IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Hello ladies. River, hope this is the cycle!

A couple of IUI newbie questions- I know temping is not as accurate with the trigger etc. but do any of you ladies still temp?

I had really strong O pains the day before IUI (~24 hours after trigger) and my temp was up the morning of the IUI. I'm wondering if I O'd the day before IUI. We did the deed for many days before, so we should be covered, but...

Also, I'm on progesterone since one day after iui, and my temps have been creeping up daily. But this morning (6dpiui, 6/7 dpo) my temps were back to where they were before taking progesterone. Could this be the mysterious implantation dip?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b5c56/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I gave up on temping, it did nothing but drive me crazy about timing. I hope it is a implantation dip!

Yes, I still temp, as my acupuncturist wants me to.
I never got a dip, but maybe for you it could very well be some sort of implantation dip - esp if you are taking prog already - FX!!

:dust:

So all week I have been feeling very lightheaded and dizzy most of the day. Sometimes I even feel a little nausea. At the beginning I thought that it could be a sign of pregnancy but then AF showed up yesterday afternoon and all 3 of the tests I've taken have been BFN. I don't know if I should go to the dr to get a blood test or not. I don't think I could be pregnant since all of the tests have been neg and I am currently bleeding. UGH this is so frustrating!! :growlmad:

Lovemytripawd!
Holy moly... I'm just putting it together now that you got your bfp.
Congrats!:thumbup:

Sending lots of :dust:to all!

Okay- I don't want to get too excited, so I will say upfront it may be an evap or something in my system from the trigger shot. But, I saw a second line. For the first time in 2 years. It's 7 dpiui and 7-8 days dpo. It is early, but if that was an implantation dip yesterday (temps back up today) it's possible.

Could this still be the trigger? If so, why did I get a negative 2 days after the trigger? Do I just not know how to test?

I wasn't going to tell DH- he gets really frustrated with my symptom spotting, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a hallucination. Do you ladies see it? What do you think? Cautiously optimistic?

Attachments

• 10122013.jpg
    10122013.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
Can defo see a line hun but I would be inclined not to get carried away just yet! I have had the trigger in my system until about 8dpo before! I would be hopeful though, hopefully this is it for you all my fingers crossed for you xxgood luck

BFN again on Friday so I called the RE's office since it was the third negative test that week. I stopped the progesterone (so last dose was Thursday night). AF has showed up this AM-blegh. So the nurse mentioned my possibly going on injectables this next IUI cycle. That seems a little fast to me? My RE is known for being aggressive but I'm not sure I'm ready to start injecting myself. I figured I'd be on the Tamoxifen again but maybe at a higher dose. Anyone else go to injectables on the second round?

ttcmoon-did you test Saturday? BFP?

I am on some injectibles as well as femara. Injectibles have a higher success rate statistically, which maybe the reason they suggested it. I know our fs takes age into consideration with protocols. Younger is usually less aggressive. I'll be 35 in a week, so it maybe why we started with injectibles with IUI right away.

Are any of you ladies on progesterone? I've had the pretty bad sinus pressure since about 5dpiui and it keeps getting worse. Today I actually have bruises between my nose and my eyes.

River54-I turned 36 in July so maybe that's why the RE is accelerating things. Thanks for your response.

xanzaba-I just stopped taking progesterone. I didn't have any sinus issues. Might want to check in with your doctor if you're that congested. Good luck and hope you feel better.

heath- How have you been feeling? Did the dizziness go away?

xanzaba- I can definitely see a very faint second line (and I have a hard time seeing them if they are faint!) but it's still REALLY early. I would be cautious of any second line within 10 days of the trigger. Have you tested again? If so, the line should definitely be getting darker! I'm not aware that progesterone would cause sinus pressure. I might follow up with your doc on that. Keep us updated! Fx for you!

nola- So sorry about your bfn! I second River's comment on the injections. I waited until my 3rd cycle to add the injectabls but I am "only" 28. My fs probably would've done it on my 2nd cycle but I got paranoid about multiples since I had 3 eggs develop with my 1st cycle on just oral meds. Are you going to meet with your RE to figure out what to do next?

How's everyone else doing??? ging? vk? ttcmoon? jaan? lovelymo? samoorah? azulita? anyone else I'm missing?

AFM- The :witch: has officially left the building!! I've decided to use up the opk's I have on hand. Hopefully I won't need them for a long time after this cycle so I should just use them up before they expire. :thumbup: I've also set up a consult appointment with an acupuncturist for Thursday so we will see what she says. This month is flying by really fast!

I just posted this on another thread:

Not feeling anything. My sense is that it didn't happen this round.
I'm also thinking that this was our last iui. I could change my mind later, but coming up on a year and a half of ttc#2 has drained me a bit.

We might try a couple of months au natural, and then...that might be a wrap
:nope:

vkj - ttc is really toll taking.Some cycles of natural try may be a good option.But IUI can make sure the timing is correct.So this may ultimately accelerate the thing.But again, you never know.Wish you all the best.

Hatethewait - Good that the witch left you alone.I am sure you wont need those OPK's for long time.So use all of them :) 65% success with IVF sounds great.

nolababy - I was on injectibles along with tamoxifen on my both IUI cycles.This time we did double IUI.It is better to go for injectibles after trying clomid/tamoxifen for 2-3 cycles.But given your age, let your RE decide it.Injectibles never gave me any problem till now.Though I did not respond to them very well.Tamoxifen is milder on uterine linin.That is a good point.
I had my IUI on thursday and friday.So I am not going to test before 27th.I hope a BFP this time for me. :)

River - How are you doing?

Xanzaba - I can see a second line there.But be very cautious.Your trigger should be inside you as it is too early to test.I am on progesterone.It gives my yucky feeling,leaking,constipation.I never had sinus though.

AFM - TWW for me.Could not time our BD well this time.Hubby was too stressed to do anything.We did double IUI (thursday and friday).I just hope that works.Had 2 mature eggs (19mm) and one mid size (15mm).And linin was 1cm.But doc was not happy with the linin as it was not tri layer.it is kind of patchy.
I had a great time this weekend.Celebrated Dussera Festival!FX'ed for myself.

ttcmoon - fx!
HateTheWait - you sound like you are off to a good start! Let us know how the acupuncture goes :)

I go in thursday for a follie check, see how many is there, and where they are at, and if they need to give me more meds etc. So, just waiting...Have a good friend come over on Sunday to celebrate our bdays, so that and the IUI timing hopefully will all work out!

Hate to bother you all but I did not get much replies for my question and thought maybe you could help out better.

Question for you ladies (if you know the actual count prior to and post freeze of sperms)...

I had my first IUI done with the first vial of my donor. That one that they used for my IUI had a count of 126 mil before wash/freeze. When it was thawed, only 4 mil had survived and with 20% motility. I still have 2 more vials that I can use (one with 78 mil and one with 88 mil). Now what are my chances that these two vials will have the same issue the first one had- 20% motility and not as many surviving? I only found out about the count/motility about a week after IUI was done and had no idea that was considered not good for IUI use (according to some of my loyal BNB followers who have experience).

It's such a big gamble to take, knowing that the last two vials I have have smaller count and that scares me. I know I can always get more from where it came from. The clinic follows FDA regulations so fresh is not possible, it has to be frozen sample that we use for my IUI.

Thanks for your input/help regarding this experience.

How's everyone else doing??? ging? vk? ttcmoon? jaan? lovelymo? samoorah? azulita? anyone else I'm missing?

I'm doing ok. It's 7dpo/6dpiui. Not really feeling anything. For a few days, I felt some mild twinges but nothing else. Today and yesterday, really emotional. Like crying over stuff I wouldn't have cried about before. Not sure what that is about. I want to test Sunday, which would be 12dpo/11dpiui. So we'll see!

Hate to bother you all but I did not get much replies for my question and thought maybe you could help out better.

Question for you ladies (if you know the actual count prior to and post freeze of sperms)...

I had my first IUI done with the first vial of my donor. That one that they used for my IUI had a count of 126 mil before wash/freeze. When it was thawed, only 4 mil had survived and with 20% motility. I still have 2 more vials that I can use (one with 78 mil and one with 88 mil). Now what are my chances that these two vials will have the same issue the first one had- 20% motility and not as many surviving? I only found out about the count/motility about a week after IUI was done and had no idea that was considered not good for IUI use (according to some of my loyal BNB followers who have experience).

It's such a big gamble to take, knowing that the last two vials I have have smaller count and that scares me. I know I can always get more from where it came from. The clinic follows FDA regulations so fresh is not possible, it has to be frozen sample that we use for my IUI.

Thanks for your input/help regarding this experience.

I'm definitely not an expert since I've only had one IUI but post wash, my vial had 6 million with 68% motility. I don't even know how much there was pre-wash. Is there anyway you can do B2B inseminations, to increase the amount of viable sperm. Because in my opinion, you will get about the same results, or less, when you wash those 2 vials.

My clinic seems to only do 1 IUI, and not B2B but I can check on that idea. Just will cost me a little extra. :shrug:

Lovely- FX for you.

Deafgal- I don't know the pre thaw count and motility, just post of our donor sperm. I have seen a variation in our donor's sample over this last year, some months excellent, others just average. I think that's why one of the requirements to be a donor is to have an above average SA, cuz they expect to loose some. Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->