AF is due this Thurs or Fri. Anyone know how much progesterone changes your cycle? I'm pretty regular, 27-28 days. Anyway, trying to hang on until I test Friday.

LoveMyTripawd-you've given me hope! Thank you! I'm trying to remain positive and hoping all this grossness with the progesterone is actually helping.

ttcmoon-No spotting but all the other grossness! And congrats to you and hubby on the job front. That sounds to me like things in the universe are going your way.

Hatethewait85-My RE is pretty aggressive with treatment so I just have to trust that I didn't start the progesterone too late (6dpiui). Nurse assured me that implantation can occur any time between day 6-12. Did the witch show up today? Hoping you're still in it for this month!

vkj73-good luck with the acupuncture!

xanzaba-Welcome!

River54-Maybe it's still early?? Hoping you get a BFP.

Thanks for the welcome ttcmoon and nolababy. Glad to finally be here. It was a long journey.

Are any of you ladies doing IUI without Clomid? I'm wondering if it's normal to have a single follie without the stimulation. I had at least 12 follicles (I had a cyst on one side) and they all began developing but then one took over and the others shrunk back.

Good luck ladies!

Hi Ladies..Happy Monday! I'm 12 dpo/iui and no real symptoms besides a little cramping which feels like normal pre-AF cramping. I haven't tested yet, I'm trying to hold off until 14 dpo/iui which would be Wednesday. Honestly, I'm just not ready to be let down again. :( I have a baby shower for a friend on Sunday and I just don't know if I'm up for going but I feel bad if I don't show up. I just don't think I can be surrounded by baby stuff and all of my friends with their new babies. I guess we'll see if AF shows up before then!

Good luck to everyone, I have my fx'd for you all!! :)

Hi everyone,
I am new and just had my first IUI on sunday. Today there was some light cramping so I hope it's nothing bad. I'm so hoping this is our month :)

Ladies thank you for the kind words and encouragement! Such nice notes to wake up to this morning. So far the progesterone is fine if a bit yucky. Had some cramping but I am assuming that's the meds and not anything exciting. I guess the good thing is I can't symptom spot because any symptom could be the meds! One weird thing: no sore boobs yet. Usually that starts about a week before AF. AF is due this Thurs or Fri. Anyone know how much progesterone changes your cycle? I'm pretty regular, 27-28 days. Anyway, trying to hang on until I test Friday.

LoveMyTripawd-you've given me hope! Thank you! I'm trying to remain positive and hoping all this grossness with the progesterone is actually helping.

ttcmoon-No spotting but all the other grossness! And congrats to you and hubby on the job front. That sounds to me like things in the universe are going your way.

Hatethewait85-My RE is pretty aggressive with treatment so I just have to trust that I didn't start the progesterone too late (6dpiui). Nurse assured me that implantation can occur any time between day 6-12. Did the witch show up today? Hoping you're still in it for this month!

vkj73-good luck with the acupuncture!

xanzaba-Welcome!

River54-Maybe it's still early?? Hoping you get a BFP.

Hi Nola,
I did progesterone last cycle. No spotting while on it. :happydance: usually i spot at least 2 days before. Took my last sup on 13 dpo as I got a bfn on 14 dpo fmu. It took 3 additional days to start af. So it increased my luteal phase by 2-3 days.

xanzaba- Hi! Good luck this cycle! Hope the tww flies by!! As for your question about the number of follicles - if unmedicated, most women will only have one follicle mature so what you are describing sounds about right. In people who don't ovulate at all, clomid is used to help get that one follicle to mature. In people who do ovulate but are struggling to get pg anyway, clomid is used to help more than 1 (typically 2-3) follicles mature to increase the number of targets for the sperm. Hope that helps!

vk- that is so nice that your clinic has that policy but really frustrating that their employees don't seem to follow it! any word back on your doc about it? How did the iui go, though? Everything good?!

nola- that is definitely the good thing about progesterone - it makes it hard to symptom spot!! Progesterone definitely can delay your cycle. I know most people who take it don't get AF for 2-3 days after stopping it. Good luck testing on Friday. It'll be here before you know it!!

Heath- good for you for holding off on testing!! Hopefully the cramping means nothing and you get your BFP on Wed! I know what you mean about going to baby showers. I've been invited to so many lately and just can't bear to go and play games and be happy. It makes my heart heavy! BUT, fx you will get your BFP on Wed and you will be glowing with happiness for the baby shower :thumbup:

azulita- Hi! I think cramping after the IUI can be pretty normal. Hope your tww flies by!

AFM- The :witch: got me sometime early this morning. At least she had the decency to wait until ALMOST wake up time to hit me with the cramps (last cycle it was 3:30 AM and almost unbearable). Last night when the spotting was getting worse, I knew things were over and pretty much cried myself to sleep. I figure if an IUI doesn't work with FIVE follicles, a good enough sperm sample, triple layer lining, and a well-timed IUI then it most likely will never work for me. I feel very defeated and am utterly heart broken. Appointment tomorrow with my fs to discuss IVF. Hoping I will be able to get started right away this cycle. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Thanks for the welcome ttcmoon and nolababy. Glad to finally be here. It was a long journey.

Are any of you ladies doing IUI without Clomid? I'm wondering if it's normal to have a single follie without the stimulation. I had at least 12 follicles (I had a cyst on one side) and they all began developing but then one took over and the others shrunk back.

Good luck ladies!

I'm going to do my IUI without Clomid or any type of medication. We shall see how it goes. Not too hopeful, though.

So, I got a negative OPK at 2pm today but then just got a positive one at 8pm tonight. My sperm is actually still in transit (!) and should get at my doctor's office by 4:30p (probably earlier than that) tomorrow.

Should I got in tomorrow afternoon for my IUI, sometime after my sperm arrives? I wanted to do it 24 hours afterwards but of course, the clinic will not be open at 8pm.

I'm going to call my doctor's office tonight and leave a message so I can see what they say but I don't want to miss out and wait for this cycle. What do you think??

Hatethewait- I am so sorry. I know how much it hurts.

Lovely- I don't know, see what they say. I used to only test in the morning because I had to call by noon to get in for the following day.

I don't usually test twice a day but I wanted to be on top of things to make sure I got the timing right.

I think I'm going to see what they say and if I haven't ovulated by Wednesday am, I'll get it done then. Ugh...so much to think about.

Dear Xanzaba, welcome....!!Thanks for sharing your story.What could be better than getting pampered and get back into shape.These does boost some confidence during ttc.When you find every other lady becoming pregnant so soon.

Hatethewait - I am so sorry for you dear.But hang on..It could be a late implanter.So hang on there till AF shows up.

VKJ - How was ur IUI otherwise..How many follicles you had and how was the linin.Did they check you for ovulation?

River - I am sorry for your bfn.I hope you get bpf soon.May be its still early, some do not get bfp until period is late by 1 week.

thanks for checking in:hugs:
they did not check for ovulation. i had one strong follicle on the right.
overall, the iui went well (the usual...short and sweet).
:dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"